JGFT YT: "Cornelius Carr talks about his career, British World Titles, Morrissey music video & his new book." (December 13, 2022)

Screenshot_20221213-174037.png

Related item as appears interviews are promoting his Autobiography:

20221213_175003.jpg

FWD.

Could you let us know what CC said?
I think what I heard was that he was at a boxing match, and someone said that Morrissey wanted to meet him. So Morrissey came to the dressing room to meet him, and CC ended up in the Boxers video, and his picture was on the drum kit. He agreed with the interviewer that Morrissey likes boxers. The interviewer was clearly a Morrissey fan.

CC also said what Turkey quoted above.

Carr also said that he fought Collins in Point (now the Three Arena) in Dublin and he was later told Moz was there front row but Carr didn't see him. Moz had played with Bowie the night before in The Point. I was at that concert and Moz was excellent and looked & sounded great. That was the 1.Outside/Southpaw tour where Moz opened for Bowie.

Carr also said he only heard recently that his photo had been used as backdrop and on drum cover for the Boxers mini-tour. I found that mad cos I'd have assumed he'd have been invited to attend some of those concerts. I'm trying to remember but I think the Southpaw image of Kenny Lane was used for the Moz/Bowie concert in The Point.

I think I've asked this before and forgotten the answer but is that Carr on the cover of Southpaw Grammar?

Carr also said that he fought Collins in Point (now the Three Arena) in Dublin and he was later told Moz was there front row but Carr didn't see him. Moz had played with Bowie the night before in The Point. I was at that concert and Moz was excellent and looked & sounded great. That was the 1.Outside/Southpaw tour where Moz opened for Bowie.

Carr also said he only heard recently that his photo had been used as backdrop and on drum cover for the Boxers mini-tour. I found that mad cos I'd have assumed he'd have been invited to attend some of those concerts. I'm trying to remember but I think the Southpaw image of Kenny Lane was used for the Moz/Bowie concert in The Poin
This
This concert was great, you are right. This memory means a lot to me. It's the last concert I went to with my first wife, before she died.
She was a huge bowie fan, I'm more of a M fan. Though I'm not stupid enough to not think Bowie is the best there has been.

Thanks for the post. Made me cry like a biatch

Carr also said he only heard recently that his photo had been used as backdrop and on drum cover for the Boxers mini-tour. I found that mad cos I'd have assumed he'd have been invited to attend some of those concerts. I'm trying to remember but I think the Southpaw image of Kenny Lane was used for the Moz/Bowie concert in The Point.
a friend, well he used to be a fecking friend used to know JW's bird.
According to JW M knew feck all about football or boxing. It really was a case of M trying to be like JW (not sure why, he seemed like a right little prick the two times I met him)

I remember the CD sleeve from World of Morrissey (original mid 90s version) with Carr on the cover. It had a beautiful almost metallic sheen to it, in this silvery yet golden green color. To the eyes, Carr's face completely rose off the cover, and it felt different to the touch as well compared to other more smooth/glossier CD sleeves at the time. I was proud to own it.

I remember the CD sleeve from World of Morrissey (original mid 90s version) with Carr on the cover. It had a beautiful almost metallic sheen to it, in this silvery yet golden green color. To the eyes, Carr's face completely rose off the cover, and it felt different to the touch as well compared to other more smooth/glossier CD sleeves at the time. I was proud to own it.
Yeah the vinyl looked and felt like that too. It was a stellar job.

38 fights, 34 wins, 17 knockouts. What a career.
Apparently the backdrop at the Dublin show was indeed Carr.

Backdrop
Kenny Lane from the "Southpaw Grammar" cover, except for the first show, Dublin and Exeter where the Boxers tour photo of Cornelius Carr was used

This concert was great, you are right. This memory means a lot to me. It's the last concert I went to with my first wife, before she died.
She was a huge bowie fan, I'm more of a M fan. Though I'm not stupid enough to not think Bowie is the best there has been.

Thanks for sharing that memory. It is amazing how music more than any other medium links to emotional memories in the brain. The memory of that night in Dublin must indeed mean a lot to you.
I was at the Saturday night (18th Nov) of the Wembley Arena shows. It is a long time ago clearly, but there was a real feeling that Moz wasn't enjoying himself that night. It may have been something to do with his mood at the time - was he struggling with depression during that tour? It may have been something to do with the venue - Wembley Arena was an enormous, horrible, soulless venue with kiosks everywhere selling Coca Cola and hotdogs. The audience were mostly there to see Bowie, so the majority of the crowd watched Moz's performance in sullen silence. And there was no encore, of course. The audience only woke up when Bowie came on. Bowie the show man 'put on a show' as you would expect him to.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss but glad you have great memories of the concert.
Wishing you all the best.

Going a few rounds with this story was refreshing. What other celebrity singers swerve to immerse themselves for a while in the world of whack-packers?!

All I can add to this is I once went to a boxing match at York Hall, around the time the video was shot and yrs later it was just round the corner from my ex's flat, who used to do some kind of keep fit there. It probably wasn't worth mentioning....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom