Johnny Marr’s Manchester Derby Playlist (includes "top 5 Smiths songs")

Give me your top 5 Smiths songs?

-How Soon Is Now?
-The Headmaster Ritual
-Bigmouth Strikes Again
-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
-Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

And finally, what are the top 5 songs you’ve been involved with since the Smiths?

-Get The Message - Electronic
-Dashboard - Modest Mouse
-Slow Emotion Replay - The The
-City Of Bugs - The Cribs
-No Time To Die - Billie Eilish

garb,its called morrisseysolo,nowhere does it say the smiths at the top of the page,you really cant help yourself when it comes to johnboy marr,defend,defend,defend.

About​

Add bookmark

This site is unofficial and not affiliated with Morrissey.
Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.
The site was created by davidt (David Tseng / [email protected]) and is maintained with help from moderators and users that contribute to the site. I have been a fan since 1986 when I was a junior in high school. I'm currently a web developer in Los Angeles.

Who’s the most talented person you’ve worked with during your time as a songwriter and musician?

Where would I start?...

Not with Morrissey clearly. How very sad.

Who’s the most talented person you’ve worked with during your time as a songwriter and musician?

Where would I start?...

That question was a trap and for once, he didn't walk into it - Hans Zimmer, Alicia Keys and Pharrell Williams... choices remote enough from his "bread and butter" indie work that they won't ruffle any feathers. Maybe Johnny is listening after all.

I think we've heard the last of the "Isaac Brock / Ryan Jarman / random bloke down the pub is the greatest..." schtick, and not before time. JM doesn't like being criticised and now he knows - if he didn't already - that those kinds of comments rub fans (and Moz) the wrong way.

Where would I start?...

Bryan Ferry is a match for Morrissey in my house. And whilst he doesn’t get the same love from me, Billy Bragg is a brilliant lyricist.

Where would I start?...

Well he was told not to mention Moz wasn’t he? Now Marr has an excuse. If Moz gets erased from Smiths history, it’s his own fault.

That question was a trap and for once, he didn't walk into it - Hans Zimmer, Alicia Keys and Pharrell Williams... choices remote enough from his "bread and butter" indie work that they won't ruffle any feathers. Maybe Johnny is listening after all.

I think we've heard the last of the "Isaac Brock / Ryan Jarman / random bloke down the pub is the greatest..." schtick, and not before time. JM doesn't like being criticised and now he knows - if he didn't already - that those kinds of comments rub fans (and Moz) the wrong way.
Maybe. I think Johnny has simply started to believe his own hype. He's undoubtedly one of the most sought after musicians in the world today. And he thinks this would have happened to him anyway with or without Morrissey. Working with Morrissey has become an embarrassing footnote. He thinks his musicianship with The Smiths stands on its own - and he owes Morrissey nothing, not least because of the extensive body of work he has produced since The Smiths.
There is some truth in this. Johnny no doubt would have found some success in a band in the 80s without meeting Morrissey. The odds of finding success are much higher for a talented musician than they are for a loner writing lyrics in their bedroom. But it would have been some success. If Johnny thinks he would have been the sought after musician he is today without his artistic collaboration with Morrissey, he is kidding himself.
And it is wrong that he doesn't acknowledge that, regardless of his views on Moz's outlook on world politics. Maybe he or the interviewer meant - [apart from the obvious] who's the most talented person you've worked with? But it's unlikely.

About​

Add bookmark

Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.
The site was created by davidt (David Tseng / [email protected]) and is maintained with help from moderators and users that contribute to the site. I have been a fan since 1986 when I was a junior in high school. I'm currently a web developer in Los Angeles.
how long did it take you to find this,guess what, i want you to jump around your living room and shout at the top of your voice,I HAVE WON.

Yes posting Marr articles on solo can technically be categorized as Smiths related. (Especially when he’s mentioning M, of course).

But I simply don’t hear The Smiths in Marr’s work, so I wouldn’t say it’s really Smiths related, which Johnny might be proud to hear.

But it’s not my site, and it does create traffic. Ho-hum.

My reply to the anon was my opinion. It is YOU that keeps calling my opinion a ‘challenge’.

I don’t see my opinion to the anon as a ‘challenge’ nor was that my intention, nor was I in need of a reply back from the anon.

It is YOU that sees my opinion as a ‘challenge’, it is you that sees the posting of my opinions as a way for me to ‘ belittle’ others.

I’m sorry that you feel belittled by my posts.

I’m only giving my opinions here.
I hope one day you can accept that people have different opinions than yours.
Crybabies like you are exactly why people hate this site.

Cry baby

Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Now, answer mine ....

Why do you see the posting of my opinions as belittling other people’s opinions?

Did that anon tell you they felt belittled?
It might be easier for everyone if you just think your opinion but not type it.

:)

all LePepePew pap after 1987 is not "Smiths" related but basher spam.(n)

in fact since the little twerp quit in a hissy ('the best thing i ever did was quit that Oscar Wilde group, the Smiths') fit, all LePep posts should be forwarded to that basically dormant " If God were tatted and wigged he would be :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:" FB group. Really peeps, who think that the spectacle known as LePepe would be divine:lbf:
you cant give that type of riff raff a finger because they take the whole body, look how now Jr got smuggled in here is now posting spam.
"i am a big music superstar too":lbf:

:hammer:

About​

Add bookmark

Which part of
Bryan Ferry is a match for Morrissey in my house. And whilst he doesn’t get the same love from me, Billy Bragg is a brilliant lyricist.
Yes, in many ways Morrissey stole quite a lot from Byran.
I tend to think, and i include myself, Morrissey and his fans are kinda of stuck in some odd teenage mentality.
"oh that's better than that", "oh haven't you heard of that b list film star" .
Its all quite childish really.
Bryan is an actual grown-up. He has aged way better than M and is more stylish.
The trouble is his solo songs are in no way as good.

Someone said they do not hear smiths in marrs work. What an odd thing to say

Off the bat Hi Hello, is There is a light.
Another one-off that lp sounded a bit like Barb Begins at home, There is one on the new LP that has a bit of stop me.

But why should his stuff sound like The Smiths, like Morrissey, he IS the Smiths? That's enough

Last edited:
Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom