Johnny Marr plays ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’ on Later with Jools Holland

Manning > Marr ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually very good. Down the years, Morrissey seems to have lost some interest in singing Smiths songs and sometimes does not even finish lines off. Some of the versions of those songs are also far removed from how Johnny Marr, the musical director, wanted them to sound. I think this is a chance to hear the 'music' of The Smiths live once again and it may only come around once.

It is true that Johnny Marr can not sing like Morrissey, but there is a lot of worth here just listening to the music. there are many who believe that Morrissey's band sometimes butchers the musical side of The Smith's songs, here is your chance to contrast. Personally, as someone who has retired from future Morrissey gigs due to his set list choice, such as 'I like you' for the millionth time, I think there is something in Johnny's band to be greatly enjoyed.

Johnny looks great. Morrissey, on the other hand, looks old, fat and bald.

New Town Velocity is a great 2nd single. Has dreamy quality about it . I love all the songs on the new album and hope it leads to another . May be Moz can write / sing a track on it. If Andy can get back with Marr ........ why not Moz ! I do not think Moz's ego would let it happen .....

"As far as cover versions go, I agree: the man is a singer of such complexity that he's virtually impossible to cover. Everyone can sing the words, but no one, not even the most accomplished vocalist, can match his strange intensity"

Have you ever been/seen the cover band called Smiths Indeed ? Johnny, Mike and Andy (Craig maybe) could take their singer and go on a world tour and on the plus side we would'nt have to listen to "Ste-Mo's" silly rantings, everybody would be a winner even lazy Morrissey could earn some bread for doing nothing (he'd like that) Money for nothing.
I think the guy is Swedish and lives/lived in Liverpool, lets find him and get it sorted.

Benny the Butcher

"Who is Morrissey ? "

For those who are truly devoted to Morrissey, it is so much more than a voice. It is a combination of vocals, lyrics, physical appeal, and a stage presence that is completely mesmerizing. There is no other, no adequate replacement; and if you don't know this, than what do you know?
lynnda

Marr's band are far superior to Moz's rent an indie muso car crash collective.

Johnny looks great. Morrissey, on the other hand, looks old, fat and bald.
Johnny is vegan, doesn't drink alcohol and goes running every week.
Morrissey drinks like a fish and hasn't exercised since 1978.
What do you expect?

For those who are truly devoted to Morrissey, it is so much more than a voice. It is a combination of vocals, lyrics, physical appeal, and a stage presence that is completely mesmerizing. There is no other, no adequate replacement; and if you don't know this, than what do you know?
lynnda

Aha its my stalker Linda.
Have you seen them Linda ? (in reall life not utube).
Can't wait for reply ! (not).

Benny the Butcher

Aha its my stalker Linda.
Have you seen them Linda ? (in reall life not utube).
Can't wait for reply ! (not).

Benny the Butcher

"not"; what are you, a ten year old girl from Fresno. The last time I heard someone seriously use that 'insult', Madonna was wearing a cone bra and your dick could still get hard.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom