Johnny Marr & Jon Savage - Interview - Rolling Stone Magazine

:)

they keep on rolling. (n)
whats going on with LePepe?
challenges facing young people? hes 60 yrs old FFS:lbf:
incredible case of insane personality crisis :crazy:

🇭🇷>:hammer:

Any fans of Johnny Marr solo here? I've been trying to get into it.

Me! I've honestly been listening to his solo stuff more than the Smiths lately. His latest album is excellent - can't get enough of the songs released so far.

I must say he is killing this PR game as well.

Me! I've honestly been listening to his solo stuff more than the Smiths lately. His latest album is excellent - can't get enough of the songs released so far.

I must say he is killing this PR game as well.

:rolleyes:
Aly and Ory, hes the OPENING ACT for an oldies act, BLONDIE FFS:lbf:
at 60 yrs olddoh:
he doing a 200 seater which has yet to sell 1 ticket and he carrying on as if hes playing wembley stadim FFS
whats going on with the Pepe?
hes doing phenomenal with the blogs and podcasts so much so he has to inscribe the suco dumb
cd for someone to buy🛍️

its gone all wrong for the LePep:hammer:

Any fans of Johnny Marr solo here? I've been trying to get into it.

I like some of his stuff but if I was comparing to Morrissey albums, I'd say I like 40% of a Marr album whereas with most Morrissey albums it's more like 60/70%. From what I've heard from Marr's new one that % might rise a bit. There are a couple of singles of Marr's I really like, The Bright Parade and Armatopia.

If the rest of the album is anything like the first single Soul searcher or spirit soul or whatever it's called I think this might be the first Marr album I'll give a pass. As I've said before I find about 70% of each of his track listings to be filler with 2 or 4 good songs on each album and that is actually being too generous in my opinion. Has he written a song as good as New Town Velocity yet? It's not hard to get good PR when everyone loves you.

Last edited:
Marr's music is growing on me, but mostly because some of it still sounds like the smiths and perhaps a dash of joy division.
For example, "hi hello" sounds recycled from the smiths though I'm not complaining.
I prefer Morrissey because he always sounds like Morrissey.

I can't get into any of Marr's solo work, even after seeing it live, which I guess worked out well because he didn't play a lot of it, he knows people weren't there for it.
His interviews are so monotonous, esp the last answer in which he says he hated touring with the Smiths. He said it before, word for word, and no one even asked him.
He tries to make himself sound so deep and intellectual but he's just a bumbling idiot.

:rolleyes:
Aly and Ory, hes the OPENING ACT for an oldies act, BLONDIE FFS:lbf:
at 60 yrs olddoh:
he doing a 200 seater which has yet to sell 1 ticket and he carrying on as if hes playing wembley stadim FFS
whats going on with the Pepe?
hes doing phenomenal with the blogs and podcasts so much so he has to inscribe the suco dumb
cd for someone to buy🛍️

its gone all wrong for the LePep:hammer:

What's your problem? His headline show at the 6 Music Festival sold out in minutes!

The only interesting part was that having his house as the Madchester "HQ" made it difficult "family-wise" later on. Well, yeah Johnny - what parent with young kids would want Bez & the Mondays and every drugged-up idiot in 20 miles trailing in and out of the house 24/7? He tries to make it sound cool and creative but it comes across like a truckload of random people just dossed at his house for free drugs and partying, that's nothing to be proud of. After the fuss he made about the Smiths not signing to Factory and not wanting to be part of the Factory crowd, I'm really sick of how much he harps on about the Hacienda days.

And the line "just wanna breathe in the hotspots" is about Black Lives Matter? If that's true, what poor treatment of a serious subject - crap word salad.

Last edited:
Dull and sycophantic. The only interesting part was that having his house as the Madchester "HQ" made it difficult "family-wise" later on. Well, yeah Johnny - what parent with young kids would want Bez & the Mondays and every drugged-up idiot in 20 miles trailing in and out of the house 24/7? He tries to make it sound cool and creative but it comes across like a truckload of people dossed at his house for free drugs and partying.

And the line "just wanna breathe in the hotspots" is about Black Lives Matter? If that's true, what poor treatment of a serious subject - crap word salad.
I laughed out loud at that bit, about that lyric. So that's what it's about, "if you're listening hard enough"? Good grief.

Johnny re-enacting the Miley/Moz pic, he is Miley - as he wonders - Why didn't Moz let me cuddle him like that? The other guy looks a bit taken aback and horrified.
Johnny-Marr-and-Jon-Savage-3-1020x1536.jpg

I laughed out loud at that bit, about that lyric. So that's what it's about, "if you're listening hard enough"? Good grief.
Exactly. "I know it sounds like meaningless twaddle, but the intelligent few will work out the hidden meanings...". Rubbish.

What's your problem? His headline show at the 6 Music Festival sold out in minutes!

Ignore the clown, he knows that the 6 music festival gig is sold out just like he knows the capacity at Prysm is 2000. He’s the site troll who spends his life on here just trying to wind people up. Every now and again he gets a response but 99.9% of the time his posts are ignored.

In fairness all those BBC 6Music shows sold out in minutes.... I should know - I (unsuccessfully) tried to get tickets for a few of them.
Viagogo prices are a £100 already for this Johnny Marr evening, although Self-Esteem and Wet Leg are some of the 'hottest' acts about right now.
('hottest' as in trendy, not objectifying them at all. Although I probably would 😂)

The worst thing is literally 3 Sundays later he's playing Cardiff again supporting Blondie. Tickets considerably less for that one if you use the ethical ticket sales platform Twickets.

Strange times

Last edited:
In fairness all those BBC 6Music shows sold out in minutes.... I should know - I (unsuccessfully) tried to get tickets for a few of them.
Viagogo prices are a £100 already for this Johnny Marr evening, although Self-Esteem and Wet Leg are some of the 'hottest' acts about right now.
('hottest' as in trendy, not objectifying them at all. Although I probably would 😂)

The worst thing is literally 3 Sundays later he's playing Cardiff again supporting Blondie. Tickets considerably less for that one if you use the ethical ticket sales platform Twickets.

Strange times
Thanks for that info, its enlightening

Strange times

His album gig at Pryzm sold out in mins as well. Maybe he will add a 2nd night as I don't think the Blondie gig at the O2 will happen now.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom