Johnny Marr interview - family, Ireland

Johnny!
Your paternal grandma! My (hooman) maternal great-grandma! They have something in common!!!:love:

No, not the drink.

He and his brother changed their name from Maher to Marr because no one could pronounce Maher ? Maher is pronounced the same as Marr.
Wasn't it because of John Maher of the Buzzcocks ? Well that's what he said back then.
No they are not pronuced the same at all, its produced M ah r

I’m sure that’s what Bizzaro was getting at. That made Marr think he may also be able to do it. I mentioned he sighted Lou, and wouldn’t be surprised if Liam was another one.

But I agree Bernard didn’t want to sing. And his ‘style’ does fit the New Order stuff, especially when they went more electronic.
Liam’s got an excellent voice for the kind of music he makes. No dissing Liam on my watch!

Probably, I think the fact he couldn't sing well added to their charm at the time, back then you never knew what you were going to get and it was far more enjoyable than the polished perfomances they deliver today.

Speaking of New Order jus been speaking with Hooky this morning about catching bloody Covid at the Bunnymen gig last Friday, after he pointed out that I looked like shit!!
Feel better!

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom