Johnny Marr on chances of working with Morrissey in the future - Steve Wright show (February 28, 2022)

It was a strange little interview on Steve Wright on Radio 2 this afternoon, with Johnny. Aside from Steve mentioning The Smiths once at the very start, in his intro about Johnny, they were not mentioned at all, even when Johnny was talking about his early years as a musician, etc. And then there was a brief exchange near the end that went something like this:

Steve Wright: Now, are you OK with me asking you the question that you probably don't want me to ask you about? You know the one.
Johnny: Sure, go for it.
Steve Wright: When did you last talk to Morrissey, or have any contact with him?
Johnny: I guess, 18 years ago. Maybe 15?
Steve Wright: Wow. And so, what are the chances of you ever maybe working together in the future?
Johnny: Zero.

And that was that.

Clarification (March 1, 2022):
The exact wording of Steve's question to Johnny was:

"So what do you see in the future for any kind of personal professional relationship with Morrissey? Could that ever happen?"

To which Johnny replied: "Oh let me think about that...zero?" (cue laughter)

Marr has made many records without Moz complaining, but when he makes a REALLY good one Moz accuses him of using his name as clickbait. Hey fans mean mister Marr is using my name to shamelessly promote himself. He's using me. He's exploiting me. Attack him!

Morrissey is demanding that Marr never uses his name in the press again. Never mind that their "ancient" collaborations resulted in some seriously immortal music that will no doubt link their names FOREVER. That's some irrational shit homeys whether you realise it or not.

She is the exact reason the Worlds Morrissey fans, especially Brits/Irish fans loathe American Morrissey fans
"what's that about" , how cliched and outdated, what a dumb dumb

You know the only reason these people do these posts is for attention, they aim to play to a crowd to get friends
" I know i will befriend Morrissey fans and say nice things about M, to get likes" , the same mentality as SJW's who mock Trump for easy likes . Rather than Virtue signalling, its Morrissey signalling.

Yanks do this.alot, it seems. Lots of em do not connect at all, with the human element. Its about social image to them
People in other countries do this, just not to the same degree. Im not anti-American by the way, I have been married twice to Americans. The USA is a great great country as well.

Interesting observations of America, albeit harsh to the individual involved.

I think I should say I am some sort of American as I was born and partly grew up in the U.S. (British parents, though) but I wouldn't mind if you were anti-American.

And I find European/American differences fascinating.

I wonder about the divide you speak of between Brit-Irish fans vs American fans.

Obviously they both intermingle on this site.

I wonder if others notice this divide or have learned things here over the years about each other's cultures?

It is a sensitive topic, but sensitive reflections about UK vs.US perceptions here would be very interesting to me . . .

Note: I am also enjoying many of your other posts.

Last edited:
:)

of course this is nothing new, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: being a tacky narcissist.
hes been one for many many years.
he wanted the dumb comet to come over and kill everybody
and explode the earth, because some 'chick' (code for schonggling dude) was sad over some election:thumbsdown:

he has many wigs and changes clothes every interview all the while
he supposedly is a 'left wing commie'? he even rents a mazeratti just to drive the dumb interviewer dude to the tube WTF? wait a minute LePep whats with all the decadent capitalism? shouldnt you wear a paper sack and give the rest of your tiny money to the 'rightless'?
Who is rightless anyways??:crazy:

yes his education is poor. he had to know that meat is murder from Moz he never could figure out he was eating a cow.
he never put 2 and 2 together, he had to know from Moz:seenoevil:
he thought McMuffins grew in trees:lbf:

a disgrace this Pepe:hammer:

Hello,
Usually, I tend not to reply to this sort of thing. I'm honestly not that interested in "debate"
In fact, the only reason I have been on a few days in a row is due to being off work with a cold

The truth is I pressed play, and I stopped after you gave a roll call of names. Thank you for making mine top of the list - is Dirk Blaggard, written in bruiser ink tattoo, in various shades of blue?
You seem to have done yourself up a bit for this broadcast, well done. A little bit of effort goes a long way
The irony is you have called yourself Ms NOW I understand. When frankly, and this is clear to even a dead snail in Israel, you do not understand and I dare say, you never will

M himself, could come to pay a visit and like an expert sleuth, expose his truth, which contradicts everything you think you know about him and you would look blankly into his eyes, say "Thank you. NOW I understand" , before climbing into your mini metro, placing your phone just so and broadcasting your encounter to the world, only to show your inference is the exact opposite of what he was trying to tell you.

