John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Uncensored"

An anonymous person writes:

He's mentioned the following times in John Lydon's new autobiography:

"An 'angry yooong man', as Morrissey would say." Page 140

"In fact, when Morrissey came out with 'kill the DJ', I thought he was making a misguided reference." Pg 375

"Mike Joyce from Morrissey's band was in drumming with is for a short bit, and he and McGeoch were terrible with their Catholic--Protestant arguments." Pg 588

I'm sure Mike Joyce loves being called the drummer in Morrissey's band, lol.

lydon.jpg

Buy on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Unc

Did anyone watch the video recent interview with Jon Snow? Although I'm very mixed about Lydon, he is a genuine talent and says a whole lot more than shitpipes like Bono or Sting etc, its nice to see a melodramatic media turd like Brand get put in his place by one of the Elder statesmen of Punk. The video interview ended on quite a poignant note with Lydon breaking down abou this parents death which I found quite moving considering he puts on this hard icy front.

All in all I like Lydon.

I haven't seen the interview (I'll look for it), but I feel much the same as you do about Lydon. Also, "shitpipes" is an excellent word that I shall incorporate into my vocabulary immediately.

Re: Article: John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Unc

I haven't seen the interview (I'll look for it), but I feel much the same as you do about Lydon. Also, "shitpipes" is an excellent word that I shall incorporate into my vocabulary immediately.

"Mike Joyce from Morrissey's band was in drumming with is for a short bit, and he and McGeoch were terrible with their Catholic--Protestant arguments." Pg 588"

I hate hearing this shit too when Brits with an Irish lineage argue about this nonsense, but any Protestant Orange Army piece of shit that dares to march down any street in America is the world will get their heads bashed in.

"Mike Joyce from Morrissey's band was in drumming with is for a short bit, and he and McGeoch were terrible with their Catholic--Protestant arguments." Pg 588"

I hate hearing this shit too when Brits with an Irish lineage argue about this nonsense, but any Protestant Orange Army piece of shit that dares to march down any street in America is the world will get their heads bashed in.

What an idiot.

Anyway, back to Lydon, I like him too. Sure he's got issues but he's always passionate and honest.

Lydon is a genius. "This is not a . . ." is one of the greatest pop songs ever written. And the Sex Pistols, though not the first, were a great punk band. I wish I could have seen them live, back then.

Anyone bought this yet? is it much different to, No Blacks No dogs No Irish?

Anyone bought this yet? is it much different to, No Blacks No dogs No Irish?

I'm about 1/4 of the way through. It's very different from the last book but I'm enjoying it.

The Pistols were never revolutionary and Lydon would give you a good telling off for saying they were.

This bit at the end of the article is annoying too - "Without proportional representation, new parties have no hope – and in its wisdom, the British public voted against even minor reform. Politics is never cool, because voting means opting for a least worst, never the imagined ideal." Let's be straight, we were offered possibly the worst kind of electoral system after a dictatorship. That's why the British public voted against it. Give us something sensible to vote for and I'm sure we would give it the go ahead.

Errr yes they were and I don't think he would.
Were do you get off putting words in people's mouths.
It's obvious to anyone who lived through it that the pistols started a cultural revolution. Denying that is utter foolishness.
It continues to reverberate, in almost every aspect of society. Yes other people will desperately try to claim responsibility and overblow their part, but most people know the truths.

Thanks for posting up the Jon Snow C4 News interview with John Lydon.

Bez the dancer from the Happy Mondays has started to get political and he hopes to be an MP. This is his interview with Andrew Neil on the BBC:

That interview was a while back. It's just reminded me that Andrew Neil is a complete c***.

I'm not sure who is interviewing John Lydon here?

John Humphrys from the BBC interviews John Lydon:

Polly Toynbee interview with John Lydon:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom