Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams Pts 1-4 discussion/reviews

I just came back from the manchester show and the crowd only came alive during the smiths songs. Sad because I've grown to like some of his other work.

Like how he came on to No time to die, thought it was a good set list, Sprit Power and Soul was ace, although those opening sequencer parts are very similar to Touched by the hand of god by New Order. Overall didn't enjoy it as much as I do at his own gigs. First time I've been to the MEN when it's been a seated event, wasn't keen on that as it stifles the vibe. Blondie were far better than when I saw them at Vfest in 2014.

Looking forward to Hooky tonight in Macclesfield.

Last edited:
Like how he came on to No time to die, thought it was good set list but didn't enjoy it as much as I do at his own gigs. First time I've been to the MEN when it's been a seated event, wasn't keen on that as it stifles the vibe. Blondie were far better than when I saw them at Vfest in 2014.

Looking forward to Hooky tonight in Macclesfield.
I’m just pleased your having a great weekend Surface 😃😃
I’m stuck in work 😞

I’m just pleased your having a great weekend Surface 😃😃
I’m stuck in work 😞

Been great Baz, Buzzcocks were good, Sleeper were absolutely fantastic at the Albert Hall.

Going to have to have a few days off the beer after tonight though!!

Been great Baz, Buzzcocks were good, Sleeper were absolutely fantastic at the Albert Hall.

Got some stamina you Surface . Still
Nice to let your hair down every now and again.

I just came back from the manchester show and the crowd only came alive during the smiths songs. Sad because I've grown to like some of his other work.

🤿

had it not been for this timely post, the truth would be underwater🤒
the aly and ory suspects would be posting that peeps were out there doing
cartwheels🤸‍♀️ to the pepe katastrofa. now they have to tone it down and
find another line of talk.😡
:hammer:

Nice review of Blondie/Johnny at Leeds First Direct Arena.

Marr and his four-piece band deliver a storming opening set that includes Spirit, Power and Soul and Walk Into the Sea, choice cuts from his latest psychedelia-infused album Fever Dreams Pts 1-4, alongside copper-bottomed classics from his previous bands The Smiths and Electronic.
“Has anyone got any requests?” he asks before launching into This Charming Man; Electronic’s Getting Away With It he describes as “a disco song from Manchester”. The plaintive Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want pulls at the heartstrings while How Soon Soon Is Now fills the arena with its juggernaut riff. With his catchiest solo song Easy Money and a joyful extended version of There Is A Light thrown in for good measure, this is a guest slot that fully deserves its standing ovation.

Nice review of Blondie/Johnny at Leeds First Direct Arena.

Marr and his four-piece band deliver a storming opening set that includes Spirit, Power and Soul and Walk Into the Sea, choice cuts from his latest psychedelia-infused album Fever Dreams Pts 1-4, alongside copper-bottomed classics from his previous bands The Smiths and Electronic.
“Has anyone got any requests?” he asks before launching into This Charming Man; Electronic’s Getting Away With It he describes as “a disco song from Manchester”. The plaintive Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want pulls at the heartstrings while How Soon Soon Is Now fills the arena with its juggernaut riff. With his catchiest solo song Easy Money and a joyful extended version of There Is A Light thrown in for good measure, this is a guest slot that fully deserves its standing ovation.
Gigs in Leeds are only second worst to Darlington. The last Morrissey gig in Leeds was horrendous, and it had nothing to do with what was going on on stage.

Gigs in Leeds are only second worst to Darlington. The last Morrissey gig in Leeds was horrendous, and it had nothing to do with what was going on on stage.

Yes I've been to a few gigs in Leeds where there has been trouble for some reason.

:bowing:

NO INVITATION FROM BLONDIE???
maybe she is disgusted about the 🐻 shoes
and bad reviews🐻‍❄️

Glen and Clem finally took a pic with him because it was the last night :lbf:
:guardsman: looked like a wrinkly child in a wig

😳

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was NOT INVITED TO PLAY WITH BLONDIE AT ALL‼️⁉️
IGNORED BY
BLONDIE‼️

how is this possible? the sucyiest :guitar: player EVER not invited to play at all DURING THE WHOLE TOUR⁉️

how about the spammers who said that every show they would beg him onstage to play the out of tune wrong chords⁉️ DID PEEPS STAY AWAY IN DROVES FROM BUYING THE TIX AS TO NOT WATCH THE DEBACLE⁉️

:)
Blondie show but the Pepe, as always, tries to syphon for himself.(n)
Peeps relieved he is finally getting off the stage for Blondie:lbf:
if left unchecked Pepe would claim to have invented wind chimes:)

Spirit Power and Soul is now in it's 16th week (number 18) on the physical charts. Nice to see Buzzcocks in there with their fist single since Pete passed away.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom