Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams Pts 1-4 discussion/reviews

Johnny Marr – Fever Dreams Pts 1 – 4 (2022) download

In the wake of his time leading The Healers, Marr’s solo career has given rise to three UK Top Ten albums – ‘The Messenger’ (2013), ‘Playland’ (2014) and 2018’s ‘Call the Comet’. He now returns in 2022 with his most expansive work to date, ‘Fever Dreams Pts. 1-4’. It was created during the long, uncertain period that followed the arrival of the UK’s first lockdown, when his focus was pushed into both his interior life, and evoking the emotional states of others. ‘It’s an inspired record, and I couldn’t wait to get in and record every day’, he says, but I had to go inwards’. The new album reflects his multi-faceted past, but takes his music somewhere startlingly new. ‘There’s a set of influences and a very broad sound that I’ve been developing – really since getting out of The Smiths’, he says. ‘And I hear it in this record. There are so many strands of music in it. I think it’s the most ambitious solo record I’ve done’.

320: https://filecrypt.co/Container/90D91FC05C.html

flac: https://filecrypt.co/Container/D5FB769982.html

Tracklist:

1. Spirit Power and Soul (4:39)
2. Receiver (5:18)
3. All These Days (4:55)
4. Ariel (4:52)
5. Lightning People (4:39)
6. Hideaway Girl (3:25)
7. Sensory Street (5:18)
8. Tenement Time (4:19)
9. The Speed of Love (5:44)
10. Night and Day (4:55)
11. Counter Clock World (4:07)
12. Rubicon (4:15)
13. God’s Gift (4:06)
14. Ghoster (4:10)
15. The Whirl (3:44)
16. Human (4:23)

Johnny Marr – Fever Dreams Pts 1 – 4 (2022) download

In the wake of his time leading The Healers, Marr’s solo career has given rise to three UK Top Ten albums – ‘The Messenger’ (2013), ‘Playland’ (2014) and 2018’s ‘Call the Comet’. He now returns in 2022 with his most expansive work to date, ‘Fever Dreams Pts. 1-4’. It was created during the long, uncertain period that followed the arrival of the UK’s first lockdown, when his focus was pushed into both his interior life, and evoking the emotional states of others. ‘It’s an inspired record, and I couldn’t wait to get in and record every day’, he says, but I had to go inwards’. The new album reflects his multi-faceted past, but takes his music somewhere startlingly new. ‘There’s a set of influences and a very broad sound that I’ve been developing – really since getting out of The Smiths’, he says. ‘And I hear it in this record. There are so many strands of music in it. I think it’s the most ambitious solo record I’ve done’.

320: https://filecrypt.co/Container/90D91FC05C.html

flac: https://filecrypt.co/Container/D5FB769982.html

Tracklist:

1. Spirit Power and Soul (4:39)
2. Receiver (5:18)
3. All These Days (4:55)
4. Ariel (4:52)
5. Lightning People (4:39)
6. Hideaway Girl (3:25)
7. Sensory Street (5:18)
8. Tenement Time (4:19)
9. The Speed of Love (5:44)
10. Night and Day (4:55)
11. Counter Clock World (4:07)
12. Rubicon (4:15)
13. God’s Gift (4:06)
14. Ghoster (4:10)
15. The Whirl (3:44)
16. Human (4:23)
also at

Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams Pts 1-4, Record Collector 5-star review

What utter rubbish inside that review.

“broad, forthright lyrics, which aim for the kind of “there is a light” thinking”

Really?

4/5 from NME

400 words on Johnny's previous bands and fall outs with Moz.
50 words on his new stuff .....

This is why I rarely read reviews...
It’s never the new stuff they talk
About, its all their earlier stuff
That everyone knows about.

0/10 for that review, shocking .

‘It’s an inspired record, and I couldn’t wait to get in and record every day’, he says, but I had to go inwards’. The new album reflects his multi-faceted past, but takes his music somewhere startlingly new. ‘There’s a set of influences and a very broad sound that I’ve been developing – really since getting out of The Smiths’, he says. ‘And I hear it in this record. There are so many strands of music in it. I think it’s the most ambitious solo record I’ve done’.

yes a regular masterpiece of suco proportionso_O

"broad forthright lyrics"
:lbf::lbf:

"which aim at there is a light thinking":lbf::lbf:

up down
down!!
up!!
DOWN!

:laughing:

yes startlingly new:crazy:

the best bit: "broad sound ive been developing since the Smiths"🐔
a clucking sound🐔

:hammer:

Listening to this now, it is phenomenal! Absolutely stunning achievement by Johnny and band.

Utter shyte

Easily his best to date. Haters are going to hate but there no denying there are some really great songs on here.

Have you listened to it? You really think there's no good songs on this album?
I’ve listened to the EPs and now the album in full. I want to like it, I adore what Johnny has done in the last but I just can’t warm to his solo material. It must be me but I just don’t see it like these reviewers calling it a 4 out of 5 album. It’s a 2 from me.

There are some good songs on there but most of it is utter drivel. Spirit is a good track but then it follows up with a set if songs that make zero impact on me. I like sensory street, night and day and counter clock world but the rest are tedious. AND if you are going to record a spoken word song then at least have something to say.

I’ve listened to the EPs and now the album in full. I want to like it, I adore what Johnny has done in the last but I just can’t warm to his solo material. It must be me but I just don’t see it like these reviewers calling it a 4 out of 5 album. It’s a 2 from me.

There are some good songs on there but most of it is utter drivel. Spirit is a good track but then it follows up with a set if songs that make zero impact on me. I like sensory street, night and day and counter clock world but the rest are tedious. AND if you are going to record a spoken word song then at least have something to say.

You didn't like the spoken word song? It's about a guy on the verge of ending it all and then that beautiful music comes in at the end. You don't know if he's done it and gone to heaven or he's fallen into a dream. I think it's amazing. That music doesn't move you?

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom