Johnny Borrell comments on Moz

Tbevie

Girl afraid
From this weeks NME. Just in case anyone's actually interested on what he has to say ;)

Interviewer:

Isn’t bragging about the fact that you got a bigger crowd than Morrissey in interviews a little bit snotty?

Johnny:
“Look, I prefaced that by saying it was insane. Our name wasn’t the biggest on the bill but we had the f***ing audience. If I’m standing there and I’m a massive Morrissey fan and I’m between songs, tuning my guitar and I can hear thousands of people chanting “who the f*** is Morrissey” at me…I’ve never asked for that. I’ve never wished for that. And I could never imagine that that could happen to me. But it did happen, so that feels incredible in a way. I don’t mean it as disrespect to Morrissey. They meant it as disrespect to Morrissey. I’m just there playing my songs.

I’m not a fan of him or his band but I guess he’s right, you can’t really blame him for having a bigger audience or for what his fans were shouting. But I do think he was bragging slightly and he does come across as very arrogant. Several times during the interview, as well as in this quote, he refers to Razorlight’s songs as his Songs. He’s certainly not a very charming man. (You see what I did there) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From this weeks NME. Just in case anyone's actually interested on what he has to say ;)

Interviewer:

Isn’t bragging about the fact that you got a bigger crowd than Morrissey in interviews a little bit snotty?

Johnny:
“Look, I prefaced that by saying it was insane. Our name wasn’t the biggest on the bill but we had the f***ing audience. If I’m standing there and I’m a massive Morrissey fan and I’m between songs, tuning my guitar and I can hear thousands of people chanting “who the f*** is Morrissey” at me…I’ve never asked for that. I’ve never wished for that. And I could never imagine that that could happen to me. But it did happen, so that feels incredible in a way. I don’t mean it as disrespect to Morrissey. They meant it as disrespect to Morrissey. I’m just there playing my songs.

I’m not a fan of him or his band but I guess he’s right, you can’t really blame him for having a bigger audience or for what his fans were shouting. But I do think he was bragging slightly and he does come across as very arrogant. Several times during the interview, as well as in this quote, he refers to Razorlight’s songs as his Songs. He’s certainly not a very charming man. (You see what I did there) :rolleyes:

I read this yesterday, and through the whole interview he comes across as nothing less than a total and utter cock. Arrogant in the face of overwhelming evidence (he can't sing, and when he tries, it's so nasal you want to go buy him some Vicks). I think this is one instance where he deserves abuse for being an ungratious, untalented, egotistical knob.

Peter

In a few years I'm confident and hoping we'll all be saying 'Who the f*** were Razorshite?' I can't see this egotistical yet talentless twat going down in musical history. The fact is Razorshite are just a fad for teenagers trying to be indie.

Sorry, who is Johnny Borrell? Seriously... i have not heard of him and what band is he is in?

It's begun earlier than I thought :D Hurray!

p.s. he's in a dog bad band called Razorlight or as many people call them, Razorshite.

His music is so shit!

It's the new Stereophonics, gap-in-the-market MOR mainstream rock.

He has never, and will never, achieve a fraction of what Morrissey has. And I'm not talking about sales either, because we all know shit sells sometimes.

I was never bothered about his comments in the first place, I've hated his band since the start! Just Another Modern Indie Band: sell the 1st album to posing NME readers, aim the second at the buy-you-music-at-the-supermarket-with-the-big-shop market. Yawn

I was never bothered about his comments in the first place, I've hated his band since the start! Just Another Modern Indie Band: sell the 1st album to posing NME readers, aim the second at the buy-you-music-at-the-supermarket-with-the-big-shop market. Yawn

so true :D

Who is Johnny Borrell? :o

He's always come across as a complete knob and Razorlight are not going to be around in ten years, that's for sure. 'Who Needs Love' is a great song though.

Johnny Borrell was once in a good band but Razorlight are utter cack. I can safely say no one will utter his name in twenty odd years.

Razorlight? Haven't we all been here before. Weren't comments like this posted last year.
The guy's a talentless waste of space and his band are not up to much (being polite there!)

20 years time .....will anyone be listening to them.
Oh, by the way, he's famous at the moment for being Kirsten Dunst's latest squeeze.

LOL
WHo's Razorlight? Awful name.

And its not about the quantity of the fans, but the Quality of the fans. Morrissey has the best fans. They follow him for years, and to the end of the earth.

I fell in love with Morrissey with the first words I ever heard out of his mouth. And I heard them second hand, sung by a friend. That will be 20 years ago in January.

I have never heard of Johnny Borrell, and I can make a safe bet that I won't again. Humility looks good on everyone. Even when it is false.

Back
Top Bottom