Johnny Marr interview roundup - Smiths and Morrissey mentions

Recent Johnny Marr media with Smiths / Morrissey mentions:

Pride for being victimized. That's tempting and it implies a certain kind of comfort and self denial. But is it fair for the victims and their families? Isn't indignation, angry and a huge thirst of justice a more natural and human output to the terror? Anyway, a deep search must be done to find the natural, human and sincere behind the wig, the make up and the pre-made commercial ideology of most contemporary pop icons.

Morrissey, thanks for being yourself. You are unique.

Moz is angry children and adults are murdered and gets pilloried. JM is proud of the people of Manc and toes acceptable bland party line. Go figure.

Another Drama Johnny interview where he talks about honoring his fake hair?.o_O

:sleeping:

Crykey m8! I reckon why is John Maher transforming himself in to Professor Severus Snape? I reckon I am so tired of reading these articles about John here on So-Low and John never mentions the time he dropped 20 on Larry Bird at John's backyard basketball court in his real hometown Portland, Oregon inn nn n n nn n it m8.

not so much of a guru

Another nice interview where he focuses on what’s important and - once-again - refrains from bringing the hammer down on the spoiled little brat that has always been Morrissey.

Have an objective listen to the new album. It’s gorgeous. Band is fantastic. Live shows are both intimate and sonically MASSIVE.

In a world where fleeting scrapers will do whatever they can to stay in the media-eye, Johnny Marr’s focus on the music says it all. ...and if you’re stuck too far up the cut-rate, off-strip Vegas lounge singer’s ass to dance with the real heads, that’s fine.

Stay right where you’re at. Right where we can see you. It’s always good to have a handle on the list of the lost.

Call the Comet FTW.

That Angel song has to be the worst Drama J song ever, and that is saying something; very few make so many sucky songs as Drama J.:persevere:
Angel song you win a trophy for sucky Drama J of the year::trophy:

That Angel song has to be the worst Drama J song ever, and that is saying something; very few make so many sucky songs as Drama J.:persevere:
Angel song you win a trophy for sucky Drama J of the year::trophy:
Hey everyone.... Vegan.D.Bag#153,009’s mom is letting him use the computer for an hour! She grounded him from said use as a result of all the Sprite bottles, filled with piss, around his INCEL shrine in the basement. ...but she wants her baby to have a voice, so ^ is what we’re dealing with.

Carry on!

Johnny says that whatever Moz says doesn't reflect on the Smiths.

Well sorry Johhny, as Moz was always the mouthpiece of the Smiths, yes it does.

But not in a bad way. It just adds to the list of so-called 'controversial' and 'oh-so-shocking' statements that Morrissey has uttered since day one.

He's always been a rebel has Moz.

But if this means the Smiths will now definitely never get back together, that's only a good thing. Reunions are rarely very special. The Smiths were so magic that a reunion would without doubt be a big anti-climax.

Last edited:
Johnny says that whatever Moz says doesn't reflect on the Smiths.

Well sorry Johhny, as Moz was always the mouthpiece of the Smiths, yes it does.

But not in a bad way. It just adds to the list of so-called 'controversial' and 'oh-so-shocking' statements that Morrissey has uttered since since day one.

He's always been a rebel has Moz.

But if this means the Smiths will now definitely never get back together, that's only a good thing. Reunions are rarely very special. The Smiths were so magic that a reunion would without doubt be a big anti-climax.

Being a mouthpiece when you are young about things that young people think it's cool to support is one thing, being a mouthpiece when your old and those young people have grown up and are worldly wise is another - hence 3 weeks to his UK tour and not a single date sold out.

during the song new dominions it certainly sounds like johnny sings "i'm sorry morrissey".

I'd love to see Johnny be a dick just for once. In my wildest dreams, he would make a concert shirt featuring the Salford Lad's photo with Morrissey blacked out a'la Bowie's Next Day, and replace the text with JOHNNY AND THE MARRS.

Being a mouthpiece when you are young about things that young people think it's cool to support is one thing, being a mouthpiece when your old and those young people have grown up and are worldly wise is another - hence 3 weeks to his UK tour and not a single date sold out.
Morrissey isn't old. Not in any meaningful sense anyway. In fact he's always struck me as an eternal teenager.

It's (some of) the fans who have become jaded, boring and conservative.

Morrissey isn't old. Not in any meaningful sense anyway. In fact he's always struck me as an eternal teenager.

It's (some of) the fans who have become jaded, boring and conservative.

Don't agree, I think he's lost touch with his once very loyal audience. Up until late 2016 I was a staunch supporter of Morrissey (look at my history on this site), I was lucky enough to have seen The Smiths 3 times and Morrissey probably 30 times. I don't like what he spouts nowadays and in February this year I saw him at the NEC and while his vocal delivery of his songs was excellent, the atmosphere at the gig was nothing like have seen in the past. I thought to myself, well thats it, however my 14 year old has been nattering me about the Smiths and she loves some of his older stuff, so I'm taking her to Castlefield. I really hope it goes ahead and its a triumphant homecoming but whereas in the past (for example Lancashire Cricket Ground) I'm really not sure. My 14 year old won't give a crap, she will just be happy to see a couple of Smiths songs and some of the solo stuff she likes.

Last edited:
Don't agree, I think he's lost touch with his once very loyal audience. Up until late 2016 I was a staunch supporter of Morrissey (look at my history on this site), I was lucky enough to have seen The Smiths 3 times and Morrissey probably 30 times. I don't like what he spouts nowadays and in February this year I saw him at the NEC and while his vocal delivery of his songs was excellent, the atmosphere at the gig was nothing like have seen in the past. I thought to myself, well thats it, however my 14 year old has been nattering me about the Smiths and she loves some of his older stuff, so I'm taking her to Castlefield. I really hope it goes ahead and its a triumphant homecoming but whereas in the past (for example Lancashire Cricket Ground) I'm really not sure. My 14 year old won't give a crap, she will just be happy to see a couple of Smiths songs and some of the solo stuff she likes.
I think what's happened here, and no offence, is that you've turned into your own dad i.e. you've become 'old' and jaded. It happens, and in way, it is perfectly natural.

I honestly believe you need to be truthful to yourself about this.

Moz has always issued controversial statements e.g. Why, at the time, were you perfectly happy with the lyrics of 'Bengali in Platforms' and the many other statements he has issued on race from virtually year dot?

Nothing has changed - only you have.

Age can make people less tolerant, more grumpy about things in the world around them. It's a fact.

To deny this illustrates my point even more.

I think what's happened here, and no offence, is that you've turned into your own dad i.e. you've become 'old' and jaded. It happens, and in way, it is perfectly natural.

I honestly believe you need to be truthful to yourself about this.

Moz has always issued controversial statements e.g. Why, at the time, were you perfectly happy with the lyrics of 'Bengali in Platforms' and the many other statements he has issued on race from virtually year dot?

Nothing has changed - only you have.

Age can make people less tolerant, more grumpy about things in the world around them. It's a fact.

To deny this illustrates my point even more.

I don't think so, I go to loads of gigs every year, this year alone i've seen Morrissey Buzzcocks, Sleeper, Echo and the Bunnymen and have tickets for Morrissey, Sleeper and Cast later in the year. The big difference is, those bands let their music do the talking rather than their gobs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom