Johnny Marr on "The Joy of the Guitar Riff" (BBC 4) clip

Re: BBC 4 The Joy of the Guitar Riff (Johnny Marr appearance)

Did you watch it?
This Charming Man is featured as one of the influential guitar riffs.

Just finished listening to “The Messenger” for the first time. Holy hell...why did I sleep on this???

Looking forward to hearing the new one, too. A friend heard an advance copy and said it’s somehow even better than “The Messenger”.

Just finished listening to “The Messenger” for the first time. Holy hell...why did I sleep on this???

Looking forward to hearing the new one, too. A friend heard an advance copy and said it’s somehow even better than “The Messenger”.

Marr is great live!

If the opportunity presents itself, I’d love to see him. I know he played a small club here last time.

He played a tiny venue here in March and it was fantastic. His new songs sounded great but when he played How Soon is Now and There Is a Light... the tiny venue just erupted into a celebration. He has quite the charisma on stage.

Have you heard his Healers album? There's some great tunes on there too.

Johnny seems to be a peace with himself at all times. Unlike Morrissey. Although I have no wish for a reunion and know it will never happen. It would be nice if Morrissey and Marr could just sit down together over a pint and say to each other how bloody good they were together.

Marr tried to get rid of "big rock chugging chord changes"? Clearly a certain person wasn't listening.........

It's amazing how fresh the early Smiths stuff sounds all these years later. I think that is the true test of their quality. And Marr was probably only 19 years old when he was writing and playing these songs.

Marr tried to get rid of "big rock chugging chord changes"? Clearly a certain person wasn't listening.........

It's amazing how fresh the early Smiths stuff sounds all these years later. I think that is the true test of their quality. And Marr was probably only 19 years old when he was writing and playing these songs.

Yes, the chugging chord changes . . . sad. And Marr at 19, crazy (and fresh for sure). He seems like such an awesome guy. Definitely winning at the the game of life.

If the opportunity presents itself, I’d love to see him. I know he played a small club here last time.

I am going to see him in Germany on 02.11.2014, also in a smaller club venue. Really looking forward to this!!!

You will not regret it. I saw him at Metro in Chicago. I was right at the front, barely three feet away from him stage left. Amazing to have him playing the breaks in Stop Me... from that close. His band is cracking live.

I also recommend purchasing the New Town Velocity digital single for the very strong B-side, The It-Switch.

You will not regret it. I saw him at Metro in Chicago. I was right at the front, barely three feet away from him stage left. Amazing to have him playing the breaks in Stop Me... from that close. His band is cracking live.

I also recommend purchasing the New Town Velocity digital single for the very strong B-side, The It-Switch.

Yeah, I definitely agree, the JM show I went to on the last tour was really fun. I'd much rather see him live than listen to the record—he's just got so much energy and obviously loves being on stage. I'm excited to go see him again, assuming he'll be going out to support the new album in a few months.

Johnny is ok (needs to sort the toupe black hair look out) but at the end of the day he was another who met a true poet and rode to the devil. If you get my drift.

Thank you, will do! I need to see if he’s coming around. New album comes out in October so I’d assume a tour of the states is not out of the question.

He played a tiny venue here in March and it was fantastic. His new songs sounded great but when he played How Soon is Now and There Is a Light... the tiny venue just erupted into a celebration. He has quite the charisma on stage.

Have you heard his Healers album? There's some great tunes on there too.

Never heard the Healers album but I’m intrigued.

Just downloaded the “New Town Velocity” single as well as the “Upstarts” single. :)

He played the troc in philly last tour..saw that show as well as irving plaza and webster hall in nyc and music hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn; all were excellent.

I had heard he was playing the tla in philly in september but with the album coming out in october im gonna guess november..ill be going to as many as i can.

Ps skip the healers record..i saw a few shows on that tour; great backing band but the album really wasn't memorable like the messenger..

He played the troc in philly last tour..saw that show as well as irving plaza and webster hall in nyc and music hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn; all were excellent.

I had heard he was playing the tla in philly in september but with the album coming out in october im gonna guess november..ill be going to as many as i can.

Ps skip the healers record..i saw a few shows on that tour; great backing band but the album really wasn't memorable like the messenger..

Hmmm for some reason I thought the last show was at the TLA in Philly. But I’d love to see him there on this next tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom