Johnny Marr Book Tour Dates US & UK

Johnny should get David Morrissey to read the audiobook version, just for a laugh. :guitar:

Crykey!..who cares...I almost ran over this guy on Highway 1 in Malibu when he was out jogging with his Dodger hoodie on. He just ripped off Roger McGuinn's style of playing like all those other Brit Rock "manc" bands from the 80's. I reckon can we post about some book signings about the best Smiths guitarist Craig Gannon?

You know that Morrissey-Marr "The Severed Alliance" do private gigs all over the USA for IBM, Apple, Chevrolet, Nike, and New Balance execs trying to relive their youth and get paid very handsomely... right?

Ah come on Aztec, I know you are deadly serious and that Jim (or Roger, never knew why he changed it to Roger, do you know?) McGuinn was a major influence on him as he said so more than once. But Johnny Marr's style of guitar playing is unique and immediately recognizable.
And he is a nice and kind man, I believe. :thumb:

Finally, it seems Rifke did the blazer shopping thing.

More so, she has started a nice game. There is a link in another thread and everybody can pick the blazer that he or she thinks suits moz the best. And she showed her choice.
So funny and nice :lbf: :p :thumb:

I'm sorry I lost it.

we should all play this very fun blazer game that i have just now invented, out of the fathomless depths of my creativity. it goes like this: you go here:
https://www.mrporter.com/en-ca/mens/clothing/blazers?pn=1
and you peruse the blazers, imagining you're having to pick one out for moz. then you post your pick. that's really all there is to it. this is the one i picked:
https://www.mrporter.com/en-ca/mens...-fit-checked-alpaca-blend-blazer/735065?ppv=2
though, i have to say i dont overly love it, and also im afraid to say but blazer shopping--without moz present, that is--seems like it be might a somewhat dispiriting affair. they all look the same and none of them are overly inspiring. :/

It's in the thread whatever are you thinking
:thumb:

mr.porter isn't a canadian site! :p

well the alpaca one was my choice, and you're right, i dont think nearly enough about the materials things are made from.

ooh the velvet one is very nice. my he would cut a dashing figure in that! thank you for playing the very fun blazer game, dearest count! wasnt it very fun? actually i dont know about you but i found it quite nerve-wracking. possibly he'll have hated my original choice. and what then?! i know what then: no blazer shopping for me. :oops:

The real shock with this Autobiography by Johnny Marr is that he will be shown to be a better writer than Morrissey! Trust me, people, a BIG drama is coming.....LOL!

BrummieBoy
Øresund
dk

November can't come soon enough. Johnny's book drops on the 3rd just as Steven and his dog tired tribute show to himself chugs along with thicker fog machines, terrible
screeching power chord guitars n strobes on the 4th :barf:( I've got a migraine coming on already at the thought. L O L ! )

Yes November is guaranteed to be a great month for debunking hecklers in the U S !
Thanks Johnny.:guitar:

" Marr army ! :ahhh:Marr army ! :ahhh:Marr army ! :ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

November can't come soon enough. Johnny's book drops on the 3rd just as Steven and his dog tired tribute show to himself chugs along with thicker fog machines, terrible
screeching power chord guitars n strobes on the 4th :barf:( I've got a migraine coming on already at the thought. L O L ! )

Yes November is guaranteed to be a great month for debunking hecklers in the U S !
Thanks Johnny.:guitar:

" Marr army ! :ahhh:Marr army ! :ahhh:Marr army ! :ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Marr has spent 3 decades growing as a person and has educated himself rigorously. His book wipes the floor with Morrissey in terms of writing skill - so I hear on the grapevine.

BB
ØRESTAD

Marr has spent 3 decades growing as a person and has educated himself rigorously. His book wipes the floor with Morrissey in terms of writing skill - so I hear on the grapevine.

BB
ØRESTAD

If he's been "growing as a person", it's probably unlikely that he'll be very interested in whether he wipes the floor with Morrissey or not.

Looking forward to reading about his working with Bernard Sumner. Have seen Marr around where I live, so assume they are still friends.

Last edited:
If he's been "growing as a person", it's probably unlikely that he'll be very interested in whether he wipes the floor with Morrissey or not.

Some people would argue that there couldn't have been much "growing as a person" since Johnny has always been a perfect human being, without any faults whatsoever. A top bloke, a local lad, a role model who shits hit songs and is friends with everybody and who is never once wrong.

You misunderstood my comment. The grapevine suggests Marr has unfolded as a genuinely gifted, insightful writer and that his book will shock many by the calm skill of his reveries, thus 'wiping the floor with Morrissey' in terms of stylistic restraint, authentic recollection and the numerous other key attributes of a successful autobiography. Morrissey's dire tome was simply the cutting floor of his analyst's couch. His fluffers managed to contrive a positive media reaction and then.....List Of El Plotto Losto arrived to finally and forever debunk the notion that Morrissey is a gifted writer. He is no such thing. He is a crank fraud hysteric whose prose only goes to show he is a tragic comic, a fool who got lucky by mimicking profundity, which the Muses indeed gifted on to him, only for him to blow it in a catastrophic narcissist rage.

I wait to see if Johnny Marr issues a 'mea culpa' to 'the lawnmover parts, legal issues notwithstanding. If he fails to do so he goes on the bonfire of vanities alongside Steven Patrick Morrissey. To say this is the pivotal, defining moment of the history of The Smiths radically understates the importance of this publication. I guess some people have already read the proof and know the answers.......how fortunate they are to have advance insight into the final, definitive statement on that band, that era. And Iggy Pop is right, Marr was just as much the 'star' as Morrissey who was too vain and stupid to realise. The 'other two' were also equally important. Bono and The Edge grasped the truth: If you enter music as 'the last gang in town' and then are shown to be a grasping entrepreneur who would rather shaft your schoolfriends than share the wealth, fame and glory equally like U2 have done, then your reputation is toast. Morrissey's reputation went up in smoke with that dismal 100 page rant about the court case in his ridiculous memoir. Over to you, Mr Marr....if only I knew the answer....if only I knew what was coming.......but.....sadly.....I don't.........or do I? LOL!

best wishes
BrummieBoy
researching the Danish Cultural Algorithm in Copenhagen
whilst remixing 'VegAnarchyInTheUK'....again!

Back
Top Bottom