Jim Kerr: Morrissey truly unique

Brief Moz mention in this interview:

Excerpt:

You could see the ingredients of Simple Minds – Magazine and Ultravox – but people like Boy George or Morrissey were truly unique. There was this idea of self-invention, the potency of imagination.”

Last edited by a moderator:
jim kerr is a very good songwriter,good glasgow boy and also a big celtic fan like myself.
simple minds are actually playing glasgow on wednesday night,still going strong after 40 years.

Brief Moz mention in this interview:

Excerpt:

You could see the ingredients of Simple Minds – Magazine and Ultravox – but people like Boy George or Morrissey were truly unique. There was this idea of self-invention, the potency of imagination.”
Boy George is pretty funny on twitter.

jim kerr is a very good songwriter,good glasgow boy and also a big celtic fan like myself.
simple minds are actually playing glasgow on wednesday night,still going strong after 40
I saw Moz in Glasgow Barrowlands a couple of years before Quarry came out and it was one of the best Moz concerts ever.

I saw Moz in Glasgow Barrowlands a couple of years before Quarry came out and it was one of the best Moz concerts ever.
is that the one where someone throws a pint and M says if he does that again will somebody wop him,that was my first bootleg from the barras market,fantastic gig.

is that the one where someone throws a pint and M says if he does that again will somebody wop him,that was my first bootleg from the barras market,fantastic gig.
That's the one. I was sure the concert was over right there. I was to left of middle. Thrower was in middle and hit Moz point blank in top of head. Luckily plastic pints. Upended all over Moz, down his hair, face, back, chest. I think the audience threw a few punches at the scumbag. Moz carried on and delivered an amazing concert. Probably the best Moz concert I've been to. Moz was really putting the effort in. I got the bus back to Edinburgh a very happy Moz fan (I lived in Edinburgh for around two years back then). The amazing SACK were support band (from Dublin).

Setlist:

I Want the One I Can't Have
Suedehead
Little Man, What Now?
Hairdresser on Fire
Speedway
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I Like You
Alsatian Cousin
Sister I'm a Poet
Meat Is Murder
November Spawned a Monster
Hand in Glove
Irish Blood, English Heart
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

That's the one. I was sure the concert was over right there. I was to left of middle. Thrower was in middle and hit Moz point blank in top of head. Luckily plastic pints. Upended all over Moz, down his hair, face, back, chest. I think the audience threw a few punches at the scumbag. Moz carried on and delivered an amazing concert. Probably the best Moz concert I've been to. Moz was really putting the effort in. I got the bus back to Edinburgh a very happy Moz fan (I lived in Edinburgh for around two years back then). The amazing SACK were support band (from Dublin).

Setlist:

Suedehead
Little Man, What Now?
Hairdresser on Fire
Speedway
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I Like You
Alsatian Cousin
Sister I'm a Poet
Meat Is Murder
Hand in Glove
yeah acton,was a seriously good gig.when you hear i like you it is a bit faster than the album version,was a bit disappointed when i heard the album version.

yeah acton,was a seriously good gig.when you hear i like you it is a bit faster than the album version,was a bit disappointed when i heard the album version.
I thought the same! Similar comment for The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores.

I once told Jim Kerr he looked very becoming in his running shorts. He took it well. :lbf:

Setlist:

Suedehead
Little Man, What Now?
Hairdresser on Fire
Speedway
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I Like You
Alsatian Cousin
Sister I'm a Poet
Meat Is Murder
Hand in Glove
Not that's a Morrissey setlist (y)

Can you remember the year? I saw him at Brixton with a similar setlist if memory serves me. Was it 2002?

Simple Minds and Level 42 are actually the same band. They've been cleverly hiding it for years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom