Johnny Marr - News At Ten - talks about reunion offers (October 21, 2021)

Usual Smiths references - Johnny is on the News At Ten (UK National News bulletin) shortly:

The above post was initially promoting the appearance on ITV and the text was subsequently changed.
News At Ten averages approx. 2.5 million viewers nightly.
FWD.

Edit:
Brief video clips, Morrissey mention by Nina.
Blossoms & Rick - the 'heads up would be nice' restated.
Couple of offers to reform - not as many as suggested.
Re: being offered any money to reform The Smiths:
'Because there has to be a friendship there... and the band aren't really friends.'

FWD.

Watched Johnny on ITV News yesterday being interviewed about the James Bond movie and his new album. They asked THE question and he said he wouldn't reunite the Smiths for any amount of money. He said there had to be a friendship there and it was sad, but the Smiths are not friends. :(

Between the 4 collectively presumably

I think between Morrissey and Marr. I think both Moz and Johnny think of the two of them as the Smiths. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I managed to get a video from the ITV website - added to the OP.
Quite difficult to do believe it or not.
So not my best work, but you can hear him directly (sync is about one third second off).
Regards,
FWD.

‘the band aren’t really friends’

Regarding The Smiths, wonder how Johnny defines ‘band’. I assume he means all four of course. Which does leave room for him and Morrissey getting together.

He still seems pissed off at Astley and Blossoms for not giving him a ‘heads up’.

Maybe Johnny always been like this but I feel he recently has taken on a more bitter attitude as of late.

‘the band aren’t really friends’

Regarding The Smiths, wonder how Johnny defines ‘band’. I assume he means all four of course. Which does leave room for him and Morrissey getting together.

He still seems pissed off at Astley and Blossoms for not giving him a ‘heads up’.

Kinda wonder if they got a offer to reform,
could it be without MJ or would a promoter
want them all.

If Moz agreed to a project and they offered Marr enough loot he'd be there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. He's fooling no one.

or fooling very few anyway.

If Moz agreed to a project and they offered Marr enough loot he'd be there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. He's fooling no one.

or fooling very few anyway.

I don't think so, he seems happy and has a varied network of artists to work with. He isn't short of a bob or two so why deal with the stress of working with a difficult man.

I managed to get a video from the ITV website - added to the OP.
Quite difficult to do believe it or not.
So not my best work, but you can hear him directly (sync is about one third second off).
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for that, I wonder how he managed to get on News at Ten, as you mention in the original post it has a decent amount of viewers.

:straightface:

Moz said NO to a reunion with the lawnmowers :handpointleft:
Moz is the decider(y)

lawnmowers find work, if fredo can robocop once every 6 months
so can you. :hammer:

Nothing more boring than hearing about possible or impossible Smiths reunions. Give me a great Moz solo album and tour instead (with a good setlist).

Nothing more boring than hearing about possible or impossible Smiths reunions. Give me a great Moz solo album and tour instead (with a good setlist).

And yet they keep asking!

It will never, ever happen with the original line-up. That lingering hatred for Joyce, borne not of the court case, but more of a lover spurned, ensures it will never happen.

It will never, ever happen with the original line-up. That lingering hatred for Joyce, borne not of the court case, but more of a lover spurned, ensures it will never happen.

Do you think Mike will ever speak of it? He must have had some book offers.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom