Johnny Marr on chances of working with Morrissey in the future - Steve Wright show (February 28, 2022)

It was a strange little interview on Steve Wright on Radio 2 this afternoon, with Johnny. Aside from Steve mentioning The Smiths once at the very start, in his intro about Johnny, they were not mentioned at all, even when Johnny was talking about his early years as a musician, etc. And then there was a brief exchange near the end that went something like this:

Steve Wright: Now, are you OK with me asking you the question that you probably don't want me to ask you about? You know the one.
Johnny: Sure, go for it.
Steve Wright: When did you last talk to Morrissey, or have any contact with him?
Johnny: I guess, 18 years ago. Maybe 15?
Steve Wright: Wow. And so, what are the chances of you ever maybe working together in the future?
Johnny: Zero.

And that was that.

Clarification (March 1, 2022):
The exact wording of Steve's question to Johnny was:

"So what do you see in the future for any kind of personal professional relationship with Morrissey? Could that ever happen?"

To which Johnny replied: "Oh let me think about that...zero?" (cue laughter)

Yep. Morrissey sent the open letter, but the ball was in Johnny’s court.

I’m wondering now if Morrissey was
not just testing Marr all along.

A bond of trust, and all that.
A thought 💭 and we see how he did now !

It was a strange little interview on Steve Wright on Radio 2 this afternoon, with Johnny. Aside from Steve mentioning The Smiths once at the very start, in his intro about Johnny, they were not mentioned at all, even when Johnny was talking about his early years as a musician, etc. And then there was a brief exchange near the end that went something like this:

Steve Wright: Now, are you OK with me asking you the question that you probably don't want me to ask you about? You know the one.
Johnny: Sure, go for it.
Steve Wright: When did you last talk to Morrissey, or have any contact with him?
Johnny: I guess, 18 years ago. Maybe 15?
Steve Wright: Wow. And so, what are the chances of you ever maybe working together in the future?
Johnny: Zero.

And that was that.

Clarification (March 1, 2022):
The exact wording of Steve's question to Johnny was:

"So what do you see in the future for any kind of personal professional relationship with Morrissey? Could that ever happen?"

Johnny has finished searching through Morrissey's garbage bins. Did he find any meat bones or wrapping? Find out during Mr. Marr's next interview about Morrissey.

I thought Morrissey's last record was great. Granted, the bar had never been set so low, but still. I may have a listen and see what I think now.
Meanwhile, Johnny who earned his reputation as the favored one, completely through default, as Morrissey seemed hellbent on trashing his own reputation, now looks like exactly what he's been since the early 90's, a dishonest self-righteous careerist in a ridiculous wig.
The last 4 impressed me more than amything he's done since Bona Drag. I want "My Hurling Days Are Done" played at my funeral. :joycat:

Johnny has finished searching through Morrissey's garbage bins. Did he find any meat bones or wrapping? Find out during Mr. Marr's next interview about Morrissey.

the only reason LePepe aka :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is 'supposedly vegan'
is to imitate Moz FFS
but then again he supposedly has full head of 'jet black natural hair':ha-no:

:hammer:

Notice that NOBODY is asking Morrissey. …ANYTHING.

Thats probably why there's so much discussion about Marr, apart from 2 gigs in May, there's nothing related to Morrissey happening and the only stuff we ever get to discuss is shite on Morrissey Central or from Quest. Maybe he will do some interviews in the run up to the gigs.

Last edited:

Yes because we all wanna listen to someone so dumb and lacking they create a social media account with a pop star's name in it
What a zero
Some of these Mexicans are so backward .. there is one who calls himself Roys Keith, LOL He looks so ugly as well, but the name is so bad you expect that

They've both said they don't want or need to work together anymore, that's not new. It doesn't imply animosity either, just passing of time. They reconciled in the 90s without working together again. But "zero" chance of making up is different, it's personal, it's an end of any civility.

Isn't that the curious thing? M puts up with Marrs crap for years , often Marr has stuck up for M , to be fair
They have worked together on Smiths rereleases
we know they met to talk about working together. We know M is the king of the media wind up merchants

Anyone could have guessed if M did the Open Letter, lots would have gone on Marrs side. So, why the letter now?
Sure it could be M has had enough, he is even more sensitive than normal, as his mum passed.
The latest comments about Johnny getting on with all the people he has worked with, apart from M and that M isn't the best writer he has worked with could have been a step too far

It could be when M , turned down the chance to work with Marr again, M's career was still going, quite well. There was still some "come back magic " to it Lots of people respected him, not liked but respected.
That isn't the case now, not to the same degree. So, maybe M's mum died. Marr and M started talking and they came up with this great Stones/Beatles rivalry, that's leads to them getting back together

Maybe not but also maybe ?

:)

we will have to see, after the latest fiasco, the new album, promoted by a trillion podcasts and blog interviews selling a miserable 7000 units in the first week, where fearless leade LePep will go next.:lbf:

vegas odds: dole:lbf:

:hammer:

Amy, I just listened back to it on BBC Sounds and the exact wording of Steve's question to Johnny was:

Apologies for mis-remembering the precise wording in my original post.
Thanks BB. Another disappointing, low, playing to the peanut gallery response from JM. Awful.

I wonder if they ever did the BritNasty...you know, eating crumpets out of each others' arses!

Hey, kiddos… Now that we have the information - directly from both horse’s mouths - how about getting some focus on this site.

Leave Johnny Marr to do what he does best. He makes music, with many artists and promotes it.

…and - by all means, if you’re a fan - celebrate what Morrissey does! He promotes dead people, trashes music and thinks the world owes him something for it.

The notice is in. You can ALL drop the banter about a reunion and the slagging off of another artist. This is a Morrissey site.

Enjoy your obituaries. 🤪

Still not talking about Morrissey huh Marr?

Never thought I’d say this:
Morrissey was right to send that open letter. The fans are right.
You honestly are a bit if a twat.

Isn't that the curious thing? M puts up with Marrs crap for years , often Marr has stuck up for M , to be fair
They have worked together on Smiths rereleases
we know they met to talk about working together. We know M is the king of the media wind up merchants

Anyone could have guessed if M did the Open Letter, lots would have gone on Marrs side. So, why the letter now?
Sure it could be M has had enough, he is even more sensitive than normal, as his mum passed.
The latest comments about Johnny getting on with all the people he has worked with, apart from M and that M isn't the best writer he has worked with could have been a step too far

It could be when M , turned down the chance to work with Marr again, M's career was still going, quite well. There was still some "come back magic " to it Lots of people respected him, not liked but respected.
That isn't the case now, not to the same degree. So, maybe M's mum died. Marr and M started talking and they came up with this great Stones/Beatles rivalry, that's leads to them getting back together

Maybe not but also maybe ?
NOBODY likes or respects a slack-jawed, whiny little man-child.

Marr continues to grow, as an artist - while Melvis continues to swirl the drain of his past (perceived) greatness.

It really is quite amusing.

As you were!

Do not forget: Morrissey doesn't do interviews anymore.
That’s because he’s a self-righteous pussy who’s afraid to be called out on his bullshit. He does still pen “open letters” to folks who have career momentum, telling the how to answer questions from the media.

🤡 🤡 🤡

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom