Jerome Reuter (Rome) expresses his opinion about Morrissey in interview with 482 MHz

Jerome Reuter, who is behind the neofolk band Rome, expressed his opinion about Morrissey and the current media fuzz recently in an interview with the swedish blog for alternative music 482 MHz. Find the bit about Moz under here and the interview via this link:
https://482mhz.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/intervju-med-jerome-reuter-rome/

You studied in Manchester when you were younger – an industrial city with a deep, rich musical heritage. Has Manchester inspired you? And what is your favourite Mancunian bands?

Joy Division, obviously. And I just love Morrissey. Manchester is a Moloch, yes, tremendously inspiring. To this day, actually.

I’m also a long term Morrissey fan. He’s suffering from a bit of a backlash these days, from media and certain factions of his fan base, because of him expressing support for alt-right party For Britain. Where do you stand on all of this? Does it serve him right or should we separate the artist from the person?

Oh, shit, I disagree with someone, let’s lynch him! He’s not entitled to his opinion when we know so much better. We like diversity but God forbid we should allow diversity of opinion… We could end up in a democracy without realizing it. This cannot stand. We have to burn his records. Our artists should be role models in all regards, they have no right to be wrong.

Anyway…I’ve been into Morrissey for years and I have learned to not agree with him. I like my meat and my monarchy. So there we go.

Only an idiot would engage in the mental backflips necessary to see genius in Donald Trump. He's an imbecile and an elderly child. It's just that the American political system appears able to work with that.

:rolleyes:
:straightface:
:crazy:
Collage.jpg

Another 3 and a half page in this item, catfight, name calling 'who is the racist' .

Anyone knows Jerome Reuter band Rome?

[oh yeah he said something about Morrisssey ]

Another 3 and a half page in this item, catfight, name calling 'who is the racist' .

Anyone knows Jerome Reuter band Rome?

[oh yeah he said something about Morrisssey ]
Rome is actually terribly good. Check out the songs Stillwell, Querkraft and Les Deracines. For starters, at least!

Doesn't matter what you call 'the enemy' - Jew, commie, capitalist, revolutionary, anti-revolutionary, collaborator, traitor, terrorist, racist, Nazi, fascist - once you decide that they have no right to speak, and no right to exist, you are on very dangerous ground...

God forbid we express our opinion about someone else's opinion. What a lynching.

Free speech works both ways. We're not discussing someone's favorite color here.

Free speech comes with responsibility, and it comes with consequences. This is something the average well adjusted human being learns well before adult-hood.

You cannot face legal consequences for your speech, but people will judge you by what you say, and who you support. It's their right.

Buck up buttecups.

Rome is actually terribly good. Check out the songs Stillwell, Querkraft and Les Deracines. For starters, at least!

Never heard of them until now, but I'm not very hip to the norfolk scene. I pretty much only know of the majors like Current 93, DIJ, & Sol Invictus.

It may be a backlash, but it's a backlash from a bunch of morons so it doesn't count.

Horseshit. We should chase Nazis out of town, just like they were chased out of town in Huddersfield yesterday.
What a bizarre post, what a fascist thing to say, chase people out of town because you don't agree with their opinion?, It is you who are behaving in a fascist way, this is 2018, didn't you know?

God forbid we express our opinion about someone else's opinion. What a lynching.

Free speech works both ways. We're not discussing someone's favorite color here.

Free speech comes with responsibility, and it comes with consequences. This is something the average well adjusted human being learns well before adult-hood.

You cannot face legal consequences for your speech, but people will judge you by what you say, and who you support. It's their right.

Buck up buttecups.

We are expressing our opinion about your opinion of someone elses opinion, Butterball.
:lbf:

(what a DORK)

hes a joke on here now.he says hes never bought a thing with M s name on it and yet he still lurks here 24 hours a day waiting for an interview to drop.

hes a joke on here now.he says hes never bought a thing with M s name on it and yet he still lurks here 24 hours a day waiting for an interview to drop.
He's never said that, he freely admits he was a big fan of Morrissey, back when, you know, his career wasn't a complete disaster and when he didn't express racist views.

What a bizarre post, what a fascist thing to say, chase people out of town because you don't agree with their opinion?, It is you who are behaving in a fascist way, this is 2018, didn't you know?
So you're saying we shouldn't chase Nazis out of town? I agree, we should should corner them IN TOWN and beat the living sh** out of them.

So you're saying we shouldn't chase Nazis out of town? I agree, we should should corner them IN TOWN and beat the living sh** out of them.
doh:

Of course not, you and Skinny dont own the town to be kicking anyone out. What are you all, Brown Shirts?
The new chubby SA?
Neither has jobs for you to be considering yourselves owner of a town FFS> why dont you concentrate in finding work and relieving the poor taxpayer who has to foot the bill for you and Skinny to be habituating all day and night.
:neutral:
What? Did you all think you were going to live off the Genius TV money forever. Thats Smiths money and needs to be paid back.:rolleyes:

He's never said that, he freely admits he was a big fan of Morrissey, back when, you know, his career wasn't a complete disaster and when he didn't express racist views.
i can assure you in one of his rants he stated categorically that he doesn't own or has never bought anything to do with Morrissey and here he lurks on MORRISSEYsolo.

Never heard of them until now, but I'm not very hip to the norfolk scene. I pretty much only know of the majors like Current 93, DIJ, & Sol Invictus.
I'm not either, and the politics are often murky. But Rome writes better songs than most and experiments with different sounds and styles. He's also explicitly anti-fascist and his views are very internationalist.

Do you mean these two people with a St. George's Cross flag who you didn't exactly "chase out of Huddersfield", but rather you stood with the police and waited for them to be moved on? Great job, Peter! *slow clap*
I looked it up just now expecting a big news story, and yet the only information about it is on your Twitter. Is this how you spend your time since you separated from your wife, driving to different towns to chase a couple of "Nazis" with an English flag out of town? Talk about obsessed. Good going, quashing this Brownshirts revival before it got started, pal. These two lads really look like they were about to start whipping the Huddersfield shop goers up into a fascistic frenzy.

I’ve always loved that station facade. Betjamin was a fan.
UTT.
Pilgrimupnorth

"Oh, shit, I disagree with someone, let’s lynch him! He’s not entitled to his opinion when we know so much better. We like diversity but God forbid we should allow diversity of opinion… We could end up in a democracy without realizing it. This cannot stand. We have to burn his records. Our artists should be role models in all regards, they have no right to be wrong."

Sammy:"Uncle Steven, come see what this guy Jerome Reuter has said about you. Its really supportive. We can upload it onto Morrissey Central."

"Anyway…I’ve been into Morrissey for years and I have learned to not agree with him. I like my meat and my monarchy. So there we go."

Sammy
:"Aw shit, it doesn't matter."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom