Johnny Marr joins Alicia Keys onstage for "This Charming Man" in Manchester (June 11, 2022)

From AO Arena, Manchester.......did she forget the words or just start in late?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well… that was disappointing. I’ve still not forgiven her for that James Bond contribution. And now this.

I get people want to be "seen"......but come on, if you don't know the song, don't play it.

Disgusting. This is nothing short of sacrilege.

Really? And Morrissey should stop using Marr's music for Smiths songs.
Moz doesn't need the smiths songs to get a successful tour or a single show. He barely plays smiths songs on his shows. And for years he didn't play any. So, yeah, the small john shouldn't sing moz lyrics if he hates him that much

Morrissey barely sings any Smiths songs live. If he stopped singing those songs altogether, like he did for several years earlier on in his career, barely anyone would mind because his solo work is strong enough to stand up on its own. The same can't be said for Johnny Marr; he has to play those songs. No one going to JM's gigs is singing along to his solo work. It's fair to say that these days Johnny needs Morrissey's words more than Morrissey needs Marr's music.
The harsh truth!

Wha? This is Marr helping The Smiths legacy, no one does it better!
Hahahaha really? Moz kept that legacy alive, he was, not the others. For years.
Since the smiths re-emerge the other 3 just jumped in the boat to get their slice. But we all see how the small john is the lamest one.

Hahahaha really? Moz kept that legacy alive, he was, not the others. For years.
Since the smiths re-emerge the other 3 just jumped in the boat to get their slice. But we all see how the small john is the lamest one.

huh? Marr is king ! I heard you may be able to get a discount on a pair of Johnny Marr Rishi Yogi shoes when you purchase the next vinyl reissue of Meat is Murder.

huh? Marr is king ! I heard you may be able to get a discount on a pair of Johnny Marr Rishi Yogi shoes when you purchase the next vinyl reissue of Meat is Murder.

Sorry, those shoes are mostly sold out unless you have very small or very large feet.

Sorry, those shoes are mostly sold out unless you have very small or very large feet.

Don’t worry, more animals will be slaughtered for your next order and to help fill Johnny’s bank account. :thumb:

it is probably one of the easier songs to sing.judging by the comments above im assuming she made an arse if it.

Johnny Blah should only be allowed to play Money, Draize and Oscillate and see how quickly people run to the bar. It’s Morrissey’s words and melodies people connect to.
Damn straight. And him singing his words is blasphemy.

Atrocious. Marr is really pathetic these days. I'll say it again, no Smiths and you've never heard of him, no Smiths for Moz and he's still a massively successful solo act.

Atrocious. Marr is really pathetic these days. I'll say it again, no Smiths and you've never heard of him, no Smiths for Moz and he's still a massively successful solo act.
Marr was fine, Alicia didn’t know the song. And you’ve got that exactly backwards about Moz and Marr. According to Ian Brown, Marr at 16 was considered the musician most likely to succeed in Manchester.

Moz doesn't need the smiths songs to get a successful tour or a single show. He barely plays smiths songs on his shows. And for years he didn't play any. So, yeah, the small john shouldn't sing moz lyrics if he hates him that much
Yes, this. I have seen Moz when he played only his solo songs and they were great shows, he doesn't need Smiths songs.The Small Marr on the other hand should maybe perform some songs by the best lyricist ever, Isaac Brock, or his own wildly successful solo songs. Why would he even be singing Moz's lyrics when he prefers Isaac's? He has said he can't relate to Moz's lyrics. This thing with Alicia Keys just makes him look extra thirsty, which he is. He was just in NYC where Modest Mouse and The Cribs played a gig together and he was not even asked to play with them. He visited Debbie Harry and Chris Stein, and Andy Rourke, no pics with his buds from the other bands. Sad little man.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom