Jobriath: Girl of the Night

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had or knew where to get hold of the Jobriath demo "Girl of the night" from his proposed third lp. I have the other tracks: I love a Good Fight, Actor loves himself, Weightless, Ducky Lullabye, New York New York and Little Dreamer but can't find this track. Also are there any other demos from the third lp that I haven't got? Thanks.

Really poor quality as is my versions of the tracks you mention above (save I Love A Good Fight off course). Do you have them in good sound quality?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kjn8wy

Thanks so much!!!! I've been looking everywhere for this song! Is that all of the demos he did for the third lp? My versions of the songs aren't great (bar Good Fight), they're listenable but not sure if they will be better then your versions, I can send them to you if you want. Thanks again!

Then I suspect we have the same. Naturally better versions exist otherwise we wouldn't have I Love A Good Fight. I'd also very much would like to hear his version of Drive-In Saturday.

Yeah they probably are the same. I'm not sure if better versions do exist because Good Fight was obviously remastered for the Lonely Planet Boy compilation, just wish someone would remaster the other demos too. I didn't know he'd done a version of Drive in Saturday, that would be cool to hear.

Thank you very much Mikael!
I have been hunting for those Jobraith demos for aeons. Is there any possibility that you could post the other songs that you have, or could Creature of the Street post his? I would be eternally grateful. :)
Thank you both.

I think these demos are the same I have. I know there is a proper version of "Weightless Love" on a 2 track mixdown tape. Much better sounding than the demos here.
From these demos I have heard,(the ones mentioned above), sounds like his third album would of been great. I can't wait for Jobriath AD to finish being filmed.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Mikael.
But I got the stuff from Creature of the Street (Thanks again to him)
It's all excellent. How can this still be unreleased? :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom