Jo Strummer was lined up to produce Maladjusted (new Word magazine)

Maurice E

This is the claim in Morrissey's new sleeve notes which have been reproduced (in full) in the new issue of Word.
The Southpaw notes are quite interesting but for Maladjusted he just bangs on and on (and on) about the court case, perhaps not surprisingly.
Alongside Morrissey's sleevenotes, Word does its own write up of the re-releases which is pretty glowing.
Then, oddly, in the reviews section there's a formal assessment of the albums which is pretty dismissive (describing the three 'new' songs on Southpaw as underwhelming, or words to that effect).
Apologies if old news (and, mods, please merge).

just remembered another thing.
apparently, Maladjusted was going to be called 'Ambitious Outsiders' but then Moz changed his mind at the very last minute!

This is the claim in Morrissey's new sleeve notes which have been reproduced (in full) in the new issue of Word.
The Southpaw notes are quite interesting but for Maladjusted he just bangs on and on (and on) about the court case, perhaps not surprisingly.
Alongside Morrissey's sleevenotes, Word does its own write up of the re-releases which is pretty glowing.
Then, oddly, in the reviews section there's a formal assessment of the albums which is pretty dismissive (describing the three 'new' songs on Southpaw as underwhelming, or words to that effect).
Apologies if old news (and, mods, please merge).

I thought I remember something being posted to the main page years ago that Strummer was approached to produce Southpaw.

Interesting that they reproduce the liner notes in full. That's a great coup for those who are not planning to shell out for the remasters....yet bad for those of us who are and would like the thrill of reading his notes when we rip off the shrinkwrap.

I think, if anything, the context makes the unreleased songs on SG "underwhelming." I very much agree with Stephane (over in the SG and Maladjusted reissue thread) that they should have been separated from the main track listing - or, better yet, all of the Miraval sessions should have been a separate disc. Perhaps this will be the "Legacy" edition which inevitably be released in another -x- years as seems to be the pattern for most remasters programs.

Cheers,
Jamie

Would anyone like scans of these?

I find it odd that Word would do all this after the legal action last year, and the subsequent apology for Quantick's vitriol.

Peter

I find it odd that Word would do all this after the legal action last year, and the subsequent apology for Quantick's vitriol.

Peter

Yes please!

With the crazy tracklisting no one's going to buy it anyway :)

Peter

Of course we would

Slightly uncomfortable with this, as many will be looking forward to reading the full notes on release, but since Word have gone and done it...

jpx0k5.jpg

2cxj61k.jpg

jg3vwo.jpg

Peter

He does like a moan,doesn't he?
Still harping on about "injustice" :crazy:
"For British justice to be seen to be done ,someone must be treated unjustly...The British courts are principally a process of intimidation and harassment to exhaust you and relieve you of money."

What a fool.

Last edited:
"For British justice to be seen to be done ,someone must be treated unjustly...The British courts are principally a process of intimidation and harassment to exhaust you and relieve you of money."

That pretty much sums up he and his record companies' treatment of the fans, what with all of these reissues, haphazardly-planned tours, canceled shows, etc.

That pretty much sums up he and his record companies' treatment of the fans, what with all of these reissues, haphazardly-planned tours, canceled shows, etc.

Exactly, 3 versions of your new single with absolutely nothing new on them. And then you expect us to buy them!

And not a word about the actual music on Maladjusted and why 2 songs were brutally aborted from it. The man is clearly losing it...

Great expectations

Don't forget, the man is a genius in anti climax.
Expect nothing & you will get all.

I thought the liner notes to SG printed at A. Luis side mentioned "tensions between the band members". Are these Word excerpts really the full liner notes?

Last edited:
Exactly, 3 versions of your new single with absolutely nothing new on them. And then you expect us to buy them!

And not a word about the actual music on Maladjusted and why 2 songs were brutally aborted from it. The man is clearly losing it...

Well, it may be that Word didn't print everything from the notes. The design information from Noallegiances, certianly the second picture contains info not in the Word notes. Remember, Word are pissed off at Morrissey, for the threat of legal action. Of course they are going to print the notes that make things look bad. Like always, wait until the CD is released, then we'll get the full picture.

Peter

Maybe I'm a bit stronger than most Morrissey fans but I've never felt intimidated or harrassed into buying a reissue or a ticket for a tour. In fact, I won't be buying these re-releases.

Must say, Linder sounds like she pokes her nose in where it's not wanted. She should keep her mouth shut.

Linder

Maybe I'm a bit stronger than most Morrissey fans but I've never felt intimidated or harrassed into buying a reissue or a ticket for a tour. In fact, I won't be buying these re-releases.

Must say, Linder sounds like she pokes her nose in where it's not wanted. She should keep her mouth shut.

As we know that Linder is one of the few people Morrissey trusts.
I don't think she should keep her mouth shut.

maybe i'm a bit stronger than most morrissey fans but i've never felt intimidated or harrassed into buying a reissue or a ticket for a tour. In fact, i won't be buying these re-releases.

b i n g o

And I will happily buy both of these.

Re: Linder

As we know that Linder is one of the few people Morrissey trusts.
I don't think she should keep her mouth shut.

I dunno...
Telling Moz that Joe Stummer doesn't deserve to produce the album because he smokes reefer? :crazy: Maladjusted could have used a bit of billy budd. "Don't leave us in the dark", Give us a light!

Back
Top Bottom