Joan Rivers statement on TTY

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Chickpea, Sep 6, 2014.

By Chickpea on Sep 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM
  1. Chickpea

Chickpea pithy yet degenerate

Joan Rivers dies - true-to-you.net
    6 September 2014

Lately, death is insatiable. Thank God black goes with everything. When Kirk Douglas dies ... somebody, somewhere ... switch out the lights.

Morrissey
    6 September 2014
    Lublin, Poland.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Chickpea, Sep 6, 2014.

1. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Genius.
    2. ACTON
      ACTON
      That would explain something that struck me a few days ago: I was in my local city library and was annoyed at the haphazard approach to alphabetising books. It was more of a mash up really. Perhaps the librarian was up to his neck writing paradise lost type essays for Moz-Solo.
    3. realitybites
      realitybites
      Nature will find a way. Are you familiar with the concept reproductive fitness?

He claims he chooses to be bald--he shaves his head. Did you miss that? Or do you think he is lying?
      Lucky for me you did! That is brilliant. Though you spelled Maltesers wrong. Ah... but I can see why... MalTEASErs. Teasing me with those maltballs. I love Maltesers, btw.

[​IMG]
    4. keene
      keene
      I love librarians....female librarians.
    5. realitybites
      realitybites
    6. keene
      keene
      Yes indeed. You got the look.

I posted a tiny photo on my profile pic.. Taken by my six yr ol granddaughter. I think I look like a cool grave digger.
    7. realitybites
      realitybites
      Heck yeah you do--especially with those strong, grave-digging arms! :thumb:
    8. evennow
      evennow
      Thanks Keene. I watched Hesher last night, and it blew me away. I love these independent movies. Never knowing where the story line will take you. The best part was that there wasn't any real violence. I am not a shoot-em-up, blood splatter kind of guy. Since you were so kind..might I recommend a movie entitled "Love Liza" circa 2002 starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Kathy Bates. I think this movie parallels Hesher in many ways. I would be interested in your thoughts if you are able to see it.
    9. keene
      keene
      You're welcome. You're right, not really any violence on screen but the violence that shattered the family (offscreen) happens every day on the roads all over this country.

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw "Love Liza" and really enjoyed it. Excellent acting and yes the story does parallel Hesher. It's so hard when loved ones are destroyed and taken from us. There was dark humor in both movies, Love Liza was much darker.

....Best to you.
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014