Johnny Marr collaborates on artwork created from the audio recording of "How Soon Is Now?" (Signed Prints)

The original signed prints are selling for over 2 grand!!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of his solo stuff and can't compare to you know who, but this is quite cool and for a worthy cause.

Anyone being snide about this, well, says more about them.

Yeah, and this limited edition print series could be entitled “The Smiths meant less to me than scribbling on my own shoe” as he recently oh-so-charmingly announced :rolleyes:

Very cool, but also very silly money. However, it is for an excellent cause, so good luck to all involved.

They need to do a sound wave art print of this version
of How Soon Is Now.

Nah, Morrissey versions of Smiths songs aren't that good, mostly down to his band. Even Rick Astley and Blossoms performed Smiths songs far better than Morrissey's band could ever dream of.

Not saying this in a pro or anti Johnny Marr way but I think it's a good deal. the one around $300 anyway .
I mean it's original and limited edition
Seems better than buying a M signed version of a greatest hits record for
$225. That's my fecking take .

Not saying this in a pro or anti Johnny Marr way but I think it's a good deal. the one around $300 anyway .
I mean it's original and limited edition
Seems better than buying a M signed version of a greatest hits record for
$225. That's my fecking take .

Or a signed copy of the Queen Is Dead, but it's probably the only way he can make some cash from The Smiths.

Nah, Morrissey versions of Smiths songs aren't that good, mostly down to his band. Even Rick Astley and Blossoms performed Smiths songs far better than Morrissey's band could ever dream of.

Sounds like a deal.
Ya get to listen to Rick A and the Blossoms
And Wild T'll listen to Moz.
(y)

Sounds like a deal.
Ya get to listen to Rick A and the Blossoms
And Wild T'll listen to Moz.
(y)
Joking aside, if Blossoms and Rick Astley ever do the Smiths gigs again, I'd recommend going. Honestly, while it's nice to hear Morrissey sing Smiths songs, by golly Blossoms are an ultra tight band, and they had every single song down to a tee. Morrissey's band could do well to learn a thing or two from them, especially Jesse with his ham fisted guitar playing.

Whatever he does its to put himself front a centre. 100% opportunism.
And putting himself front and centre will in this case will generate a small fortune for children who have the terrible experience of living in places where armed conflicts are active. This is a very good thing, and good on Johnny for helping with this.

If you have a problem with him raising money for this cause, then it says much more about you than it does Marr.

And putting himself front and centre will in this case will generate a small fortune for children who have the terrible experience of living in places where armed conflicts are active. This is a very good thing, and good on Johnny for helping with this.

If you have a problem with him raising money for this cause, then it says much more about you than it does Marr.
You just cant win, can you?

You just cant win, can you?

Yeah, it's bizarre. Like, so what if he's front and centre? The whole point is that he is front and centre: it's his autograph that will help sell these prints for more money than otherwise, and it's what makes them special. Without that signature they would just be any other print.

Yeah, it's bizarre. Like, so what if he's front and centre? The whole point is that he is front and centre: it's his autograph that will help sell these prints for more money than otherwise, and it's what makes them special. Without that signature they would just be any other print.

So true and it is a prestigious project. You just need to look through the other artists there: David Byrne, Iggy Pop, Billie Eilish, Peter Hook, Red Hot Chili Peppers and so on. This is exactly the type of thing that Moz should do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom