Jo Brand writing a book about Morrissey fans

SRA

the queen is still ill
Apologies if its cropped up on here before.

Was reading one of those 'Last week I...watched/listened to/read' sections in the media section in The Independent on monday and under the 'Last week I read' section she put "Im writing a book about Morrissey fans at the moment so ive been reading a few Morrissey websites".

Does anyone else know anything about this? What it's called, when it's due etc.? Did a quick google search which didnt return anything. Any idea?

Was reading one of those 'Last week I...watched/listened to/read' sections in the media section in The Independent on monday and under the 'Last week I read' section she put "Im writing a book about Morrissey fans at the moment so ive been reading a few Morrissey websites".

Does anyone else know anything about this? What it's called, when it's due etc.? Did a quick google search which didnt return anything. Any idea?

This could be the book of the year! (Sorry Phill!)

Peter

Mmm...I've noticed someone's spying on the forums lately, it could be Jo Brand...LOL :D

I saw her on that "Play It Again" programme and she said that she was in the middle of writing a book. I wondered then whether it was this she was talking about, now Im guessing that it probably was.

Moz will be pleased, he really likes Jo Brand as does every right thinking person.

Perhaps Jo Brand is actually Kumo, here to fish for material.

If so she's been doing years of research. Kumo has been popping up here for a while. I think he's just about got to the point where he's become a forum joke again, time for him to go away for a bit until he can think up another name?

Should be an interesting read should it ever end up released. Although I'm not a particular fan of Brand as she is generally too vulgar for my gentle sensabilites :eek:

Should be an interesting read should it ever end up released. Although I'm not a particular fan of Brand as she is generally too vulgar for my gentle sensabilites :eek:

yes, far too vulgar a lot of the time. She was on Graham Nortons show the other day, you cant get much more vulgar than that :eek:

She usually looks like she's in need of a good wash as well

yes, far too vulgar a lot of the time. She was on Graham Nortons show the other day, you cant get much more vulgar than that :eek:

Geez i hate Graham Norton-gives camp a bad name.

finally! i will get my 15 minutes of fame!

....and i would show it to absolutely nobody i know out of shame.

very sensible, being so downright rude about someone who could well be commenting on YOU in a book:mad:

A book about Morrissey fans by Jo Brand?? Please no....I can't think of anything worse.

One of the most unoriginal, unsavoury and above all unfunny "comedians" to ever come out of Britain, and really saying something!

Please tell me this is a wind-up

jo brand is a wonderful human being , i absolutely adore her and everything she's ever done.
i have no problem with her being vulgar.
i love and have tons of respect for this woman.
what is wrong with young people nowadays, so reactionary it's scares the hell out of me !!!!!!!!!!

Jo Brand is a lovely woman. Whenever I see her on TV she stands out as a diamond among the rest. I think what distinguishes her from other celebrities is her honesty. There's nothing false about her.

I agree wholeheartedly...Jo Brand is fantastic and reading about the possibilty of a book by her has me very excited.

Sorry who's Jo Brand and can someone post a picture, she sounds interesting?
:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Brand

The part i find most interesting is that she used to be a psychiatric nurse.

Coincidence that she's researching websites that have BG's and Freeyourself's insanity? you be the judge.

hmm... a book about - err... us?
well... i am not so sure thats a good thing.

when the la times put the story "moz the cat" up on the net, a few youtube videos went up that were posted by one of our dallows...

and the next thing you know, the best youtube channel is disabled because of all the attention and we can no longer enjoy those videos.

i think we are doing just fine in the dark.

but thats just me... i am sure she is a lovely person and all that... and if it makes mozza happy then good... but gosh... how many curious eyes could it point in this direction... just curious folk who want to see the degree of - whatever this is -
no thank you.

i have to admit that my adoration for Morrissey is somewhat of an enigma - even to me. My heart is in it... but my mind sometimes turns to me and says... "this is the definition of imbalance." my mind is sometimes embarrassed.

I am 30 years old and I am driving to Northampton - thats 3 hours each way - to see Morrissey. . . its not the first time i have driven that far to see Morrissey live... oh no...
and...
I am undoubtedly going to get to the Borgata show early and try to be front row... fighting and hustling up in the front... just for air and some footing...

I nearly lost a finger trying to get a bit of that shirt in 92... I slept on the street in nyc - patiently waiting to meet Morrissey - not for hours... no, for days, furthermore, after meeting him and hugging him and whatnot... I was happy... walking on cloud 9 back to my house - In other words, it may have all looked off balance... but boy was it worth it!
however -
I was 16 then :/
I should have - I was supposed to grow out of it... but no.
some things are not a phase.
still...
now, its nearly embarrassing. not quite. but if i had any real capacity for embarrassment over these things... this would definitely qualify as a good trigger for that emotion.

the adoration and devotion that this man generates is nearly religious and its inexplicable and incredible how one could feel a protective love and devotion toward somebody they have never really met (tower records signings do not count for meeting!)

Do I want people to question, witness, read about, pry into, investigate, try to explain that?

no, i do not. Because I am pretty sure many of the people here are highly developed and intelligent folk... and we cannot explain it ourselves.

if it is mearly an illustration - fine... but how can you write a book without triggering the curious media minded people/approach? these days?

there is nothing wrong with investigating facts and news stories... but this kind of phenomenon is simply inexplicable... and i do not know that it can be done in an honest way.

i think the videos of the live performances speak for themselves.

VIVA MOZ.

Back
Top Bottom