John Lewis Christmas Ad 2018

What the f*** were they thinking?

I expect they were thinking it might help them shift some of the pianos they've apparently just started selling. I actually think it's brilliant, but of course when you realise they've just sliced up bits of the forthcoming Elton biopic it's slightly less clever than it first seems. Even so, it warmed my heart a little (and God knows we could all do with a bit of that right now).

I do think the Please Please Please... one from a few years back took some beating, though.

I expect they were thinking it might help them shift some of the pianos they've apparently just started selling. I actually think it's brilliant, but of course when you realise they've just sliced up bits of the forthcoming Elton biopic it's slightly less clever than it first seems. Even so, it warmed my heart a little (and God knows we could all do with a bit of that right now).

I do think the Please Please Please... one from a few years back took some beating, though.

Using their Christmas ads as a promotional tool for Elton's tour and the forthcoming Rocketman biopic is beyond lame.

Using their Christmas ads as a promotional tool for Elton's tour and the forthcoming Rocketman biopic is beyond lame.

I don't really have a view on that. I'm just judging it as a standalone promotional film - with its own narrative arc and production values - and I like it.

0CCBAE8E-E47A-4BB1-B9A4-0635246D342C.jpeg

I love Elton John, sure he's a nightmare, but I admire how much he's raised to fight Aids all over the world.

That is what I'll be thinking of when that lame f***ing ad comes on the box! :)

The only thing that's missing, is a Santa hat! Can someone photoshop a Santa hat onto Morrissey please?

Better yet, a tiny Santa hat on the 'M' of 'Morrissey'. Would look pretty classy!

Back
Top Bottom