Johnny Marr "ask me anything" to entertain fans during lockdown

Can’t you read, I said sales not chart position. But it proves a point that chart portion means absolutely nothing.

Why Marr can't be Number 3 in UK?
Why?
Come on Marr, be Number 3 in UK.
Poor Marr.

In the extremely unlikely event that Morrissey would agree to something like this, I'm sure he would only answer pre-selected questions asking him why he's such a genius, how wonderful he is, and why eating meat is bad.

Yeah, and I guess Johnny won’t be selective?

Hey Marr when’s the reunion? What do ya think of IANADOAC? Has he answered these yet? I’m sure he was asked.

Why Marr can't be Number 3 in UK?
Why?
Come on Marr, be Number 3 in UK.
Poor Marr.

Call The Comet - 8794 sales
California Son - 8340 sales
INADOAC - 6729 sales

Chart position is partly determined by who else releases an album that week and sales within that week. Who sold more albums is very simple - x amount of people bought y album in the first week of release and in this debate more people bought Johnny Marr's album in the first week of release than bought Morrissey's last 2 albums in the first week of their release. Is that clear enough for you?

That's fascinating, re Half A Person. Every single time I listen to that I can't help thinking that it's such a limited, almost nondescript piece of music if you strip away Morrissey's vocals and lyrics. (Whereas there are plenty of other Smiths songs that are staggering pieces of music, even without Morrissey's extra layer on top.)

I’m sure Marr was talking about Morrissey’s contribution to the songs.

:cool:

Yeah, and I guess Johnny won’t be selective?

Hey Marr when’s the reunion? What do ya think of IANADOAC? Has he answered these yet? I’m sure he was asked.

Yes he was asked and said, I'm not interested in a reunion and I haven't listened to IANADOAC but Warners texted me to let me know it had sold less than Call The Comet.

Probably right, first one should be, What did you think when California Son sold less copies than Call The Comet?

He’d probably say he didn’t know why because he thinks CS is a far better album.

Johnny Marr once again proving what a nice guy he is:

Listen, Marr doesn’t have to do anything to prove he’s a ‘nice guy’

you can tell he’s a ‘nice guy’ just by listening to his last album.

:cool:

Yes he was asked and said, I'm not interested in a reunion and I haven't listened to IANADOAC but Warners texted me to let me know it had sold less than Call The Comet.
:crazy:

What are you talking about? Johnny loves IANADOAC

Marr gets it all, begs insiders for a advance copy of every Moz release.

No he doesn't Ketamine. Johnny is often seen walking or running around this area - Hale/Bowden, Altrincham and Alderley Edge (when he catches up with Bernard Sumner). Lots of people chat to him, he's always very polite and never talks about Morrissey in a negative way, whatever you may think.

No he doesn't Keteamine. Johnny is often seen walking or running around this area - Hale/Bowden, Altrincham and Alderley Edge (when he catches up with Bernard Sumner). Lots of people chat to him, he's always very polite and never talks about Morrissey in a negative way, whatever you may think.

What makes you think that I think that Marr would talk negatively about Moz?

Catch Johnny jogging ask him what’s he listening to? Will most likely say CS or IANADOAC

Marr’s a big fan of Moz.

What makes you think that I think that Marr would talk negatively about Moz?

Catch Johnny jogging ask him what’s he listening to? Will most likely he’ll say CS or IANADOAC

Marr’s a big fan of Moz.

No he really won't Ketamine, he listens to a lot of up and coming bands.

Back
Top Bottom