Johnny Marr and Hans Zimmer

staatsaffaere

I just read that Johnny Marr was part of the production of Billie Eilish's new Bond-Song, along with Hans Zimmer. I knew they already worked together for the Inception-Soundtrack.

Does anyone know what led to that pairing and if they are now working together on a regular basis?

I'm a great fan of both of them.

I just read that Johnny Marr was part of the production of Billie Eilish's new Bond-Song, along with Hans Zimmer. I knew they already worked together for the Inception-Soundtrack.

Does anyone know what led to that pairing and if they are now working together on a regular basis?

Yes they are both cucks.:rooster:
now please take this stuff to the Drama LePew non existing forum thanx good luck and goodbye.:neutral:

If you read Johnny's book "Set the Boy Free" - it describes how he came to work on "Inception". They became good friends after this movie. They worked on Spiderman and Freeheld films also. Johnny has played with Hans live and is on the Hans Zimmer Live in Prague DVD.

There is a good Johnny Marr Facebook group that will welcome you. Better to post there!

Hans Zimmer did an interview a few years ago (I can't remember where, but maybe you can find it) where he said that when he was working on the score for Inception, he kept imagining the guitar part being played by Johnny. I guess he was a fan and money wasn't really an issue for that project, so he got hold of Johnny's phone number and invited him out to LA. That was strictly as a session musician, playing very precisely what Zimmer had already written. Maybe it was initially just a fanboy thing for Zimmer, or maybe he invited Johnny in with an eye to future projects.

They then worked together on The Amazing Spiderman 2, parts of which feature a "supergroup" put together by Zimmer, including Johnny, Pharrell Williams, Junkie XL and Mike Einziger from Incubus. Johnny had a bit more input into this project, and gets a co-writing credit on a couple of tracks.

Johnny and Hans then worked on the soundtrack to Freeheld, which was a minor release, although it had some big names in it (Julianne Moore, Ellen Page, Steve Carrell). There doesn't seem to have been a lot of budget, so it was recorded very quickly, with Johnny improvising guitar to the rushes and Hans then coming up with arrangements around those improvisations.

The original composer for No Time To Die dropped out late on, and Zimmer (apparently friends with Barbara Broccoli) agreed to step in on condition he was allowed to hire a collaborator. My guess is that he imagined working in a similar way to Freeheld, as a way to get the score done quickly, because he only had a window of about a month. That shows pretty high confidence in Johnny, for such a high profile project.

As far as I am aware, though, Johnny and Hans have not been directly involved in Billie Eilish's song, although I suppose it is likely that they will have had input into the choice of artist and OK-ing the song. Maybe they will have also met with her to discuss what they were doing with the score, so that she would have an understanding of what she had to fit into. But it's traditional for the theme song to be a separate deal from the score.

Also, they are definitely both cucks, which explains the whole thing in fewer words.

Thanks you, Anonymous! I will read the book later ...
Of course I'm here mainly because of Morrissey, but thought it was ok to ask a Johnny-Marr-question ...

Hans Zimmer did an interview a few years ago (I can't remember where, but maybe you can find it)...snip...
"Composer Hans Zimmer put together an incredible soundscape using a slew of orchestral tricks, a key Edith Piaf song and some choice guitar work by none other than former Smiths guitarist (and current Cribs axe man) Johnny Marr.
Marr came in late to the proceedings (most of the work on the music was already done when Zimmer tapped him to do it), but he added a number of nuances that added to the noir-romantic feel of the movie. In fact, Marr's work on one particular passage ended up becoming attached to Leonardo DiCaprio's character, morphing into his haunted, longing theme. Though subtle, Marr's work became a big part of DiCaprio's character and, in turn, a huge part of an extremely complex film.
According to Zimmer, bringing in Marr was a wish that happened to become real. "What happened was I kept writing this tune, and I kept hearing Johnny Marr play it," Zimmer told MTV News' Kara Warner at the premiere of "Inception" last week. "Finally, I said to Chris [Nolan], 'What do you think of this idea? I'm like channeling Johnny Marr by now.' And he said it was a great idea."
Had Zimmer and Nolan not brought in Marr (who declared the project "a dream come true"), the entire film might have felt different. "I don't think anybody else could have done it," Zimmer said of Marr's work. "It wouldn't have worked otherwise, and I was willing to throw out the tune if he said no.""

MTV, 2010.

Regards,
FWD.

As far as I am aware, though, Johnny and Hans have not been directly involved in Billie Eilish's song, although I suppose it is likely that they will have had input into the choice of artist and OK-ing the song.

Johnny is credited as playing guitar on the track.

If you read Johnny's book "Set the Boy Free" - it describes how he came to work on "Inception". They became good friends after this movie. They worked on Spiderman and Freeheld films also. Johnny has played with Hans live and is on the Hans Zimmer Live in Prague DVD.

There is a good Johnny Marr Facebook group that will welcome you. Better to post there!

“There is a good Johnny Marr Facebook group that will welcome you. Better to post there”

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

but thought it was ok to ask a Johnny-Marr-question ...

Yeah, better to take your questions over to Marr’s Facebook page. People here don’t know much about Marr really and the information can be a bit iffy.

Go join the other 3 twats at the LePew facebook page. there you will find LePew himself hawking copies
of his 'SOLD OUT":lbf::laughing::rofl:
singles box set. buy buy buy says the Pewish one, despite it being supposedly 'SOLD OUT":laughing:

i doubt the have even sold one box in reality.:highfive:
like the RAH shows that were 'sold out' but 4/5 empty:sweet:

Big week for Johnny. Appearing at the Brits with 20000 people watching live in the o2 Arena and 8 million people watching live on ITV/You Tube.

Wow ... Thanks for sharing this!

"Composer Hans Zimmer put together an incredible soundscape using a slew of orchestral tricks, a key Edith Piaf song and some choice guitar work by none other than former Smiths guitarist (and current Cribs axe man) Johnny Marr.
Marr came in late to the proceedings (most of the work on the music was already done when Zimmer tapped him to do it), but he added a number of nuances that added to the noir-romantic feel of the movie. In fact, Marr's work on one particular passage ended up becoming attached to Leonardo DiCaprio's character, morphing into his haunted, longing theme. Though subtle, Marr's work became a big part of DiCaprio's character and, in turn, a huge part of an extremely complex film.
According to Zimmer, bringing in Marr was a wish that happened to become real. "What happened was I kept writing this tune, and I kept hearing Johnny Marr play it," Zimmer told MTV News' Kara Warner at the premiere of "Inception" last week. "Finally, I said to Chris [Nolan], 'What do you think of this idea? I'm like channeling Johnny Marr by now.' And he said it was a great idea."
Had Zimmer and Nolan not brought in Marr (who declared the project "a dream come true"), the entire film might have felt different. "I don't think anybody else could have done it," Zimmer said of Marr's work. "It wouldn't have worked otherwise, and I was willing to throw out the tune if he said no.""

MTV, 2010.

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom