Joan Rivers statement on TTY

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Chickpea, Sep 6, 2014.

By Chickpea on Sep 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM
  1. Chickpea

Chickpea pithy yet degenerate

Joan Rivers dies - true-to-you.net
    6 September 2014

Lately, death is insatiable. Thank God black goes with everything. When Kirk Douglas dies ... somebody, somewhere ... switch out the lights.

Morrissey
    6 September 2014
    Lublin, Poland.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Chickpea, Sep 6, 2014.

1. realitybites
      realitybites
      I suggested that hand in glove's comment that Robin Williams didn't look Jewish but instead looked Irish was ignorant. On two counts. Because there is no 'Jewish' look. You can be a Hispanic Jew from Spain, a black Ethiopian Jew, or a white New York Jew. Hardly a homogeneous group. Do some Jews from geographically or socially isolated groups share some common genes that manifest themselves as outward physical traits? Yes. But not all Jews have large noses--like the one you had up on offer. It is a stereotype.
    2. realitybites
      realitybites
      Love and attention from message board posters? Is that even possible? Doesn't seem likely. Love and attention from the people one has real in person relationships with is where it is at. Not all posters post for this love and attention you somehow think they seek. I think you are projecting here. Some do it for the thrill. To test/challenge their own abilities and boundaries and those of others. Try to wrap your head around that one. ;)

Hardly running you off am I?!
      Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    3. marred
      marred
      Well it's clearly obvious you know absolutely nothing about comedy.
    4. troubleluvsme
      troubleluvsme
      Regarding how Judaism is classified, this is an interesting article that I had previously read...and just dug up again after reading all these delightful comments in this thread.

DNA links prove Jews are a 'race,' says genetics expert

Conjuring fear of Nazism and anti-Semitism, Jews recoil from the thought that Judaism might be a race, but medical geneticist Harry Ostrer insists the 'biological basis of Jewishness' cannot be ignored.
      In his new book, “Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People,” Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist and professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, claims that Jews are different, and the differences are not just skin deep. Jews exhibit, he writes, a distinctive genetic signature. Considering that the Nazis tried to exterminate Jews based on their supposed racial distinctiveness, such a conclusion might be a cause for concern. But Ostrer sees it as central to Jewish identity.

“Who is a Jew?” has been a poignant question for Jews throughout our history. It evokes a complex tapestry of Jewish identity made up of different strains of religious beliefs, cultural practices and blood ties to ancient Palestine and modern Israel. But the question, with its echoes of genetic determinism, also has a dark side.

Geneticists have long been aware that certain diseases, from breast cancer to Tay-Sachs, disproportionately affect Jews. Ostrer, who is also director of genetic and genomic testing at Montefiore Medical Center, goes further, maintaining that Jews are a homogeneous group with all the scientific trappings of what we used to call a “race.”

link to the rest of the article.... http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world...jews-are-a-race-says-genetics-expert-1.428664
    5. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      I love a good train wreck so much I made it my avatar. You consistently deliver. Thank you. :bow:
    6. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      Again, what she said^^^^^!
    7. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      Why? Because I don't agree with you or particularly like Joan Rivers? Try to make a rational argument next time...
    8. keene
      keene
      So you are doing this for the thrill of testing and challenging the abilities and boundaries of your self and others. OK.

I'll remember that the next time you tell someone to stop trolling you...."...you horrible monster of a human being.".....I guess your boundary was tested and reached.

Anyway, it seems that these interesting discussions always occur when Morrissey sends one of his Dark Little Darts from True to You.....very cool.

I'll go shave my head now....
    9. Chickpea
      Chickpea
      I always thought your avatar was two coffins (purple and red) with white crosses on them.
    10. realitybites
      realitybites
      Yes, I enter these discussions to challenge myself and others to think. Seems noble enough to me.

Take your time.
    11. keene
      keene
      Yeah....it keeps the old brain cells charged. Just try not to alienate everyone in the process....

I always take my time for that.....and other things as well. Nick name....Slowhand.
    12. realitybites
      realitybites
      Thing is, I don't care if I alienate anyone. I am not trying to get anyone to like me. That is the difference between myself and many--both online and IRL. I simply don't care what most people think. Those who I like and respect and share worldviews with DO like me. That is all that matters to me and my life. I don't let fear of dissent and making enemies keep me from sharing my strong, unpopular opinions. You should try it sometime. Very liberating--to not give a shit about being liked. I was raised to think; not to please. Thanks Mom.:)

TMI.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Uh... Can we get back on topic?
    14. Mozza220559
      Mozza220559
      When you crack your knuckles and log on at 8am you don't challenge people or have organic normal conversations, you bore people or annoy them with your overbearing smothering android logic. Your self righteous old lady spunk is fly tipped everywhere on here, you make problems out of nothing, create tension and generally bring the fucking atmos down.
    15. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Really? Oh shit, time to start thinking about rebranding my CG line. It's an illustration from the California Department of Motor Vehicles Driver's License Exam Test. It's a yellow car properly waiting for the train to pass and blue car trying to beat the train.
    16. realitybites
      realitybites
      If I hadn't been posting in this thread it would have waned hours ago. You can never hold court. You are a clown with cliched one-liners. I have never once witnessed you having an ongoing in-depth conversation on any thread. If you bore easy--well you know what they say--means you are boring. Interesting people are never bored--they can entertain themselves.
    17. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      [​IMG]
    18. Mozza220559
      Mozza220559
      Yeah you're right, you're a hoot.
    19. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      She's so boring she's President of the Replace KY Committee.
    20. keene
      keene
      Yes...and now I'm going to entertain myself and my bride and watch "Lonely are the Brave" with Kirk Douglas.

I'll probably be just as sad as Morrissey when old Kirk bites the ground.....In fact I already am.