I said, that which I said for the very simple reason, you are talking about people you probably have never met, you definitely do not understand and your truth was a lie

You lied and attacked johnny for no other reason, then you wanted attention, how old are you, 47 ? Yet you go on the interweb and lie about someone whose songs probably made you happy. probably gave you joy but you aren't grateful, you are hateful a fat thighed liar who lies

If you want to live in a make-believe world, so be it but must you inflict your madness on the public. I implore you to get a grip , get your USB cable, give it the snip . Its not clever to join a little gang and tell untruths about someone.
Anyone who knows Johnny will tell you Johnny is one of the very few people that was actually protective over M. He most definitely isn't a narcissist either and is a nice guy.

Now personally, I have always felt closer to M, his music means the world to me.
However, you have to be a complete moron to like or loathe someone or something just because Morrissey does ,
Belt up , for gawd sake.

Hilarious stuff!!! And to think Morrissey called this site So-Low what, 10 years ago? It was a damn university compared to what’s going on now 🤣

Calm down

Hello,
Usually, I tend not to reply to this sort of thing. I'm honestly not that interested in "debate"
In fact, the only reason I have been on a few days in a row is due to being off work with a cold

The truth is I pressed play, and I stopped after you gave a roll call of names. Thank you for making mine top of the list - is Dirk Blaggard, written in bruiser ink tattoo, in various shades of blue?
You seem to have done yourself up a bit for this broadcast, well done. A little bit of effort goes a long way
The irony is you have called yourself Ms NOW I understand. When frankly, and this is clear to even a dead snail in Israel, you do not understand and I dare say, you never will

M himself, could come to pay a visit and like an expert sleuth, expose his truth, which contradicts everything you think you know about him and you would look blankly into his eyes, say "Thank you. NOW I understand" , before climbing into your mini metro, placing your phone just so and broadcasting your encounter to the world, only to show your inference is the exact opposite of what he was trying to tell you.

I said, that which I said for the very simple reason, you are talking about people you probably have never met, you definitely do not understand and your truth was a lie
:rolleyes:
Pepe is on the podcasts and blogs just about every day we all know him for the :snake: he happens to be FFS:crazy:

You know Moz? you? on the :banned:list?:lbf:

You lied and attacked johnny for no other reason, then you wanted attention, how old are you, 47 ? Yet you go on the interweb and lie about someone whose songs probably made you happy. probably gave you joy but you aren't grateful, you are hateful a fat thighed liar who lies

FFS now JR is spamming here too with his mini tacky narcissism of being a rock star:lbf:

If you want to live in a make-believe world, so be it but must you inflict your madness on the public. I implore you to get a grip , get your USB cable, give it the snip . Its not clever to join a little gang and tell untruths about someone.
Anyone who knows Johnny will tell you Johnny is one of the very few people that was actually protective over M. He most definitely isn't a narcissist either and is a nice guy.

so you know LePepe? is this Aly and Ory? identify yourself:hand:

Now personally, I have always felt closer to M, his music means the world to me.
However, you have to be a complete moron to like or loathe someone or something just because Morrissey does ,
Belt up , for gawd sake.

:lbf:

didnt you say Moz loves LePepe?? are you the Ms??? :haircut:

:hammer:

three things:

the thing you need to understand about surface, carlisle baz, et al, is that they're just very very dumb. (for instance, they dont get that vegan cro is being funny--they think HE'S the dumb one). i suppose, unlike the others, surface might be a nice person in real life, but good god is he stupid.

im also not sure from what ive seen of morrissey fans that they necessarily fit that stereotype of being frail, gentle, shrinking violets.

you're gorgeous. you've got a real glow. the sad old bastards on here only wish.

The SMITHS are beautiful because they are perfectly preserved for forever in time, without artistic compromise of any kind, like a fossil in amber.

Morrissey and Marr are one of the greatest songwriting teams of the last 100 years. Rourke and Joyce were the perfect rhythm section. Craig Gannon too was valued for his brief stint.

I don't care who likes or doesn't like who anymore. I'm just glad we got all the great music and that each continues to be creative and prolific.

Hello,

Belt up , for gawd sake.
:crazy::drama::laughing::ahhh: How embarassing :lbf:

Last edited:
NEWSFLASH!!! Maybe there's more to music than lyrics and album sales....

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom