JM's Morrissey Bootleg of the Day: 7.5.2004, Kristiansand, Quart Festival

(Copied from the website, "Passions Just Like Mine")

5 July 2004
Quart Festival, Kristiansand, Norway

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Shakespeare's Sister
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
Let Me Kiss You
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
The Headmaster Ritual
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
I Have Forgiven Jesus
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
First Of The Gang To Die
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
All The Lazy Dykes
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
Rubber Ring
Subway Train/Everyday Is Like Sunday
I'm Not Sorry
/Irish Blood, English Heart

Morrissey's appearance at the Quart Festival in Norway went down very well. Morrissey was in great spirits and very talkative, and the crowd's reaction was reasonably interested, given the mix of people with different musical tastes. The setlist was the same as it had been and would be for the last two weeks of the festival circuit. The stage was too distant and high, so no one made it up there.

Morrissey came on stage singing the intro of A-Ha's 80's hit "The Sun Always Shines On TV", to many fans' surprise: "Touch me, how can it be, believe me, the sun never shines in Kristiansand!". He thanked the audience for "You Are The Quarry" making it at #5 in the Norwegian Album Chart.

Morrissey seemed to have a fixation on A-Ha, because after introducing the lads, he introduced himself as Morten (Harket, the band's lead singer). In fact he mentioned Norway quite a lot, telling people, for example "Don't ever move!". "All The Lazy Dykes" was introduced as "All The Lazy Fjords!" At some point he enquired "Any requests?" and then launched into "Rubber Ring". He also had the usual chit chat with front row regular Julia Riley. This time he asked her if she was saddle-sore. She tried at that point to give him a letter, but he couldn't reach her hand, so a security man had to act as a middle-man.

Morrissey also had a discussion with someone from Stretford, England, which is the area of Manchester where he grew up. The man said "The Stretford boys are here", which prompted Morrissey to ask "Who's from Stretford, I don't believe you, where do you live?". The man answered "Derbyshire Lane" so Morrissey replied "Oh, the pressure".

The full concert was recorded and broadcast on Norwegian radio NRK P3. "Let Me Kiss You" was shown on Norway television and webcast on the Quart festival website.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1V5I279P

Thank you very much, my sig's been edited quite a bit lately.

thank you, thank you, thank you..did you notice are there three missing songs. i know its gonna, im not sorry and irish blood

You know, I didn't! But you're right, sadly... Apologies... :) :( :)

You're more than welcome, though. You too Sir Bob!

Were the missing songs broadcast?

Does anyone have them?

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Pleasure... :)

Sure you deserve it, shoey... :)

Back
Top Bottom