Johnny Marr joins Alicia Keys onstage for "This Charming Man" in Manchester (June 11, 2022)

From AO Arena, Manchester.......did she forget the words or just start in late?

Last edited by a moderator:
í always did think that was missing from that song was a ~ "LET'S GO!!"...

Really brings the whole song together. Thanks Al. And, of course, JFM...

That clip don't dound great for sure, but I don't know if it's any worse than this by Morrissey's new bestie: :sick:

He really should stop singing Morrissey's words and tell people he will only do his own solo songs with them

Really? And Morrissey should stop using Marr's music for Smiths songs.
Morrissey barely sings any Smiths songs live. If he stopped singing those songs altogether, like he did for several years earlier on in his career, barely anyone would mind because his solo work is strong enough to stand up on its own. The same can't be said for Johnny Marr; he has to play those songs. No one going to JM's gigs is singing along to his solo work. It's fair to say that these days Johnny needs Morrissey's words more than Morrissey needs Marr's music.

Sad how any band from all over the world play Smiths songs better than Morrissey's (even sans Marr)

In the 80's I would probably have hit my head against the wall after watching that but I have to say it was actually very cool, I mean, why not? it's good to keep an open mind about things.
Johnny is a star, he can do whatever he likes.

Johnny Blah should only be allowed to play Money, Draize and Oscillate and see how quickly people run to the bar. It’s Morrissey’s words and melodies people connect to.

Should have played with the killers at the other side of the city, we were crying out for a smiths cover last night

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom