Jill Krajewski comments re: Morrissey on Twitter.

I don't like her comments, but it's not helpful to send abusive emails. She will simply hate him more because his fans sent abusive emails.
Who said anyone was a fan of Morrissey? It has nothing to do with Morrissey per se. As a musical journalist that works for Spin and Pitchfork among others, it is simply unacceptable to wish death on an artist that you dislike given the dangers of modern society. If she would have said the same thing about any other artist it deserves a response. Is this the type of people that Spin and Pitchfork put forth as their writers?

Who said anyone was a fan of Morrissey? It has nothing to do with Morrissey per se. As a musical journalist that works for Spin and Pitchfork among others, it is simply unacceptable to wish death on an artist that you dislike given the dangers of modern society. If she would have said the same thing about any other artist it deserves a response. Is this the type of people that Spin and Pitchfork put forth as their writers?

Unless the email says otherwise, she will assume only a fan would bother.

And it would be more effective if points were made clearly, but politely.

Wow. And she pretends she has the high ground on the “violent right wing rethoric”… whilst wishing death on someone.
Some people just have zero self awareness…

I think some would forgive her if it was said in jest, with humor. I detect none of that in her comment.

Unless the email says otherwise, she will assume only a fan would bother.

And it would be more effective if points were made clearly, but politely.
I think your second point is very valid, if one were writing for example to Spin and Pitchfork. Which might be a good idea to do.

She’s just a blindly hateful person, I’m not sure trying to change her mind is worth anyone’s time. And she kinda deserves abuse for writing something like that, honestly.

Agreed. It violates Twitter's rules, so I've reported her for what it's worth. Suggest maybe others do the same, better to keep it behind closed doors than giving her the martyrhood she seems to desire or the notoriety she craves by piggybacking on Morrissey's name. Much more satisfying to deny her the cheap negative profile she's going for and complain through the correct official channels without making it all public. It may also be worth a polite, but firm email to Spin and Pitchfork.

Worrying that such a horrible person actually works for high profile music publications like Pitchfork and Spin... How deeply music journalism has fallen.
Nothing much new I’m afraid. Music journalism has always been a place for some disturbingly self-important and hateful characters.
Back when John Lennon was shot dead, one of these characters went ahead and made a very similar comment about how it should have been Paul McCartney instead…

I think your second point is very valid, if one were writing for example to Spin and Pitchfork. Which might be a good idea to do.

She’s just a blindly hateful person, I’m not sure trying to change her mind is worth anyone’s time. And she kinda deserves abuse for writing something like that, honestly.

It's not as hopeless as it might seem.

She's attacking him because in her world he's bad & it makes her look good. Her status is elevated.

If you point out that he's not bad & her words don't look good, it lowers her status. And that matters in her world.

And Morrissey himself said, when Reagan died in 2004, that it was a shame it wasn't the current president (Bush) who died. He's said similar things about Thatcher (IRA bomb), Tony Blair's head kicked around instead of a football, shooting Trump if he ever had the chance etc. Morrissey is a thick skinned, two fisted hombre (olé). He welcomes us all to this knockabout world. If you're gonna run home and cry, then don't waste his time. Journalists who lie do not matter, nobody cares if they die, but without music the world dies. Hateful attention is better than no attention, I think Oscar Wilde said something similar.

but will an apology then be posted?

It seems you’re giving this person a pass (?) and we clearly see why she and others make these kind of comments, but that’s no reason to condone such behavior.

I'm definitely condemning her behaviour!

I just think it should be done in a way that doesn't give her more ammunition.

(I know it's difficult though - it's natural to get angry.)

Im not sure why people are dredging the internet to find edgy comments, Morrissey has said plenty of those himself over the years. No 'side' is immune to saying brutal, personal stuff about people they despise.
Because, yet again, a good few people on here don't actually care that Andy Rourke is dead. They just use it as an opportunity to set up their stalls: the "I hate Morrissey, no matter what, and I SWEAR I hate him, despite me coming here every day" camp vs the "Morrissey is the greatest, he is THE PERFECT HUMAN and he never says anything wrong, EVER" camp. Both just a set of clowns, vying for attention.

Because, yet again, a good few people on here don't actually care that Andy Rourke is dead. They just use it as an opportunity to set up their stalls: the "I hate Morrissey, no matter what, and I SWEAR I hate him, despite me coming here every day" camp vs the "Morrissey is the greatest, he is THE PERFECT HUMAN and he never says anything wrong, EVER" camp. Both just a set of clowns, vying for attention.

Yeah, it's a bit weird to me.
Why kick up a fuss and switch attention from his nice tribute to Andy back on to the- Morrissey the right wing bigot stuff. Are people not getting enough of that every other week.

Agreed. It violates Twitter's rules, so I've reported her for what it's worth. Suggest maybe others do the same, better to keep it behind closed doors than giving her the martyrhood she seems to desire or the notoriety she craves by piggybacking on Morrissey's name. Much more satisfying to deny her the cheap negative profile she's going for and complain through the correct official channels without making it all public. It may also be worth a polite, but firm email to Spin and Pitchfork.
How many guidelines for ethical journalism drawn up by the Society for Professional Journalism has this egotistical pretender also failed to follow? https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Twitter sent me the e-mail that she didn’t violate Twitter rules…I hope if more people report her, they will change their minds. But then she is “important” as well as her toxic opinions

Twitter sent me the e-mail that she didn’t violate Twitter rules…I hope if more people report her, they will change their minds. But then she is “important” as well as her toxic opinions
Well done for trying - that's so frustrating. Especially when it clearly is in violation of their rules

Wishes of Harm

You may not wish, hope, or express desire for harm. This includes (but is not limited to) hoping for others to die, suffer illnesses, tragic incidents, or experience other physically harmful consequences.

And Morrissey himself said, when Reagan died in 2004, that it was a shame it wasn't the current president (Bush) who died. He's said similar things about Thatcher (IRA bomb), Tony Blair's head kicked around instead of a football, shooting Trump if he ever had the chance etc.
Wishing Johnny Rogan death in three separate statements - in variously an M3 pile-up, a hotel fire, and being devoured by a pack of German Shepherd dogs also comes to mind. At least Moz was mildly amusing when he wished death on someone.

Back
Top Bottom