Johnny Marr live radio interview

Johnny's interviews it seems get more interesting as they go along. Talks about playing Smiths songs in his current set that match the vibe of Call the Comet, like "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me". He thought playing Electronic's "Get the Message" was going to be hard to pull off live, but his band are so good, they had it together in 10 minutes.

The interviewer brought up a sound clip of Noel Gallagher saying out of a Smiths reunion, Oasis reunion and the Second Coming, Noel thought the Second Coming of the Lord would be the most likely. Johnny chimed in that Noel is very wise. Johnny said he knows 100% there won't be a Smiths reunion, he says "not if I've got anything to do with it."

im tired of johnny marr now. actually, I always was.

Johnny's interviews it seems get more interesting as they go along. Talks about playing Smiths songs in his current set that match the vibe of Call the Comet, like "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me". He thought playing Electronic's "Get the Message" was going to be hard to pull off live, but his band are so good, they had it together in 10 minutes.

The interviewer brought up a sound clip of Noel Gallagher saying out of a Smiths reunion, Oasis reunion and the Second Coming, Noel thought the Second Coming of the Lord would be the most likely. Johnny chimed in that Noel is very wise. Johnny said he knows 100% there won't be a Smiths reunion, he says "not if I've got anything to do with it."

Well, kudos to Johnny that he actually does proper sit down interviews still. Despite everything, I can still fathom some kind of a Morrissey & Marr reunion. Not holding my breath of course.

Well, kudos to Johnny that he actually does proper sit down interviews still. Despite everything, I can still fathom some kind of a Morrissey & Marr reunion. Not holding my breath of course.

Johnny has actually done a half dozen long form interviews that I know of since the release of Call the Comet. Depending on the interviewer, he can be very personable and able to sustain your interest over the course of an hour. This is a particularly good one with Simone-Marie Butler who is also the bassist for Primal Scream: https://www.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/simone-maries-naked-lunch-13062018/

I heard that, and felt a little bit of me die :( I know logically it's not going to happen, but the vehemence made me so sad.

Last edited:
I would really like to know what happened. Just so I could understand and let that hope die.
I know. I think that's how a lot of people feel. But I do sometimes wonder if there isn't that much more to know. I suspect a few things will come out when Morrissey dies (not that I'm wishing that to be any time soon). The histrionics, for instance, that must have played a part.

Back
Top Bottom