Johnny Marr interview roundup - Smiths and Morrissey mentions

Recent Johnny Marr media with Smiths / Morrissey mentions:

They can't. They're not technically capable of it. That's the problem.

hey, do you think it's normal to still be a virgin at 21? idk all of my friends talk about sex so casually and i've never had it so it feels like something i should've done already.

im sure M is bothered about johnboy not being his friend,people I knew thirty years ago I avoid like the plague.if Morrissey is sticking up for a party that is trying to stop young girls being driven to a house or the back of a car and be repeatedly raped by asian gangs then Im right with him and so should everyone else on this site.
ps.FOR SALE , broken pub quiz machine , £10 , no questions asked.

Last edited:
It’s just so strange to ask someone to comment on the political views of another just because they knew each other well thirty plus years ago. Why would being in a band, however successful, mean you either knew of or cared about their opinion any more than you might in any other career? I had a Saturday job in a greengrocer’s when I was a kid. It would be odd to be asked to comment now on why one of the old dears there had suddenly joined Hezbollah. To me it’s just lazy journalism.

Nobody asks Jagger or Richards or McCartney and Starr about the political beliefs of the other and they are still in contact. Ringo supports Brexit, while one or other or both of those Stones appear very happy to let Donald Trump use their music at his public appearances. Although I don’t follow it closely I’ve yet to hear any journalist ask Roger Daltrey how the hell Townshend got away with his revolting “indiscretions”.

Marr’s ongoing burden can only be because of the fascination the media still have with Morrissey, even in his current relatively diminished state, and frankly, Marr’s inability to move out of Morrissey’s shadow after all these decades.

It’s noticable, by the way, that Guru-Murty has gone from presenting children’s television to presenting Channel 4 News as if there was, in fact, no discernible difference. Oh.

im sure M is bothered about johnboy not being his friend,people I knew thirty years ago I avoid like the plague.if Morrissey is sticking up for a party that is trying to stop young girls being driven to a house or the back of a car and be repeatedly raped by asian gangs then Im right with him and so should everyone else on this site.

The thing is, some people are against child abuse whatever colour the abuser is. That's why the likes of Tommy Robinson don't have wider appeal.

It’s just so strange to ask someone to comment on the political views of another just because they knew each other well thirty plus years ago. Why would being in a band, however successful, mean you either knew of or cared about their opinion any more than you might in any other career? I had a Saturday job in a greengrocer’s when I was a kid. It would be odd to be asked to comment now on why one of the old dears there had suddenly joined Hezbollah. To me it’s just lazy journalism.

Nobody asks Jagger or Richards or McCartney and Starr about the political beliefs of the other and they are still in contact. Ringo supports Brexit, while one or other or both of those Stones appear very happy to let Donald Trump use their music at his public appearances. Although I don’t follow it closely I’ve yet to hear any journalist ask Roger Daltrey how the hell Townshend got away with his revolting “indiscretions”.

Marr’s ongoing burden can only be because of the fascination the media still have with Morrissey, even in his current relatively diminished state, and frankly, Marr’s inability to move out of Morrissey’s shadow after all these decades.

It’s noticable, by the way, that Guru-Murty has gone from presenting children’s television to presenting Channel 4 News as if there was, in fact, no discernible difference. Oh.

I'm sure if Johnny was being a daily twat Morrissey would be asked if he was bothered by his behaviour.

The Smiths were an incredibly political band hence why when one of them decides to join the far right team the other band members get asked how it sits with them.

Jonny is a pussy who would probably let Muslims rape and pillage his whole town.

lets be totally honest, Drama J with his:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and the neck tattoos, and the stupid flower shirt, is a walking and gargling spectacle. No sensible person would want to be seen with him. He is also not
very bright thinking a COMET:drama: is coming to reset the world. WTF is that supposed to mean anyways, a stupid COMET:drama: resetting a world.:crazy:

Its like being friends with some crazy person on the street, Moz has 0 interest.:brows:

I'm sure if Johnny was being a daily twat Morrissey would be asked if he was bothered by his behaviour.

The Smiths were an incredibly political band hence why when one of them decides to join the far right team the other band members get asked how it sits with them.
:rofl:

Moz is angry children and adults are murdered and gets pilloried. JM is proud of the people of Manc and toes acceptable bland party line. Go figure.

The only people who make these kinds of comments are thick people

Moz is now mainly liked by the completely stupid, the kind of people who seem to rate Robbie as an artistic force, when he is just a light entertainer.
But they don't care as he has loads of money and sells tickets When was that the judge of art?
A joke pop star.
Back in the day you would have got laughed out of town for comparing the two It's true robbie 44 now looks a little like moz in his 50s but only in a Stewart Lee way gray hair, round body
As people and pop stars they are also quite different but to the new moz crowd they can't tell the difference in art and radio jingles. Partly this is morrisseys fault he aims to please the thick these days His music isn't that much better than robbies any more more. But mostly it's the new crowd. They have no idea.

