Johnny Marr and Damon Albarn playing together

Maurice E

Any other major Blur fans round here pretty excited at this news?
Looks like Marr's doing Albarn's African Express thing.
Damon's always been a big Smiths fan. It was actually Morrissey's quote ( that pop music was dead/dying), from the South Bank show that made Albarn want to form a band and prove him wrong!
Marr has often banged on about Radiohead but never seems to have mentioned the massively superior Blur.
Intriguing stuff!

Hmmm...Africa Express live was last night at Koko.

Did anyone listen online?

For Johnny Marr fans. This may be of interest to watch.
Johnny appeared on stage approx 2hrs in on BBCi for 17 mins, he played guitar on 2 songs, Magosa and Mon Amour, that I could see, I didn't see him again. He wasn't name checked like the others on screen.

This is the first one Magosa, approx 37mb, flv, 7 mins.

Address is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BILLWY00

Please say if you want the rest.

Marr has often banged on about Radiohead but never seems to have mentioned the massively superior Blur.

well, he has. when he spoke in dublin at a college some months ago he was asked about britpop and went like "there were some good records like blur's ... but not so many"
i tried to find the quote, but i couldn't. maybe kewpie will help. i believe it was a lecture at some university or college in ireland.

From the BBC website:

But the biggest cheer was reserved for Mali duo Amadou and Mariam who were backed by a 13-piece band made up of African musicians, Albarn on tambourine and Marr on guitar. :guitar:

For Johnny Marr fans. This may be of interest to watch.
Johnny appeared on stage approx 2hrs in on BBCi for 17 mins, he played guitar on 2 songs, Magosa and Mon Amour, that I could see, I didn't see him again. He wasn't name checked like the others on screen.

This is the first one Magosa, approx 37mb, flv, 7 mins.

Address is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BILLWY00

Please say if you want the rest.

Yes, please, I'd like to see the rest. :) I really enjoyed Magosa. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom