Johnny Marr playing 'The Headmaster Ritual' at book launch

A

Anonymous

A cool snippet of Johnny playing 'The Headmaster Ritual' (on his own) at his book launch event at the Barbican:

image.jpeg

I was there! It was very interesting, and surprisingly Smiths-heavy; barely talked about anything else. He strutted out and started playing This Charming Man which was cool as f***. He talked of Morrissey with a wry grin, but it still came across as quite affectionate.

He signed books afterwards and he was so incredibly nice. I was very starstruck when I shook his hand; I told him a story about when my mum met him and he laughed, and then I got a bit emotional and told him how much his music meant to me, and that I'd listened to it every day for the past fifteen years and he (very sincerely) said 'thank you for telling me that'. He must have heard it a thousand times a day for the last thirty years, but he seemed incredibly sincere and interested and just all round top bloke. Well impressed! Possibly the coolest person I've ever met in my life, and I probably came across a total madzer. A really lovely, interesting evening.

View attachment 40863
I was there! It was very interesting, and surprisingly Smiths-heavy; barely talked about anything else. He strutted out and started playing This Charming Man which was cool as f***. He talked of Morrissey with a wry grin, but it still came across as quite affectionate.

He signed books afterwards and he was so incredibly nice. I was very starstruck when I shook his hand; I told him a story about when my mum met him and he laughed, and then I got a bit emotional and told him how much his music meant to me, and that I'd listened to it every day for the past fifteen years and he (very sincerely) said 'thank you for telling me that'. He must have heard it a thousand times a day for the last thirty years, but he seemed incredibly sincere and interested and just all round top bloke. Well impressed! Possibly the coolest person I've ever met in my life, and I probably came across a total madzer. A really lovely, interesting evening.

Glad you got to go. Seems like a sweet guy

Back
Top Bottom