Jesse has improved as a guitarist. Agreed?

Jesse has improved as a guitarist. Agreed?

• What are you on about? He was always good!

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • He lacked before, but yes, he's improved!

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • He's a bit better, but still no Alain.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Not sure whether he has, but I don't care for him as a band member.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No, he's as cack-handed as ever.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's gotten worse!

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
He just ...appeared man.

I know, it was weird. And yesterday a Snorlax appeared is Galleria Miscellania, too, out of NOWHERE. I don't know what the heck is going on around here all of the sudden, but it's really freakin' me out.

You can find clips to prove the opposite, too. A few months ago someone posted a comparison of Jesse doing the Fatty solo recently and last year -- much better now.
And I really don't know how you can deny the new rendition of First of the Gang isn't better than any version Jesse did previously, but again it's opinion.

The second choice on the poll was written as a positive one (not damning faint praise). And 2nd place "Not sure whether he has..." choice was actually written for people who don't care about how good or bad he is but simply don't like him. But of course the choices can be interpreted freely.

I demand you post a YouTube clip of this 'new' FOTGTD version. I'm sick to death of the song personally, stopped enjoying it live in about 2006 or something and whenever I hear it on the radio I zone out.

EDIT: Forgot to say please and thank you in advance

I demand you post a YouTube clip of this 'new' FOTGTD version. I'm sick to death of the song personally, stopped enjoying it live in about 2006 or something and whenever I hear it on the radio I zone out.

Do your eyes go wonky?

Sorry, but I think the majority of the 32 people who voted Jesse was always good are basically "havin' a laugh".

The bar for measuring "improvement" in musicianship was set between the Kill Uncle tour and the Your Arsenal tour.

That is what stepping to the plate means. Maybe Jesse needs to go back and review.

people do a lot of crazy things for love
so, given that hypothetical, maybe we could just lay off this guy, OK
please, in the name of love

Last edited:
Fan overheard in 1986: "Oh my God, wasn't Johnny Marr amazing? His guitar playing in 'I Know It's Over' was just...beautiful!"

Fan overheard in 2012: "Oh my God, wasn't Jesse amazing? He made it through the entire set without a goof".

The bar seems to have been lowered...

;)

:) took the words right out of my mouth.

Even if he has (he hasn't, really) improved as a guitarist, what does that say? Morrissey can't write music, he needs a composer. Granted, Morrissey can make gold from straw where vocal melodies are concerned but I think at this point he not only needs a competent guitarist (I'll say that Jessie is competent) but he needs someone gifted...someone who can compose, not just play well.

Even if he has (he hasn't, really) improved as a guitarist, what does that say? Morrissey can't write music, he needs a composer. Granted, Morrissey can make gold from straw where vocal melodies are concerned but I think at this point he not only needs a competent guitarist (I'll say that Jessie is competent) but he needs someone gifted...someone who can compose, not just play well.

It says the next album, whenever it comes, is going to be 12 different songs that all sound like "I'm OK By Myself"...

It says the next album, whenever it comes, is going to be 12 different songs that all sound like "I'm OK By Myself"...

waYIR.gif

My problem with Moz's live band is that there's so many of them that the music always sounds clangy. The subtleties, if there are any, are lost in the wall of noise. Regardless of whether Jesse has got better or worse - he's probably stayed the same - I'd just like his guitarists to be more melodic and minimalistic to give a bit of space for Morrissey instead of them clang, clang, clanging away. And if they have a riff make sure it isn't the same one thrown into every other song for good measure. Plus maybe use a guitar pedal or two so their guitars sound nicer. Rant over, as you were...

My problem with Moz's live band is that there's so many of them that the music always sounds clangy. The subtleties, if there are any, are lost in the wall of noise. Regardless of whether Jesse has got better or worse - he's probably stayed the same - I'd just like his guitarists to be more melodic and minimalistic to give a bit of space for Morrissey instead of them clang, clang, clanging away. And if they have a riff make sure it isn't the same one thrown into every other song for good measure. Plus maybe use a guitar pedal or two so their guitars sound nicer. Rant over, as you were...

Yeah, that's Jesse's fault. When Alain played with the same number of band mates, everything was clearly audible.

I don't know if he's a good guitarist, but he's brilliant with his fingers ....

Back
Top Bottom