Johnny Marr new single "Hi Hello" calls back to 'instinctive sensibilities with its jangly guitars'

just awesome song. Chills.

Link posted by Surface:

Johnny Marr Says 'Hi Hello' to the Old Style in New Single, Video: Exclusive - Billboard

Excerpt:

Johnny Marr is making a reintroduction to a new world on his latest single “Hi Hello” from his forthcoming third solo record Call The Comet.

‘It was one of the songs that just fell into my hands and mind as I was playing,” Marr tells Billboard. “The tune evoked something natural so I just followed it and it felt like I had to sing something personal, something we might all feel about someone sometime.”

The song loosely follows the overarching concept of the next record, which is informed by an alternate utopian reality, even as Marr looks ahead at a dystopian future. It calls back to some of the former Smiths songwriter’s most instinctive sensibilities with its jangly guitar and gloomy keyboard melodies, but they’re presented with a new depth that is distant yet inviting.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the songs so far have been really good. He’s found how to use his voice with this album. I think it’ll be the first marr album where I don’t have to make myself enjoy it in any way or feel like I have to defend it in any way. Should be good

CORRECTION: I think hes actually singing "the breasts are me":family:

Johnny Marr On Why He Turned Down The The’s Reunion and Whether He Worries About Morrissey Ruining The Smiths’ Legacy

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/06/kyle-meredith-johnny-marr/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

More:frogface: running at the mouth. Great. Fabulous. That what we need.
You cant even understand half the stuff he says, the funny . something
about half the material from CALL THE COMET:drama: is a dramatic
explanation of how it would be to live in an alternative Drama J society.doh:
He like Plato planning out new city state courtesy of the damn Comet that
refuses to finally arrive. Poor Drama J I think the autism may have slipped
into him, thinking he is organizing a new society where everybody gotta have
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:. How will people understand each other with this Drama J :frogface: language?
Its going to be cluster. For sure.

Drama J, if you are reading here, dont worry about the Smiths legacy, Smiths legacy
is Moz as in M O Z. Get it thru your thick :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom