John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Uncensored"

An anonymous person writes:

He's mentioned the following times in John Lydon's new autobiography:

"An 'angry yooong man', as Morrissey would say." Page 140

"In fact, when Morrissey came out with 'kill the DJ', I thought he was making a misguided reference." Pg 375

"Mike Joyce from Morrissey's band was in drumming with is for a short bit, and he and McGeoch were terrible with their Catholic--Protestant arguments." Pg 588

I'm sure Mike Joyce loves being called the drummer in Morrissey's band, lol.

lydon.jpg

Buy on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Unc

I listed all of the mentions and page numbers yesterday in the Moz references thread.

Re: Article: John Lydon mentions Morrissey in his new autobiography "Anger is an Energy: My Life Unc

John Lydon is and always has been a Huge PIECE OF DOG SHIT--!

Iwould love to read it, not that much I buy it

It's more about Sex Pistols period, and the Sid story though even filmed, there's much unknown
that's my main interest about Johns book

'and they say he's mentall' .. found it always a bit strange, a groupie falls in love, the heroine is just
a subject as I'm certain not only Sid was using it around the Sex Pisols or bandmates, who just left Sid behind
in New York, whe he did it 'my way'...:confused:

It's hard not to admire someone responsible for the lyrics to Anarchy In The UK, Pretty Vacant and God Save The Queen while in his teens, but I find it hard to watch a Lydon interview. All those affectations and the dramatic chipmunk stuff to camera gets on my tits.

For those who can bear it here is his recent interview for The Guardian, including a well observed and well aimed kick in the balls for Russell Brand and his revolution, and by extension Brand's acolyte, Morrissey.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ny-rotten-lydon-russell-brand-revolution-vote

It's better if you close your eyes. That's not the first time I've said that today.

It's hard not to admire someone responsible for the lyrics to Anarchy In The UK, Pretty Vacant and God Save The Queen while in his teens, but I find it hard to watch a Lydon interview. All those affectations and the dramatic chipmunk stuff to camera gets on my tits.

For those who can bear it here is his recent interview for The Guardian, including a well observed and well aimed kick in the balls for Russell Brand and his revolution, and by extension Brand's acolyte, Morrissey.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ny-rotten-lydon-russell-brand-revolution-vote

It's better if you close your eyes. That's not the first time I've said that today.

"What he's preaching is a lifestyle of cardboard boxes.... down by the river.....from his mansion" Lydon's right. He looks pretty clear eyed to me.

My problem with Lydon's comments to the Guardian were that they boil down a complex argument, one recently hijacked by Brand, to the lowest common denominator which then ends up as empty as UKIP. No body is saying democracy doesn't work (not even Brand or Morrissey, I think) but that it doesn't work in its current form. Abstaining is never put forward as the answer, but as a way to spark change to the system and bring about a proportional voting system as well as a more decentralised democracy.
All that interview does for me is show the extent that old 'heroes' are forced into the role of 'national treasure' - see Tony Benn and Nelson Mandela as well as Lydon. People who one offered something different are forced into becoming more acceptable - whether by changing their views or being shown to us in a false light - or being sent to the dogs.

- Should anyone think I'm some no voting lager-lout, I always vote even if it sometimes means spoiling my ballot, I just have no problems with those who don't vote.

My problem with Lydon's comments to the Guardian were that they boil down a complex argument, one recently hijacked by Brand, to the lowest common denominator which then ends up as empty as UKIP. No body is saying democracy doesn't work (not even Brand or Morrissey, I think) but that it doesn't work in its current form. Abstaining is never put forward as the answer, but as a way to spark change to the system and bring about a proportional voting system as well as a more decentralised democracy.
All that interview does for me is show the extent that old 'heroes' are forced into the role of 'national treasure' - see Tony Benn and Nelson Mandela as well as Lydon. People who one offered something different are forced into becoming more acceptable - whether by changing their views or being shown to us in a false light - or being sent to the dogs.

- Should anyone think I'm some no voting lager-lout, I always vote even if it sometimes means spoiling my ballot, I just have no problems with those who don't vote.

The problem with our politics is that to gain power our political parties seek financial favour from all and sundry and then represent those who paid for them to get into office rather than the population that they're supposed to represent. Proportional representation would go some way to making our politicians more answerable but in short they're corrupt and our system is corrupt. I see not voting - or preferably spoiling your paper - is a way of not throwing your support behind a party - whichever one you have a choice of voting for - which is corrupt and which will have been elected on the back of promises to powerful money men on the back of taking their money.

Anyway, back to John Lydon...

I always thought his message was a little mis-understood. Wasn't he all for autonomy rather than being a revolutionary?

"What he's preaching is a lifestyle of cardboard boxes.... down by the river.....from his mansion" Lydon's right. He looks pretty clear eyed to me.

He's right. Lydon is smarter than most people think.

I don't understand why Morrissey falls over himself to be friends with Brand.

He's right. Lydon is smarter than most people think.

I don't understand why Morrissey falls over himself to be friends with Brand.

I think Morrissey just loves the guy because he's charming and funny as hell. It's a mutual thing. Both of these men are intuitive artists, they feel more than they think. I love them both for that reason.

There's no perfect system out there, never has been. The choices always seem to be between oink and oink....I believe not voting is even worse. You've gotta participate on some level.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Morrissey just loves the guy because he's charming and funny as hell. It's a mutual thing. Both of these men are intuitive artists, they feel more than they think. I love them both for that reason.

There's no perfect system out there, never has been. The choices always seem to be between oink and oink....I believe not voting is even worse. You've gotta participate on some level.

Morrissey, knows Brand is a modern media force and uses him accordingly, see also Jonathan Ross
Morrissey and Brand aren't "Best Buddies ".
John Lydon speaks a hell of a lot more sense than brand or morrissey ever will. Morrissey knows he is talking shit but talks it to sell records.
The sex pistols in one lp were more revolutionary than The Smiths ever were. They were what morrissey wished to be but never could An English New York Dolls Dolls.

Brand is the biggest corporate whore going . Morrissey should stay well away but he won't as he is still as needy as he ever was. Another reason why he surrounds himself with thickos

Morrissey, knows Brand is a modern media force and uses him accordingly, see also Jonathan Ross
Morrissey and Brand aren't "Best Buddies ".
John Lydon speaks a hell of a lot more sense than brand or morrissey ever will. Morrissey knows he is talking shit but talks it to sell records.
The sex pistols in one lp were more revolutionary than The Smiths ever were. They were what morrissey wished to be but never could An English New York Dolls Dolls.

Brand is the biggest corporate whore going . Morrissey should stay well away but he won't as he is still as needy as he ever was. Another reason why he surrounds himself with thickos

The Pistols were never revolutionary and Lydon would give you a good telling off for saying they were.

This bit at the end of the article is annoying too - "Without proportional representation, new parties have no hope – and in its wisdom, the British public voted against even minor reform. Politics is never cool, because voting means opting for a least worst, never the imagined ideal." Let's be straight, we were offered possibly the worst kind of electoral system after a dictatorship. That's why the British public voted against it. Give us something sensible to vote for and I'm sure we would give it the go ahead.

Last edited:

Morrissey knows he is talking shit but talks it to sell records.

Yeah, that obviously makes total sense.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pistols were never revolutionary and Lydon would give you a good telling off for saying they were.
This is
This bit at the end of the article is annoying too - "Without proportional representation, new parties have no hope – and in its wisdom, the British public voted against even minor reform. Politics is never cool, because voting means opting for a least worst, never the imagined ideal." Let's be straight, we were offered possibly the worst kind of electoral system after a dictatorship. That's why the British public voted against it. Give us something sensible to vote for and I'm sure we would give it the go ahead.

I never said they were, I.was just saying they where more revolutionary than the smiths who weren't revolutionary at all.
Great but not revolutionary

Lydon's first autobiography, "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs" was very good. He covered everything in it, from childhood to PiL, so I'm not sure why there's need for a second autobiography, but if it's as interesting and forthcoming than "No Irish," I'm in.

Lydon's first autobiography, "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs" was very good. He covered everything in it, from childhood to PiL, so I'm not sure why there's need for a second autobiography, but if it's as interesting and forthcoming than "No Irish," I'm in.

To make money, perchance.

Geez, the spelling and grammar on here is awful tonight.

The first book stopped at the Pistols, I believe.

The new books starts from the beginning, but his childhood isn't covered as much and the book is in a different format. I'm only at the Pistols, but he harbours serious guilt for Sid.

To make money, perchance.

Geez, the spelling and grammar on here is awful tonight.

I don't think he's rolling in it. He did the butter commercial to pay for PIL to tour or record.

It's funny how morrissey always makes excuses for him. Don't think he would say a bad word about him.

Morrissey knows he is talking shit but talks it to sell records.

Yeah, that seems to be going exactly as planned. :rolleyes:

You really can't be serious. Come on now.

Did anyone watch the recent video interview with Jon Snow? Although I'm very mixed about Lydon, he is a genuine talent and says a whole lot more than shitpipes like Bono or Sting etc, it's nice to see a melodramatic media turd like Brand get put in his place by one of the Elder statesmen of Punk. The video interview ended on quite a poignant note with Lydon breaking down about his parents death which I found quite moving considering he puts on this hard icy front.

All in all I like Lydon.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom