Johnny Marr hairstyle

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place for this but, does anyone know how this Johnny Marr hairstyle could be achieved?
JohnnyMarr.jpg

Thanks.

Grab a handful on top, pull upward, hit it with a little freezing spray, sleep on it, and when you wake up you should be good to go.

Naturally thick hair, a big bottle of black dye, a can of hairspray... and backcomb your beehive to death.

laugh at johnny's hair all you want, I've seen scores of lesbians pull it off flawlessly

It’s got a lot of length of n the side. Reminds me of a earlyish Beatles cut with an eighties style. I’d grow my hair long and then go to the stylist and google a pic for the cuts proportion and then buy a cheap tube of got2be glue and pull-up the middle with your hand (not a comb). Use a comb with a bit of he gel for the bangs part

Definitely grow it long first. The fringe is long, sprayed/combed into a beehive. Hard to describe!
hair 2.jpg

That's a different style to the Keith Richards pictured in the OP. I loved Johnny's girl group hair, but that came a bit later. View attachment 43690

Ohh, I see. To me it doesn't look much different. I think his modern hair cut isn't far from the OP, apart from being shorter, actually.
modern.jpg

Ohh, I see. To me it doesn't look much different. I think his modern hair cut isn't far from the OP, apart from being shorter, actually.
View attachment 43691
The Beehive, you'd backcomb the whole lot of it straight up, create a sideways part, and gently comb it backward so as to not lose the volume, but to round it off. Then a good spray, smooth down any flyaways, and straighten the bangs out. He called it a beehive, but it's more a bouffant, really. Either way, it was great, given that I wish I could hear half of the Smiths catalog performed by a quartet of black girls in the early 60s.

I have so many cowlicks that I have to spend 10 minutes in the mirror every morning to ensure I don't have hair that looks like that before I go to work. Should have been a rock star and then I would be able to roll out of bed and be good to go. I too think he looks great in Amy's picture.

It is interesting how a woman dying her hair is perfectly acceptable, but a man does it and oh my! I think if it is not forced or over the top it can add to one's appearance. He has a handsome face and so why shouldn't he take advantage of some professional hair styling assistance. There is something a little depressing about watching grey haired guys rocking out. I am afflicted with GHS (grey hair syndrome) and I often consider dying my hair to look a little younger. Forget growing a beard though because then I would look like Santa Claus :)

It is interesting how a woman dying her hair is perfectly acceptable, but a man does it and oh my! I think if it is not forced or over the top it can add to one's appearance. He has a handsome face and so why shouldn't he take advantage of some professional hair styling assistance. There is something a little depressing about watching grey haired guys rocking out. I am afflicted with GHS (grey hair syndrome) and I often consider dying my hair to look a little younger. Forget growing a beard though because then I would look like Santa Claus :)

Women don't usually use shoe polish to dye their hair, though.

Back
Top Bottom