Johnny Marr NYC shows

Chickpea

pithy yet degenerate
All in all, a great show. I love going to see Johnny live—like I said in another thread yesterday, he's full of energy and he's having a great time on stage. The audience loves him. Fun, fun, fun! Regardless of how you feel about him singing Smiths songs, you can't deny that the guy puts everything he's got into his shows. Looking forward to seeing him again in Brooklyn on Saturday!

Here are a few photos I took at the Gramercy Theatre show tonight, along with video of Still Ill. There are a couple of other short video clips (Panic & Headmaster Ritual) on my Instagram, too.

ors4sp.jpg

2qkmfc5.jpg

2ij1dop.jpg

mkf1xc.jpg

2qs54d4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures und videos!

Thanks a lot!!!

thanks for the pics. dont get the boys get straight shirt, seems random, but oh well. irish boys do tend to stay skinny though ill say

Great pictures und videos!

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks, VM! Glad you enjoy them. :)

thanks for the pics. dont get the boys get straight shirt, seems random, but oh well.

It's a song on his new album.

Chickpea..you make me want to go out and buy a camera before Saturday's show.

Want me to send you my outtakes and you can pretend you took them? :D Or you can borrow mine, but I'm counting the frames...

Headmaster clip is ace.

P.

Yeah, I wish I'd recorded the whole thing, but I don't like to record more than one song per show...I can't stand still that long! I'm planning on getting all of Headmaster on Saturday, assuming he does it.

Those pics put my iPhone to shame. I have some from the show in Philly I'll share when I get home.

to be fair, you did have this person in front of you the entire time

tumblr_inline_mjxc6aj4NO1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah, and you had this person behind you last night!

reverse-1351010397_spiderwoman_dancing_performance__milenasidorova.gif

Last night a crazy lady behind me (who I see at all Marr NYC shows) yelped the entire time through Meredith Sheldon, danced like a mad woman in between her and Johnny's sets, she dumped her purse on the ground which had like 5 cans of various beers in them; most of them empties. Then during Marr's set at one point she took all the empties and through them over the guardrail. During How Soon Is Now she squeezed up next to me on the rail so she could throw a bottle of pills (which she kissed before tossing) and some sort of itemized list onto the stage.

I'm certain she'll be doing all this again on Saturday in Brooklyn :lbf:

At least I didn't get into a massive shoving match with someone this time.

HAHAH! Yeah, that was kinda ridiculous.

Last night a crazy lady behind me (who I see at all Marr NYC shows) yelped the entire time through Meredith Sheldon, danced like a mad woman in between her and Johnny's sets, she dumped her purse on the ground which had like 5 cans of various beers in them; most of them empties. Then during Marr's set at one point she took all the empties and through them over the guardrail. During How Soon Is Now she squeezed up next to me on the rail so she could throw a bottle of pills (which she kissed before tossing) and some sort of itemized list onto the stage.

Oh, don't forget the part where she sat on the floor and made a "can fence" around herself so no one could enter her personal space! I've never wished so hard for someone to get trampled at a show before. Or at least vomited on.

oh right..and wearing her sunglasses at night was a nice touch as well..

Oh, don't forget the part where she sat on the floor and made a "can fence" around herself so no one could enter her personal space! I've never wished so hard for someone to get trampled at a show before. Or at least vomited on.

Argh.....you guys are making me think about going on Saturday!

Another really fun show last night in Brooklyn! The Music Hall of Williamsburg is a nice little venue—good sound, good atmosphere. I think Johnny was slightly less energetic than he was at Wednesday's show, maybe…

Captain Kirk Douglas from the Roots joined in on guitar for How Soon Is Now, which was a happy surprise. Amazing stuff!! He was super into it and singing along, having a great time.

Andy Rourke was in the audience, but he did not make an appearance on stage like he did last year.

Unfortunately my photos are crap this time, but at least I got decent video of Headmaster Ritual and Bigmouth Strikes Again...

21ce5cl.jpg

6pqq7p.jpg

Another really fun show last night in Brooklyn! The Music Hall of Williamsburg is a nice little venue—good sound, good atmosphere. I think Johnny was slightly less energetic than he was at Wednesday's show, maybe…

Captain Kirk Douglas from the Roots joined in on guitar for How Soon Is Now, which was a happy surprise. Amazing stuff!! He was super into it and singing along, having a great time.

Andy Rourke was in the audience, but he did not make an appearance on stage like he did last year.

Unfortunately my photos are crap this time, but at least I got decent video of Headmaster Ritual and Bigmouth Strikes Again...

21ce5cl.jpg

6pqq7p.jpg

Top.

P.

Back
Top Bottom