Johnny Marr joins Alicia Keys onstage for "This Charming Man" in Manchester (June 11, 2022)

From AO Arena, Manchester.......did she forget the words or just start in late?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey barely sings any Smiths songs live. If he stopped singing those songs altogether, like he did for several years earlier on in his career, barely anyone would mind because his solo work is strong enough to stand up on its own. The same can't be said for Johnny Marr; he has to play those songs. No one going to JM's gigs is singing along to his solo work. It's fair to say that these days Johnny needs Morrissey's words more than Morrissey needs Marr's music.
That's been fair to say since Nineteen Eighty Hate.

I got about three words in and felt sick. I do like Alicia Keys but these two worlds should not meet.

"They're killing independent George!"

In the 80's I would probably have hit my head against the wall after watching that but I have to say it was actually very cool, I mean, why not? it's good to keep an open mind about things.
Johnny is a star, he can do whatever he likes.
My mind is open and it's still crap.

I still have much respect for him but Johnny Marr knows no end to the guest spot on stage tour that seems to never end with him. Can anyone here imagine Morrissey popping up on stage in other peoples' gigs as much as Marr does? Or even once?

My mind is open and it's still crap.

I still have much respect for him but Johnny Marr knows no end to the guest spot on stage tour that seems to never end with him. Can anyone here imagine Morrissey popping up on stage in other peoples' gigs as much as Marr does?

Or even once?

;)

Oh my, that’s one of the worst covers I’ve ever heard. Strangely I don’t mind Miley’s though! I’m a massive Pearl Jam fan, almost as much as The Smiths, and they crucified There is a Light. I think people covering Moz just can’t get the angst…

Eeeyyy that song is untouchable is from Moz!!!. I think no one can sing it, there are songs that are his and are not played !!!! And it cannot be mistreated!!! care!!!!! Ojoooo:eyes::eyes::eyes: :eyes:!!!!!Peligro mortal!!!

That clip don't dound great for sure, but I don't know if it's any worse than this by Morrissey's new bestie: :sick:

Another untouchable song. Oh God noOoooo!! This woman destroyed the song, it is obviously very evident that she does not sing well, with this theme it is more than clear that the Miley Circus no mmm no:ha-no::fearscream::fearscream::toilet::toilet:

¿En serio? Y Morrissey debería dejar de usar la música de Marr para las canciones de Smiths.
Both are entitled, but each in his work J Marr with his guitar and microphone can only be handled by Morrissey

Don’t worry, more animals will be slaughtered for your next order and to help fill Johnny’s bank account. :thumb:
Little yogui Marr is accumulating a lot of karma by selling suede botitas!!! Que verguenza 1 vegano usa botas de gamuza !!!

Eeeyyy that song is untouchable is from Moz!!!. I think no one can sing it, there are songs that are his and are not played !!!! And it cannot be mistreated!!! care!!!!! Ojoooo:eyes::eyes::eyes: :eyes:!!!!!Peligro mortal!!!
I also think no one can sing Morrissey's songs. But there is one cover in the world that is good as f. Tatu with "How soon is now"
I think they got the idea and did it right. And this hoars voice perfectly fits this song.

Rejected just lashes out at anything to do with Marr, just ignore her like most of the folks on MS do.

Objectivity goes out of the window when you’re one of the blindly devoted, @Surface. What can be done for them, other than turn your back and gag in silence out of mild courtesy? 😉

Agreed, @Lawrence. Some here forget far too easily that the legacy of The Smiths belongs to Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig just as much as it does to Morrissey. Nothing they say changes this, contrary to what they may think.

Agreed, @Lawrence. Some here forget far too easily that the legacy of The Smiths belongs to Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig just as much as it does to Morrissey. Nothing they say changes this, contrary to what they may think.
Did you really just say that the legacy of The Smiths belongs to Craig as much as it does to Morrissey without a hint of irony? You are joking, right? Because, and I can't believe I have to point this out, but no, no it doesn't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom