Johnny Marr interview at askmeaskmeaskme (3 parts); to join Bryan Ferry in concert and on new album

What a great interview - really enjoyed reading that. Nice to hear Johnny talk about his family, and be candid about drugs and the less savoury aspects of his youth. I'd wondered for quite a while why he never seems to mention "Electronic" anymore, despite all the years he was in the band, and from the interview it seems he now thinks of that project as a misfire, along with the original Healers formation. "People may look back at photos or videos or some of the music I was making and wonder where I was going with that. I just didn’t want to live an obvious life and make obvious music.". He seems to have quite an ambivalent attitude towards fame.

Read that Johnny did a jam with Nile Rogers and Chic ... funky as funk can be.

Glad to read Johnny is busy and isn't limited to just one sorta musicsound

Morrissey will get a twitter that this is a newsitem on Morrissey-solo

how could you David:lbf:

Moz probably frowned on Johnny for accepting that NME Award this year too - but so what? Johnny stopped letting Morrissey's opinions interfere with his life decades ago, and in this case I don't think Moz has a leg to stand on - being that Johnny is actually vegan, and Moz is not and never was.

Didn't Moz make some remark recently about having ditched eggs from his diet ? I guess maybe that's a clue about veganism ...?

Didn't Moz make some remark recently about having ditched eggs from his diet ? I guess maybe that's a clue about veganism ...?

Yeah, but somehow I can't imagine him going the whole way and giving up his love of real cheese, Kerrygold butter and ice-cream. Who knows though? Johnny Marr went vegan pretty much on a whim - Moz may well be able to do the same eventually.

Just finished reading the third part of the interview. It really is just fantastic. I liked Marr's straightforwardness (sorry Moz!) and the easy , detailed, answers to the questions ( which were themselves happily non-Smiths obsessive).

Especially where he talks about hearing fans tales of what such-and-such a song means to them and the pleasure he takes in having those moments. Oh , and the revelation of his time acting as tour seamstress ( ...should that be seamster ?).

I'm actually now in the mood to dig out some of my post-Smiths Johnny albums and have another listen.

I'm not convinced there is a need to link and I'm not going to agree with you Davidt (But that's cool) - This is a story about Johnny Marr. There's no need to connect it with the previous story about Morrissey changing his mind about what music he likes and as I've said it comes across as bitchy.

I'm not convinced there is a need to link and I'm not going to agree with you Davidt (But that's cool) - This is a story about Johnny Marr. There's no need to connect it with the previous story about Morrissey changing his mind about what music he likes and as I've said it comes across as bitchy.

It's also a story about Bryan Ferry, that's the relevance. Perhaps it doesn't need to be mentioned, it's just an additional related link if someone may be interested. I suppose it appears 'negative' but that's not why I linked it. If Morrissey had said something positive about Ferry I would have linked it also. If it was reported Marr was working with Young The Giant for example, I would have added the related link to the story about Morrissey praising them.

Last edited:
The older Johnny Marr gets the more he talks. The more he talks the more I like him. I never really find famous people interesting enough to want to meet them because I'm not trying to get an autograph or tell them how awesome they are but he just seems so normal but with a lot of interesting things to say.

I wonder if Bryan Ferry will make Johnny dress up in drag?

as being again the meatindustry, Morrissey picks on Brian Ferry,
while his longest bandmemeber in his solo years, Boz is
a meat eater

If I remember only Alain was not eating meat

so I find this namecalling a bit silly, Morrissey.

but I'm mentall , so scroll further

[Hi KrisTeen]

as being again the meatindustry, Morrissey picks on Brian Ferry,
while his longest bandmemeber in his solo years, Boz is
a meat eater

If I remember only Alain was not eating meat

so I find this namecalling a bit silly, Morrissey.

but I'm mentall , so scroll further

[Hi KrisTeen]

Actually, he was on about Ferry because he likes to hunt the most evil, disease-ridden, crack ingesting four-legged creatures known to man - the fox. They're vicious, the scourge of the bin man...his nemesis, if you like.

Actually, he was on about Ferry because he likes to hunt the most evil, disease-ridden, crack ingesting four-legged creatures known to man - the fox. They're vicious, the scourge of the bin man...his nemesis, if you like.

how many boys go fishing with their fathers, aroung their town/village or city river, or ponds

I find it a bit it a bit odd liking Roxy Music, and stop liking them because the singer is hunter

Does that make the music less likable

I understand Morrissey's on this issue, but don't agree

for me it's about the music, lyrics, who cares if a guitarist like to dress as a woman,
he produced, written great songs, but never would dislike Morrissey's music becuase
I find it not OK thata man is dressed as a woman.

well, I'm mentall, and don't care what others think of it:lbf:

I find it a bit it a bit odd liking Roxy Music, and stop liking them because the singer is hunter

Many people think that Bryan Ferry hunts, but actually he doesn't. Morrissey got that one wrong or was misinformed. whichever it was i don't know. But it is Ferry's son who hunts, not BF himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom