John Lydon releases details of new PiL material for this year

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
From PiL's official website:

"As you may have heard on the BBC 6 Music Breakfast show, John broke the news that PiL will join the BBC Radio 6 Music 10th Anniversary Celebrations. The band will perform as special guests at the 6 Music Southbank Centre event on Friday, March 16th. See the BBC 6 Music website from 10am for ticket info.

John also revealed details of the first new PiL records in 20 years! The band will release the vinyl only EP 'One Drop' on April 16th for Record Store Day, followed by the new 12 track studio album 'This Is PiL' in May/June. More details soon...

Tune into the Steve Lamacq Show today at 16:00 to hear the exclusive first play of 'One Drop'!"

Personally, I'm pretty intrigued. Got to see this new incarnation two years ago, they're admittedly a very tight unit.

Love the idea of recordstore day, until I remember it just means getting up to early to stand in a que of geeky sad f***ers to pay to much for something I can't play anymore. I'll see you outside Piccadilly records in April.

Love the idea of recordstore day, until I remember it just means getting up to early to stand in a que of geeky sad f***ers to pay to much for something I can't play anymore. I'll see you outside Piccadilly records in April.

Well, that's part of the charm. I was up at 5am, drove to Wall Of Sound in Huddersfield, only to find 5 people in front of me. The record store owner came out with coffee and bakewell tart, gave us all sheets where we expressed our preferences, then we all went in, bought a pile of gubbins then had more cake and coffee. Good fun, civilised, and a nice morning out. I shall be getting the Morrissey and PiL, and whatever else of note I can lay me hands on.

P.

The admins of PiL's official facebook page are saying that it will also be a general release, not just Record Store Day.

The admins of PiL's official facebook page are saying that it will also be a general release, not just Record Store Day.

Just heard a snippet on lamacqs web page it's quite good. Thanks for the heads up mac.

Can someone who has WMRecorder on their PC or something of the like do me the huge favor of ripping/recording this video? I'm having a hell of a time finding freeware for a mac that lets one do this. If someone could provide me with the file, I'll gladly upload it to youtube for all.

Public Image Ltd perform for 6 Music's 10th birthday celebrations

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

Deeper Water* / This Is Not A Love Song / Disappointed / Warrior / Albatross / Flowers of Romance / One Drop* / Rise

*Brand new songs from the new forthcoming studio album "This is PiL," to be released in May.
John and the boys are sounding pretty good, I'd say. :guitar:

Can someone who has WMRecorder on their PC or something of the like do me the huge favor of ripping/recording this video? I'm having a hell of a time finding freeware for a mac that lets one do this. If someone could provide me with the file, I'll gladly upload it to youtube for all.

Public Image Ltd perform for 6 Music's 10th birthday celebrations

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

Deeper Water* / This Is Not A Love Song / Disappointed / Warrior / Albatross / Flowers of Romance / One Drop* / Rise

*Brand new songs from the new forthcoming studio album "This is PiL," to be released in May.
John and the boys are sounding pretty good, I'd say. :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you much, Irregular Regular :) I was hoping someone might rip them and put them up on YT. Great performance.

Thank you much, Irregular Regular :) I was hoping someone might rip them and put them up on YT. Great performance.

You are welcome.
I was going to upload them to youtube but someone beat me to it, I just found the clips and shared the links.
All credit to the original uploader. :)

Thanks IR sat in work on this lovely sunday afternoon but this has helped the day along.

Thank you, this made my Sunday too! Now can't get Deeper Water out of my head, can't wait for the album!

Has anyone got the video to the "Flowers Of Romance" as nobody has uploaded it and that's the only song from the concert missing

Many thanks

web_thisispil_half_ad1a_wee.png

:cool:

More info here: http://www.pilofficial.com/thisispil.html

Quite excited, myself :guitar:

Has anyone heard this yet? Quite looking forward to it.

There's a hilarious interview with Lydon on the Stool Pigeon that's also quite touching in place - maybe old John is softening with age?
Great pics of him, though. The man's in good shape!

http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/interview-john-lydon.html

Thanks for posting this interview - I hadn't read it.
I still have yet to read or see an interview of John Lydon that bored me. There's no one quite like the man.

I purchased the "One Drop" EP. It's pretty phenomenal overall, my least favorite track is "I Must Be Dreaming," but I'm sure it'll grow on me. The only shame is that all of the tracks on the EP appear on the album - no extras. But for the first two releases from PiL in 20 years, I'm not pushing it. I've got the album pre-ordered (deluxe with the live DVD), and I'm told it'll be here the first week of June. Something to look forward to.

PiL's official facebook page posted this advanced review of the album today: http://thequietus.com/articles/08801-pil-this-is-pil-review-john-lydon

Back
Top Bottom