Johnny Marr hairstyle

Ah, but EN, surely any perceived loss of vitality is nothing when compared with the embarrassing public spectacle of your hair not matching your face? Glad to hear you've got youthful follicles, though :thumb:

Very true, but in the words of one of my favorite authors Sean-Paul Thomas (not really, as I am illiterate):

"Better to have dyed and failed than to have never dyed at all." Truer words were never written. Or I am just off my rocker, or neither of these or both. Not sure really I think the dye I put on my head needs to come off! Feeling light headed, but at least my hair is dark.

4bc.gif

Very true, but in the words of one of my favorite authors Sean-Paul Thomas (not really, as I am illiterate)

I have to ask - because I'm nosy - why the profile image? I watched the mini-series long ago and thought it was very good.

I have to ask - because I'm nosy - why the profile image? I watched the mini-series long ago and thought it was very good.

Fair question. I used to have a picture of an old man lying down on steps I believe somewhere in Europe. I thought it would fun to change my avatar to Jesus for Christmas to see if I could develop and explore a "messiah complex", but in a healthy way of course. ;)

Turns out I lost my previous picture and to be honest I am too lazy to download another one. I was raised Catholic, but now view myself as Agnostic. I am the type of Jesus that cares about others and their well being without a concern regarding their belief in me. Seems to be working well.

Seriously though, it is all just a bit of fun, and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Of course, the real question everyone is dying (get it...dying) to know is if this is my real hair color, and of course it is for I cannot tell a lie. Oh wait that is George Washington, maybe I will be him next!

Fair question. I used to have a picture of an old man lying down on steps I believe somewhere in Europe. I thought it would fun to change my avatar to Jesus for Christmas to see if I could develop and explore a "messiah complex", but in a healthy way of course. ;)

Turns out I lost my previous picture and to be honest I am too lazy to download another one. I was raised Catholic, but now view myself as Agnostic. I am the type of Jesus that cares about others and their well being without a concern regarding their belief in me. Seems to be working well.

Seriously though, it is all just a bit of fun, and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Of course, the real question everyone is dying (get it...dying) to know is if this is my real hair color, and of course it is for I cannot tell a lie. Oh wait that is George Washington, maybe I will be him next!

I was wondering if you had any beliefs, in the religious sense. I try, struggle and seek. Agnosticism is sensible.

Not sure over there, but many hair salons here choose to use turns on the "dye" theme in their names. Curl Up and Dye as just one example of this. Possibly they could play some of these songs whilst plying their trade:

1. I just dyed in your arms tonight
2. Live and let dye
3. I'm going to live until I dye
4. Never say dye

You get the picture.

When will you dye?

I was wondering if you had any beliefs, in the religious sense. I try, struggle and seek. Agnosticism is sensible.

Why believe in any one God when we really have no idea what lies for us in the great beyond. Not to suggest that one shouldn't try, struggle and seek to find something that brings comfort to their lives like spiritual blankets to warm your soul.

The only thing I do know for sure is that when I close my eyes for the final time I plan to have an open heart and an open mind as to what might be found. Sure there is a chance that we become simply worm food, but that is too depressing to consider and if that is what is to be then so be it.

There can also be comfort found in letting go and turning yourself over to the universe. I was just mentioning this to my mother to try and calm her down after her recent move into a senior care facility. Change is often times stressful, and the change from this mortal coil will be the biggest of all. And so in the words of one of my mother's favorite actresses, Doris Day, I find these words to most capture my feeling on the subject, "Que Sera Sera...whatever will be will be." Words to die by.

I thought it was the guy from Kasabian. :)

One of my favorite bands and oh yeah I wore this t-shirt although no one knew who the hell they were:

84805.png

I assume you wore that T-shirt 4 times!!!! :)
I like their albums (I have them all), but without any kind of fascination... They are O.K.
Saw them live 2 times and both times it was truly boring (even if they were playing, it sounded as if it was simply a playback without any kind of enthusiasm).

The thing I liked the most was that one of the times I saw them live they invited a bunny disguised woman to dance on the stage for some 2 or 3 songs... Her dance didn't seem to make any kind of sense.

On the next day I talked to a friend who was close to the person who had hired them to play and he told me the story behind that somehow weird dance. It seems that the person who had hired them had also hired a prostitute as to please the band, but none of them agreed with such thing, so she got sad because she was going to lose her money... so Ian found a quick solution and asked her if she would be OK with dancing on the stage instead of doing what she was supposed to do. She happily agreed. I liked their "elegant solution" to a moral dilemma... somehow similar to what you did in John 8:3-11

I assume you wore that T-shirt 4 times!!!! :)
I like their albums (I have them all), but without any kind of fascination... They are O.K.
Saw them live 2 times and both times it was truly boring (even if they were playing, it sounded as if it was simply a playback without any kind of enthusiasm).

The thing I liked the most was that one of the times I saw them live they invited a bunny disguised woman to dance on the stage for some 2 or 3 songs... Her dance didn't seem to make any kind of sense.

On the next day I talked to a friend who was close to the person who had hired them to play and he told me the story behind that somehow weird dance. It seems that the person who had hired them had also hired a prostitute as to please the band, but none of them agreed with such thing, so she got sad because she was going to lose her money... so Ian found a quick solution and asked her if she would be OK with dancing on the stage instead of doing what she was supposed to do. She happily agreed. I liked their "elegant solution" to a moral dilemma... somehow similar to what you did in John 8:3-11

OMG literally! My computer froze up last night each time I tried to post this so I thought it didn't upload. A little overkill for sure.

I saw them in Vegas with the Psychedelic Furs and the lead singer smoked like a chimney. I thought they sounded great and actually preferred that they kept the sound identical to how I remembered it.

Always enjoy a nice prostitute story! :)

Hell, I'd wear that shirt NOW.

Thanks for the jokes - I've been, erm, dying with laughter.

Glad you are back Jamie. It's been a while. You wouldn't believe how many souls are in need of saving these days. As the young kids say, I've got 99 problems but gray hair isn't one of them! :D

Back
Top Bottom