Morrissey now doesnt care about anything other than headlines . He is no more than a Katie Hopkins type .
I can understand people from the uk not getting it but if you are from the uk you would have to be thick as a brick shithouse not to see what morrissey is doing and why it's wrong.
Morrissey trolled the Manchester bombing twice what did he actually do ?NOTHING. They guy is past it

The music morrissey.hss been making is piss poor anyone apart from die hards and knuckle draggers can see it Shit, moz has already given up on thr cover art of his last shitty lp. He's already saying it's awful basically. You can see how bored he is at gigs Has been for years now Just passing the time. Has been for years
Now people will say 'morrissey sells out huge gigs, he's touring the world yes because hes a pop star, that's why
The thing is he was more than that at one point, which is why the music was great.
It's much better to be Johnny, happy, intelligent, making lps that are actually good. Shit Johnny even writes better words than marr now

You must be tune death not to hear the brilliance in Marrs lp and how washed out morrissey has been on his last 3

I hadn't thought about it like that, JB, but it's a good point.
It's not really one could say the same about morrissey
I mean his music has never matched the smith's solo He hasnt been credible for years
Johnny remains credible. I'd say Johnny is winning these days He also has a love in his life. He isn't a dry bitter queen

Jonny is a pussy who would probably let Muslims rape and pillage his whole town.
...but you’re fighting the good fight from your mom’s one-room basement apartment there, aren’t you kiddo?

The overwhelming courage of fatherless, unemployable millennials never ceases to amaze. Which of your step-sisters is tugging your pud while you type this garbage?

They used ALL the contrast on that picture. JM looks like a goth OAP lady who likes taking painting classes at the senior center. Also why do I think that man's name is Martin Bashir? I never heard of Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Maybe he changed it so Michael Jackson's fans have to work harder to send him hate mail.

Morrissey and Marr are so different from one another. Marr basically gets a free ride from the media because he has virtually nothing to say. Note the word say, as in commentary on life and all of it's tos and fros. Now if guitars could talk and I guess they do in a way then Marr's strings have scaled the heights of melody, rhythm and everything in between. Marr never offers up his views politically so he doesn't upset anyone. Therefore he's always A OK in everyone's book. Nothing wrong with that. I love Johnny Marr to death but his words and lyrics don't do shit for me.

Morrissey on the other hand is a poet and loves to offer up his opinion whether it upsets people or not. If you want to engage in meaningful discourse you must be willing to upset people and be upset yourself. It must be nice and comfortable sitting on the sidelines keeping the boat steady. I don't agree with everything Morrissey says and does but the fact Morrissey is willing to be on the frontline is admirable.

People will continue to make rabid excuses for a religion that is soaked with intolerance, bigotry, sexism and homophobia but thankfully there will always be others brave enough to challenge that toxic ideology. I'm not just referring to Morrissey. Ayan Hirsi Ali, Maajid Nawaz, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray, Christopher Hitchens(RIP), and the list hopefully goes on......

Religion poisons everything.

Neither does morrissey have anything to say, he has t had anything to say since 1995. His interviews a like taking to a 13 year old, he knows nothing about politics or world affairs and his every statement is designed to get headlines. Basically morrissey is just a boring fag
The only people who think he had anything to say are retarded types who think saying racist stuff is 'just being honest '

The things he said in the 80s were much more shocking - and Smiths fans loved it.
Nowadays so many things are culturally accepted that it's actually quite hard to be outrageous and shocking in the pop world. Yet mention anything to do with race and you will be crucified (Moz, Kanye etc).

Kanye and moz, is all a game they don't mean it the press don't mean it. It's just idiots like you who do.

By the way who your lions don't know the difference between London and Liverpool

Morrissey and Marr are so different from one another. Marr basically gets a free ride from the media because he has virtually nothing to say. Note the word say, as in commentary on life and all of it's tos and fros. Now if guitars could talk and I guess they do in a way then Marr's strings have scaled the heights of melody, rhythm and everything in between. Marr never offers up his views politically so he doesn't upset anyone. Therefore he's always A OK in everyone's book. Nothing wrong with that. I love Johnny Marr to death but his words and lyrics don't do shit for me.

Morrissey on the other hand is a poet and loves to offer up his opinion whether it upsets people or not. If you want to engage in meaningful discourse you must be willing to upset people and be upset yourself. It must be nice and comfortable sitting on the sidelines keeping the boat steady. I don't agree with everything Morrissey says and does but the fact Morrissey is willing to be on the frontline is admirable.

People will continue to make rabid excuses for a religion that is soaked with intolerance, bigotry, sexism and homophobia but thankfully there will always be others brave enough to challenge that toxic ideology. I'm not just referring to Morrissey. Ayan Hirsi Ali, Maajid Nawaz, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray, Christopher Hitchens(RIP), and the list hopefully goes on......

Religion poisons everything.

Oh marr gets a pass yes because he talented, raised a family and is intelligent Morrissey is a broken child being racist for clicks

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom