Johnny Marr - News At Ten - talks about reunion offers (October 21, 2021)

Usual Smiths references - Johnny is on the News At Ten (UK National News bulletin) shortly:

The above post was initially promoting the appearance on ITV and the text was subsequently changed.
News At Ten averages approx. 2.5 million viewers nightly.
FWD.

Edit:
Brief video clips, Morrissey mention by Nina.
Blossoms & Rick - the 'heads up would be nice' restated.
Couple of offers to reform - not as many as suggested.
Re: being offered any money to reform The Smiths:
'Because there has to be a friendship there... and the band aren't really friends.'

FWD.

It will never, ever happen with the original line-up. That lingering hatred for Joyce, borne not of the court case, but more of a lover spurned, ensures it will never happen.
Bore off.
Let's hear the actual evidence of this.
Evidence as well - not some second hand gossip.

If Moz agreed to a project and they offered Marr enough loot he'd be there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. He's fooling no one.

or fooling very few anyway.
I don’t think that is true.

Anyway a sad watch, Morrissey has ruined any chance of a reunion. I wouldn’t like one to happen, it would be horrible. The Smiths is perfect.

That I truly agree with. At the time Brett was also in a creative rut, which he got out only by reforming Suede five years later. Butler on the other hand has really slid out of view, I only remember him on guesting on a Pet Shop Boys track two years ago.

Well he went into producing and after Duffy it seemed he kinda went quiet on the work front. I love the tears album though. I think maybe lyrically Brett was stretched to thin and didn’t always give it enough detail as he was writing lyrics for his debut solo at the same time I think

Actually feel sorry for Andy Rourke here. Friends with Johnny from school and I wouldn't think has done much to fall out of favour with JM.

Can't help feeling a lot of bitterness coming from JM of late.
Saying Isaac Brook was the best lyricist he has ever worked with seems odd.

No disrespect I.B but Morrissey's lyrics are some of the greatest of all time.

Actually feel sorry for Andy Rourke here. Friends with Johnny from school and I wouldn't think has done much to fall out of favour with JM.

he has been like that for the last couple of years,wee digs here and there,and all the while M keeps his trap shut and yet he is the one who is meant to be this terrible person.

Marr hasn't got an interesting singing voice and Morrissey's songwriters and musicians since at least 15 years are simply not good enough. They both want it that way and there is no way back because of personal issues. It has been the same since the court case. They met regularly in the early 90s but that's a long time a go. The REUNION question keeps on rising from the dead everytime a new release is out.

From the daily beast article with Andy he didn’t have much good to say about any of them. Didn’t seem super angry or anything but also didn’t have a lot of good things to say

I’m off to watch Suede next month. Doing the full Coming Up LP 🤟
Brilliant. I had a ticket for their Dublin concert last summer but they had to cancel it. Peter Hook was also playing so I'm disgusted it didn't go ahead.

Usual Smiths references - Johnny is on the News At Ten (UK National News bulletin) shortly:

The above post was initially promoting the appearance on ITV and the text was subsequently changed.
News At Ten averages approx. 2.5 million viewers nightly.
FWD.

Edit:
Brief video clips, Morrissey mention by Nina.
Blossoms & Rick - the 'heads up would be nice' restated.
Couple of offers to reform - not as many as suggested.
Re: being offered any money to reform The Smiths:
'Because there has to be a friendship there... and the band aren't really friends.'

FWD.

Thanks for the vimeo link, FWD. I read the post wrong and recorded BBC News At 10 last night and had to fast forward through Boris Johnson. A man who can't even wear a tie properly doesn't instill confidence.
Great to see the vimeo clip, thanks.

I’m off to watch Suede next month. Doing the full Coming Up LP 🤟
Hope you have a great night Janice...
Hope you get some great Merch (as you usually do)
Box sets, signed singles, and albums T shirts .

I managed to get a video from the ITV website - added to the OP.
Quite difficult to do believe it or not.
So not my best work, but you can hear him directly (sync is about one third second off).
Regards,
FWD.

The video is good enough, FWD.

Thanks for your efforts.

It will never, ever happen with the original line-up. That lingering hatred for Joyce, borne not of the court case, but more of a lover spurned, ensures it will never happen.

Sorry, Peter, but your view on this subject is quite simplistic.

I venture to guess you know much better than that.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom