Johnny Marr’s Manchester Derby Playlist (includes "top 5 Smiths songs")

Give me your top 5 Smiths songs?

-How Soon Is Now?
-The Headmaster Ritual
-Bigmouth Strikes Again
-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
-Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

And finally, what are the top 5 songs you’ve been involved with since the Smiths?

-Get The Message - Electronic
-Dashboard - Modest Mouse
-Slow Emotion Replay - The The
-City Of Bugs - The Cribs
-No Time To Die - Billie Eilish

I’d suggest it was Morrissey’s post-Smiths career that peaked early, considering that Marr currently has a top-5 charting album.

I’d be very surprised if Morrissey made a live guest appearance. When was the last time he did such a thing?
Moz peaked early? I wouldn't call Your Arsenal 1992, Vauxhall 1994, Quarry 2004, Ringleader 2006, I Am Not A Dog 2020 "early". What more do you want?

Indeed, Marr’s post-Smiths career peaked early. Nevertheless, I’d single out Forbidden City as Electronic’s high point.

Incidentally, I’ve just noticed ASAP is supporting The Chilli Peppers in Manchester; so some recent Morrissey collaborators are themselves coming together in some sense. I don’t think this is insignificant—I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Morrissey making a cameo there (perhaps joining ASAP for a rendition of the song they’ve completed together?).
I wonder if the song with A$AP Rocky is Ha Ha Harlem, as the rapper comes from there.

can someone gag marr sometime soon.it is a never ending run of interviews and posts on just about anything and everything.marr is on here more than M.

Have you ever thought why that may be?

This is a site to quote the site owner -Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.

Morrissey chooses to say f*** all apart from gibberish on Morrissey Central, whereas Marr chooses to get on with recording and releasing new music.

Moz should reply with his top 5 songs recorded by The Smiths:

1. Work Is A Four Letter Word
2. The miners intro piece to Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
3. The whistling on I Keep Mine Hidden
4. The rain at the start of Well I Wonder
5. Craig Gannon's bit on Ask

Have you ever thought why that may be?

This is a site to quote the site owner -Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.

Morrissey chooses to say f*** all apart from gibberish on Morrissey Central, whereas Marr chooses to get on with recording and releasing new music.
garb,its called morrisseysolo,nowhere does it say the smiths at the top of the page,you really cant help yourself when it comes to johnboy marr,defend,defend,defend.

My pro Marr stance? I've said time and time again, I prefer Morrissey's albums but Marr live. Is that a pro Marr stance? I respect both of them.
Ah now. As good as Marr can be he doesn't cover the stage in special imported Whitechapel fog so he can get lost for 20 minutes after Jack The Ripper.

Yes, for me, it's his best song, post smiths
And the older one gets, the more the lyrics hit home. I quite like a couple of songs he did with Everything But The Girl, also

His soundtrack work is also good. Talented guy. How many guitarists leave a landmark band and go on to do what he has?
A few but not many
It's a Matt Johnson song though, isn't it? Not a co-write. But Johnny's contribution is fantastic.

garb,its called morrisseysolo,nowhere does it say the smiths at the top of the page,you really cant help yourself when it comes to johnboy marr,defend,defend,defend.

Nothing to do with defending Marr. I saw The Smiths twice should have been 3 times but some twat decided to throw a coin that smacked Morrrisey on the head at Preston. Difference between you and I is that I appreciate both of them but for some reason folks like you struggle with that concept

Give me your top 5 Smiths songs?

-How Soon Is Now?
-The Headmaster Ritual
-Bigmouth Strikes Again
-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
-Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

And finally, what are the top 5 songs you’ve been involved with since the Smiths?

-Get The Message - Electronic
-Dashboard - Modest Mouse
-Slow Emotion Replay - The The
-City Of Bugs - The Cribs
-No Time To Die - Billie Eilish
This is devastating....and not in the way Johnny thinks. Little man, what now? Did that swift eclipse torture you?

Wild T's "Johnny without The Smiths" five:

1. Kirsty MacColl - Walkin' Down Madison
2. Kirsty MacColl - Children Of The Revolution
3. Kirsty MacColl - The End Of A Perfect Day
4. Kirsty MacColl - Can't Stop Killin' You
5. Kirsty MacColl - You And Me Baby

Did John Maher actually say these are his favorite songs or that he supports a kickball team a million miles from where he lives in Portland, Oregon? I don't see his lips moving saying these idiotic things. You know... Oregon Son.

From Music Week:

Morrissey’s run of consecutive Top 10 studio albums – he has had 13 – is ongoing, but his lower-profile former Smiths colleague and fellow Mancunian, 58-year-old Johnny Marr, who started his solo career comparatively late, extends his own string to four, and secures his highest placing yet with Fever Dreams Parts 1-4 (No.4, 11,132 sales).

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom