Johnny Marr’s Manchester Derby Playlist (includes "top 5 Smiths songs")

Give me your top 5 Smiths songs?

-How Soon Is Now?
-The Headmaster Ritual
-Bigmouth Strikes Again
-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
-Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

And finally, what are the top 5 songs you’ve been involved with since the Smiths?

-Get The Message - Electronic
-Dashboard - Modest Mouse
-Slow Emotion Replay - The The
-City Of Bugs - The Cribs
-No Time To Die - Billie Eilish

garb,its called morrisseysolo,nowhere does it say the smiths at the top of the page,you really cant help yourself when it comes to johnboy marr,defend,defend,defend.
You are almost forgetting something, no Marr, no Smiths.
No Morrissey, no Smiths.
No Smiths, no Morrissey.
No Morrissey, no Morrissey-solo.
In conclusion, no Marr and your life will be completely empty....

You are almost forgetting something, no Marr, no Smiths.
No Morrissey, no Smiths.
No Smiths, no Morrissey.
No Morrissey, no Morrissey-solo.
In conclusion, no Marr and your life will be completely empty....
WHIT.

Last edited:
I challenge anyone to prove to me Marr had anything to do with the latest Bond song. Please tell me where you can hear Marr in the song because I'm struggling to pick any moment that would require him to appear there. Plus it's a terrible song, so there's that.

FFS it would have been best for Moz never to have met any of these lazy lawnmowers(n)
dole munchers the lot of them, all 3. Moz had all the songs written in his notebooks and could have done better without them.:)
look how much better alain and jesse are than Pep, FH Mike and DH Andy🛠️

🇭🇷:hammer:

I challenge anyone to prove to me Marr had anything to do with the latest Bond song. Please tell me where you can hear Marr in the song because I'm struggling to pick any moment that would require him to appear there. Plus it's a terrible song, so there's that.

Ok :59 in sounds like Marr. Then the distorted guitar lines at the start of the choruses I assume are him.

The Messenger
Lockdown
Armatopia
The Trap
Dynamo
Rise
Hi Hello
The Tracers
Actor Attractor
Receiver
Spirit Power and Soul
God's Gift

really? Even after you’ve turned your hearing aid on ?

It’s a shockingly bad song—pure bin juice.

My favorite Johnny Marr songs are...

Anything...

Smiths.

That being said, his guitar playing on The The’s Mind Bomb record is something I wish he was doing now. Though that has more to do with what Matt was giving him, the foundation, the type of songs to be creative on, and the drugs they were doing at the time. Lol.

Again, I believe Johnny has done and can only do his best work when he works with frontmen that have a deeper (darker?) vision.

And there were two.

Last edited:
He's simply an excellent guitar player who has no business singing or being a frontman. His voice and stage presence are equally vapid. And without the Smiths you've probably never heard of him.

He's simply an excellent guitar player who has no business singing or being a frontman. His voice and stage presence are equally vapid. And without the Smiths you've probably never heard of him.
I love Johnny voice. It is very sexy.

as a big bond fan i also struggled to hear marrs input,and your right the song is mince,getting a bond theme at 18 just shows they are now picking flavour of the month.

as a big bond fan i also struggled to hear marrs input,and your right the song is mince,getting a bond theme at 18 just shows they are now picking flavour of the month.
But they've always picked "flavour of the month". It's just we used to have a better selection of flavours. The only artist they've chosen as evidence of straying from their benign formula is when they chose Chris Cornell to do "You Know My Name". Has to be the best one in the last 20 years or so.

The first version is the best one and it's not the one they ended up using for the film. The one they chose is too clean and pedestrian, but still good though.

But they've always picked "flavour of the month". It's just we used to have a better selection of flavours. The only artist they've chosen as evidence of straying from their benign formula is when they chose Chris Cornell to do "You Know My Name". Has to be the best one in the last 20 years or so.

The first version is the best one and it's not the one they ended up using for the film. The one they chose is too clean and pedestrian, but still good though.

good point but in the old days it was people who had longevity in their careers,a couple of years ago had anybody ever heard of billie eillish,agree about chris cornell but he is in the company of the truly awaful madonna theme and the dull as dishwater sam smith theme.

good point but in the old days it was people who had longevity in their careers,a couple of years ago had anybody ever heard of billie eillish,agree about chris cornell but he is in the company of the truly awaful madonna theme and the dull as dishwater sam smith theme.
Wait what? You're equating Chris Cornell's song with Madonna's and Sam Smith's songs?

That seems a fair assessment.

Bond themes (once the highest standard in film music) are now in the stocks. The effort of Eilish competes with the ‘contributions’ of Sheryl Crow, Madonna, and Shirley Manson in the fierce battle for last place.

Lulu’s crap song seems like a solid gold classic by contemporary standards.

Wait what? You're equating Chris Cornell's song with Madonna's and Sam Smith's songs?
no im saying their songs were 15 miles of shit.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom