John Hughes 1950-2009 RIP

I used to watch this scene over and over to see the Smiths poster in the background...I was a strange teenager:straightface:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to watch this scene over and over to see the Smiths poster in the background...I was a strange teenager:straightface:

Kind of thing i did, i used to rewind (vhs days) the art gallery scene in Ferris Bueller just to hear the instrumental Smiths cover.
That said i didn't really know anyone who liked The Smiths then, it's not like you could come here and share your passion and people would understand.
x

Kind of thing i did, i used to rewind (vhs days) the art gallery scene in Ferris Bueller just to hear the instrumental Smiths cover.
That said i didn't really know anyone who liked The Smiths then, it's not like you could come here and share your passion and people would understand.
x
*sigh* Twas tough times...!

well probably we were all strange teenagers (aren´t we now? strange, I am not teenager anymore:confused:) , I used to rewind in the VHS the part with "Please please please let me get what I want" and cry of course,

Used to rent the videos in the "video club" each weekend and watch them over and over. Soundtrack in his films were absolutely the exta touch, I discovered Altered Images and Oingo Boingo with Pretty in Pink:)

I loved his movies. I was born in 91', so being unimpressed with the movies in theatres nowadays, I would spend my time watching his cheesy bratpack movies that I loved instead. Like, The Breakfast club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink-because I apprecaited eighties culture and below so much more. Me and my friends adore those movies. The scene in Pretty in Pink where Molly Ringwald makes her own dress for her prom left an impression on me years before my own prom. So when prom came in April I did make my own dress from scratch. Well with help from my grandma and friend of course haha. Yeah, so his movies were just so great and so relatable!! I loved them soo!!

Back
Top Bottom