Johnny Marr & Jon Savage - Interview - Rolling Stone Magazine

I can't get into any of Marr's solo work, even after seeing it live, which I guess worked out well because he didn't play a lot of it, he knows people weren't there for it.
His interviews are so monotonous, esp the last answer in which he says he hated touring with the Smiths. He said it before, word for word, and no one even asked him.
He tries to make himself sound so deep and intellectual but he's just a bumbling idiot.
I saw him live twice and he definitely knows how to put on a show but yes filling the show with Smiths stuff and songs from Electronic does help.
This interview is one of the few interesting ones before he started complaining about Morrissey being his black cloud.

and just cause I thought of it...

Last edited:
I can't get into any of Marr's solo work, even after seeing it live, which I guess worked out well because he didn't play a lot of it, he knows people weren't there for it.
Not so long ago I asked here if there were any solo Johnny songs as good as the best of The Smiths or Morrissey and nobody came up with anything. I do like his early collaborations with proper lyricist/vocalists (Electronic, The The, Kirsty, etc.) but can't get into his solo stuff at all. So I looked up his top ten most played tracks on Spotify and it includes nine songs from a Spider-Man soundtrack! The one Marr song on the list is Easy Money which I don't think would make it as a Morrissey b-side.

Enough about marr, blimey

:love: wonderful.
It's worth saying that this was after the court case, too, where he felt Johnny let him down.
There's always an olive branch somewhere.

What's your problem? His headline show at the 6 Music Festival sold out in minutes!
:lbf:
aly and ory time to exit the Cult of :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, hes doing 200 seats with 2 OTHER ACTS
thats about 55 tix apiece what a disgrace
they had to add WetLeg and SelfEsteem to the show to sell 200 tix:clap:
what shanda!! 2oo tickets and he needs 2 other bands? libraries hold more
than 2oo seats FFS where is the show going to be done at the fing PODIUM:lbf:

Pryzm holds 2000 for the FULL BALLROOM area. however LePep wont say in
his dumb FB cult page he is playing the tiny side room. 200 at most:)

info from ticket experts:handpointdown:

"It's said 200 ( two hundred) available tickets on both the 7pm and 9pm shows for Pryzm"

🇭🇷

:love: wonderful.
It's worth saying that this was after the court case, too, where he felt Johnny let him down.
There's always an olive branch somewhere.

What about Morrissey letting Johnny down? Morrissey's diva-like behavior on the stand did them no favors.

LePep is playing the 200 seat side room at Pryzm.
what a superstar, no wonder aly and ory have him as god.:straightface:
and since he joined the Blondie oldies tour, tickets sales have bottomed.
sunk like a stone in the ocean.:(
make sure you have your stubs for when they cancel to get your swag back:)

:hammer:

This one makes me quite ill.

one of the earlier wigs. the dude making the interview is amazed that with the high wind not one hair of the LePep head twitches.o_O
and this must be right before the 10k hale jog:eek:

What about Morrissey letting Johnny down? Morrissey's diva-like behavior on the stand did them no favors.
I know, I know. Even so, Morrissey felt that JM let him down - that's all I was saying.

Maybe if Johnny would have defended his and Morrissey’s position, then Morrissey may not have felt the need to be so vocal.

No but the reality is he said it as a joke due to him and Bernard being really good friends and knowing it would make Bernard laugh.

If it was a joke, it wasn’t funny. Poor Bernard, not there to defend himself . :(

Great interviewer though.

If it was a joke, it wasn’t funny. Poor Bernard, not there to defend himself . :(

Great interviewer though.

Bernard laughs about it though, he was at Alderley Edge May Fair the day after New Order played Joddell Bank with Johnny as support and someone asked him about it he laughed saying he’s a cheeky bastard.

:mad:

that explains bernard keeping it real and calling LePepe dumb in his book
hooky cant stand neither:straightface:

Bernard laughs about it though, he was at Alderley Edge May Fair the day after New Order played Joddell Bank with Johnny as support and someone asked him about it he laughed saying he’s a cheeky bastard.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
Bernard told somebody who told somebody who told somebody who
immediately reported to Surfboard:ha-no:
ignore Surfboard site nuttero_O
he has imaginary ears in every Manc nook and cranny:crazy:

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom