Johnny Marr / Instagram: "Back in the same spot 38 years later. Camden Electric Ballroom. 21st May 1983."

Not a usual post from Marr:

johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_2_2669312718760690924.jpg
johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_1_2669312718744042773.jpg

FWD.

:)
correct Alain can play the correct chords in tune:hammer:

Where is the big shoulder lil' Johnny can lean on? Don't tell me, he is counting the merch money in LA, smoking a big cigar. Remember the time!

Last edited:
I always wonder if one more Smiths album would have been fantastic or dreadful. They left at their peak, or did they?

This warmed my heart. A welcome change from his usual snarking. Come on Moz, take the bait. 😍

Last edited:
I always wonder if one more Smiths album would have been fantastic or dreadful. They left at their peak, or did they?
Strangeways was the peak, I'd say. It's educated guesswork, but Marr would surely have brought in new sounds - more electro/industrial/dance. For me Moz is at his best when livelier and more commercial, so a Smiths album circa 1989 based on Marr's electronic/Electronic direction is a tantalising notion.

Nah, The Smiths were a 4 piece band, check it out on Wikipedia.
I'd say The Smiths were..
Two prolific songwriters of exceptional and staggering talent, including a truly original and iconic frontman.
A particularly talented bassist.
A good, powerful drummer.

It's a good question. While Strangeways is very good, I don't think it's their best album and I think they could have bettered it. Due to all the tension and fatigue, I think after Strangeways they would have needed a 1-2 year break before doing another album. Although they probably would have done a huge Strangeways tour... so maybe some rest and a break could've come after that?

Last edited:
Taking a 5 minute break from an INSANE day to say that Johnny Marr should NOT sing and that Morrissey and Marr should DEFINITELY get back together for a limited run. People need this. We do.

Nah, The Smiths were a 4 piece band, check it out on Wikipedia.
You could count six. I do.

I’m poised outside the Ritz. Excited. One ticket is from a seller site; I’m promised it awaits inside.

Taking a 5 minute break from an INSANE day to say that Johnny Marr should NOT sing and that Morrissey and Marr should DEFINITELY get back together for a limited run. People need this. We do.

My bank account definitely needs Rick & Blossoms. What a great ticket price!

He has in the past, and Moz has given him the cold shoulder. Why should he bother again? As he said before: "You can only try and be friendly with someone for so long without getting anything back. .." https://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/johnny_marr_i_dont_talk_to_morrissey/
I don't know the real reason why Moz was giving the cold shoulder - but I sometimes think it wouldn't take Johnny too long to work out a few 'clues', if he thought about it.

The sly, wink-nudge snarking he does (Nigel Farage on guitar, the 'I Told You I Was Right' tour fgs), over-praising other collaborators absurdly at Moz' expense, thanking Moz last when he wins awards, his son's stupid Instagram comments... it's not exactly stinging criticism but it's the kind of stuff that Morrissey notices and is wounded by (as shown in Autobio).

I think it would go a hell of a long way to healing things if JM apologised for some of the daft 'digs' he's made, stopped exalting his session work as though it was his true mission in life and visibly, LOUDLY shut down fans and critics who slam Morrissey for 'ruining' his legacy. I think M just wants to see that Johnny genuinely cares and has his back, and the 'estrangement' would be over - who knows, it worked for Alain!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom