Jesus and Mary Chain on Letterman tonight

Ooh, thank you!! That should be worth staying up late for.

P.S. Do you think they'll show up trashed, or are they too old/mature for that now?

OK, so I stayed up way past my bedtime last night to check in on the Reid brothers, and see how they're getting on in life. They were good! A few observations:

1. They did not appear to be trashed at all, but they sang about it. One of the lyrics went like, "Each drug I take, it's gonna be my last; each day I wake up, it's gonna be my last." Ah, those cheery Scots.
2. The criticism I'd heard of the J&M Chain is that they cannot duplicate that powerful wall of fuzz sound live. Not quite true in this case: they sounded very strong. Got a good reaction from the audience and the host. Jim acknowledged the audience twice, thanking them with a raised arm. Never saw him do that before.
3. How do they look? Jim has very short hair now, and a mildly receding hairline. He looks his age. William has put on some weight, and has gone the Robert Smith route of wearing a big jersey. He still has long curly hair; he wore sunglasses and kept his head down (ha!) and focused on his guitar.

Sorry if this little review is unfocused, I'm very sleepy today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom